The multimedia messaging app giant Snapchat’s parent company Snap introduced its spectacles back in June’17. The gadget has been popular since then due its performance. However, there is a lot that hasn’t been revealed about the device and this makes many people unaware of its existence. Although, it has gained a big name since its launch due to its unique camera on frame, you would still wish to know a little extra before you go and buy it. Today, we’re going to explain everything you need to know about Snapchat Spectacles:
What is Snapchat’s Spectacles?
Snap Spectacle is basically a pair of spectacles equipped with cameras. These cameras let you click a photo and shoot a small sized video of up to 10 seconds that is directly uploaded to Snapchat. If you wish to shoot a longer video, you can click the button again within those 10 seconds. It offers a video recording of up to 30 seconds that you need to continue with key pressing. In order to take a picture, just press and hold the button and there you go. One of the best things about these spectacles is that they are specifically designed to survive any wild pool party as they are water resistant. Also, you can take enormous quality of pictures and videos even under water.
How the ‘New’ specs are different than the previous ones?
Although, there is no major change between the new and the old Snapchat Specs, there are still some significant changes to notice:
- The company seems to have made the electric device smaller that has a direct impact on its temple, which is smaller than the older ones.
- Previous model was designed to only take videos. However, the new version of Snapchat Specs are able to click photos if you long press the key.
- Fisheye distortion is diminished to a significant level.
- As far as the field of view is concerned, it has downgraded from 115 degrees of previous version to a new 105 degrees of new version. That emphasis the fact that you will have lesser area in your shot.
- New specs are perfect for your underwater shoots as they can tackle water splashes and shallow water. Although, there is no official water-resistance rating announced by the company.
Currently, the Snapchat specs are available for you on spectacles.com for UK, US, France and Canada residents. Once you’re done taking videos, you can export them to Snapchat in HD quality. Also, these videos are recorded in 360, so it enables you to watch them on your moving your smartphone in multiple directions. If you wish to post your videos on Facebook or Instagram, you can download single video files from Snapchat and upload them on different platforms later. The only catch to these videos is that you will see a white border line around the clip as they are circular mode videos.
Overall, the Snapchat Specs are not the ordinary frames that save you from sunlight. They can do greater things like capturing an everlasting moment of your life or your fun time with friends. One of the best things about Snapchat Spectacles is that they are handy and don’t require any training to be used. They’re more like a plug and play that also fits you well. If you know some more gadgets like this, do let us know in the comments below.