There was a time when data sharing between computers was a tedious task. Most of the time, you needed to carry USB flash drive or hard disk or LAN cable, to make a data transfer.
But now in smart world, there are many free applications available which allow you to share data between computers and SHAREit is one of them. Using this app, you can share data 200 time faster than Bluetooth. To use this app, you don’t need any data plan or WiFi network.
In this article, we will show you how to share data/files from one laptop to another using SHAREit program.
Data Sharing Between Two Laptops Using SHAREit:
To start sharing data like video, files, music etc. You can follow the steps provided below:
- Firstly, both laptops should be on same WiFi network. Now, switch on WiFi on both laptops and connect them. In case, you are not able to search WiFi network, then you can use the alternate method which is “Mobile Hotspot”. You just need to create a mobile hotspot on one of the two laptops (To create hotspot, in-built option provided in Windows 10) and just connect your other laptop using this hotspot.
- Next, just download and install SHAREit on both laptops. Setup file size would be ~6.15 MB.
- Now, Open SHAREit application on both laptops.
Also Read: 7 Best File Sharing Apps For Android 2018
- From one laptop, click on the 3-bar horizontal line menu placed on the top right corner of the app and tap on Connect to PC.
- Now, app will start to search for laptops running app on the similar network.
- In few moments, you will be able to see the other SHAREit running laptop.
- Now, tap on the laptop name or icon to join the other laptop.
- Once you tap on the icon, you will get a confirmation box on another laptop. You just tap on Accept to give the access.
- Once these steps are completed, you can share the files between both laptops. You just need simply drag-and-drop files to the app window. Alternatively, you can choose files you wish to transfer using Select files button and then tap on Open to share them.
- Now, on the app you can see the sharing speed, data size with a progress bar.
- Once file sharing completed, you can disconnect the connection using Disconnect option.
- Now, you can see the received data on another laptop. To see the files, tap on File received button situated under 3-bar horizontal menu.
Also Read: 10 Best File Sharing Apps on iPhone
That’s it. Just enjoy music or video files which you have just transferred using SHAREit to another laptop. We hope this article was helpful, as it is a very simple method of sharing data/file from one computer to another. If you have any comment or suggestion, you can write in section provided below.