Crashing of Facebook and Messenger is not a new thing on a device. It mostly happens if your Android device is clogged or has not been updated for a while. Either the app or the device could be the reason of the crashing. However, there could be other reasons for it too. Resolving the issue needs to follow some simple steps.
Ways to Fix Facebook App Crashing On Android
In this post, we have listed the troubleshooting steps to resolve Facebook app crashing on Android
1. Restart The App
Whenever Facebook app crashes or stops responding, you can always restart the app. Sometimes, this simple step can fix the issue.
2. Restart Your Phone
If the first step doesn’t help you resolve the issue, restart your phone, this will refresh the background processes and the app might start working properly. A quick reboot of your device is all that is needed.
3. Check for an App Update
If both the above methods don’t work for you to resolve Facebook app crashing on Android issue, then move to this one. You might have not updated the app in a while. Every developer releases update for the app to resolve issues and induce improvements. To do that, follow these steps:
- Go to Google Play Store and locate Facebook app.
- Check whether there is an Update button just below Facebook.
- If yes, then click on Update. This will fix all the bugs within the app.
4. Clear Facebook App Cache and Data
As Facebook stores a significant amount of data and cache which could slow the device, if you clear the cache and data, you might see a change for the better in the behavior of the app. Follow these steps to clear cache and data from the Facebook app:
- Open Settings.
- Go to Apps and Tap on it.
- Locate Facebook app and tap on it to get to its settings.
- Tap Clear Cache and then Clear Data.
- Restart your Android and now launch Facebook app.
5. Delete the App and Reinstall
If clearing cache doesn’t work, you can delete the Facebook app, restart your device and reinstall the app.
To do that follow these steps:
- To uninstall Facebook app, tap and hold the app and move it to the top of the screen and a bin will appear, drag it to the bin.
- Now restart your Android device.
- Go to Play Store.
- Search Facebook and install the app.
Check whether there are improvements.
6. Update Android
To resolve Facebook app crashing on Android, if none of the above steps work for you, you can check for updates for your Android device. Sometimes pending updates may be the culprit. Follow these steps to update Android:
Note: Turn on Wifi
- Go to Settings.
- Locate System Update and tap on it to open.
- Tap on check updates.
- It will show if any of updates are available. If yes, then tap on the update to initiate the download.
7. Reset Phone to Factory Settings
If nothing worked for you, then consider resetting your phone to factory settings as a last resort to fix Facebook app crashing on Android issue. When you reset the device, all the data stored in the internal memory of the device will be deleted. After resetting, install Facebook and other apps. Let’s know how to do it:
- First Backup your data.
- Locate Settings from home screen.
- Navigate Backup & reset.
- Now tap Factory data reset.
- You will get the option what to preserve.
- Tap Reset phone.
Now your Android phone will restart and it is will be just as it came out of the box. Now download Facebook app to check whether the issue is resolved.
So, this is it! Try the methods and let us know what worked for you!