No matter what capacity of USB flash drive that you have, it will run out of memory at some point in time.
This issue could be our main concern when we need to transfer some important data from one computer to another. They are just like hard drives but smaller, faster and portable. However, you can’t take help of Windows Disk Management to manage and resize USB partition as it doesn’t give you an option to do that. That’s why, you need to take help of a third-party app.
We have listed two of the most usable software which could help you resize USB flash drive partition. Read on!
1. EaseUS Partition Master
The software supports hard disk, USB external hard disk and other removable storage devices such as memory card, USB flash drive. The software is capable of resizing, moving partition, repartition hard drive, convert FAT file system into NTFS, and remove USB flash drive partition to maintain privacy. The software works smoothly with all Windows OS versions.
Resize partition of USB flash drive EaseUS Partition Master:
We have listed step by step instructions to resize USB flash drive, follow them to get the job done.
- Get EaseUS Partition Master and install it on your computer.
- Launch it and from the interface, select partition of USB flash drive which you want to resize.
- Make a right click on the selected partition and choose “Resize/Move Partition”.
- To resize the partition, drag the boundary of the partition to the size you want and to confirm, click OK.
- Click Apply to let the changes affect and it is done!
2. AOMEI Partition Assistant
AOMEI Partition Assistant is also a good option to resize the USB flash drive partition with ease. The software resizes partition of USB flash drive on almost all the Windows OS. It not only helps with USB flash drives re-partitioning but also with SSDs and HDDs’.
Resizing the partition of USB flash drive with AOMEI Partition Assistant
- Download and install AOMEI Partition Assistant.
- Launch the software and it will detect your USB flash drive,
- Right click on the USB flash drive and choose “Resize Partition” from the context menu.
- Now select the size of the partition that you want to by dragging the boundary. Click OK. to confirm.
- On the next screen, you will see new unallocated space. Click Apply to let the changes affect.
- In future, this unallocated space can be used to extend a volume or create a new volume.
So, these are ways to quickly repartition your USB flash drive with the help of a software. Try them and let us know what works for you!