XPS File Format
It is a format that defines the layout, presence and all the information regarding the printing of any document. It is a document that contains information regarding the fixed page layout. The description is written in the XPS page language.
XPS files are saved in the XPS format, which is the patented format by Microsoft and is similar to PDF files.
What Happened After Windows 10 April 2018 Update?
Windows 10 April 2018 Update came with many improvements and enhancements. While there were many new things added, some were buried. With the April update, Windows 10 has finally ended the support for XPS file format and the XPS Viewer app will no longer be available on new installations.
This, however, does not mean that it will discontinue the support for the pre-installed XPS Viewer app. People who have updated their Operating System from the Fall Creator Update to the April 2018 Update will continue to get the support for the XPS format.
Well, if you are amongst those users who are running on the Windows 10 April 2018 Update and are not able to get XPS Viewer app, you have landed at the correct place. This article will guide with some easy-to-do steps to get the XPS Viewer app back.
How to Install the XPS Viewer App on Windows 10?
Well, if you have updated to the Windows 10 April 2018 update, and want to get the XPS Viewer app back, here is how you can get it. Walk through the article, to know how to install the XPS Viewer App on Windows 10.
Perform the following steps to do so:
1. Type Setting in the search bar present on the Task Bar.
2. From the Settings Window, click on Apps.
3. Click on Apps & features from the left panel.
4. Now from the right panel, click on Manage optional features.
5. From the Manage optional features window, click on Add a feature.
6. Scroll down and select XPS viewer, and finally on the Install button.
After performing these easy steps, XPS Viewer will install on your Windows 10 PC. Now that you have the XPS format again, you will be able to open files using this format.
This was all about getting the XPS viewer app, however keeping in mind that Windows no longer maintains the XPS format, it is advised to convert all your XPS files to the PDF format or some other format.
Convert XPS to PDF Format
Continue reading to know how you can convert XPS files to PDF files:
1. Open the XPS file you want to convert using the XPS Viewer app.
2. Once the file opens, click on the Print button located on the top-right corner.
3. From the Print window, checkmark the option that says Microsoft Print to PDF under Select Printer.
4. Finally, click on the Print button.
You can perform the same steps to convert the remaining XPS files to PDF files.
We hope that the article solved your purpose and you were able to install the XPS viewer app on your Windows 10 PC and easily access the files saved in XPS file format. You can also convert the files to PDF format. Do share your feedback in the comments section below.