That one photograph that your friends captured of you doing kegstands, has the potential of ending your love life forever. More so, any file that has the potential of disrupting the path of your life needs to be deleted asap. But, keep in mind that if you simple send it to the Trash Bin, it is still on your drive and taking up precious disk space. So, in order to save yourself from further embarrassment, one will need to learn how to permanently delete files from the hard drive on Windows 10.
There are 2 ways one can go about it. They are mentioned below.
How To Permanently Delete Files in Windows 10 Without Software
1. The Easiest Way: Press ‘Shift + Delete’ on a selected file. A pop up comes asking ‘are you sure you want to permanently delete this file?’ Click on ‘Yes’. You have now managed to permanently delete a single file.
Note: In the event that you sell out or lose your PCs drive, hackers have means of retrieving ‘permanently deleted files’ that are deleted using a powerful file recovery tool.
2. The Fastest Way: This is probably the best way to ensure that all the files that you delete are permanently deleted and not lying in some corner of your drive. It is also one of the fastest way of deleting multiple files. The steps to the same are:
- Go to your Desktop.
- Scroll to the Recycle Bin icon and ‘Right Click’ on it.
- Open the Recycle Bin ‘Properties’.
- Click on the circle ‘Don’t Move files to the Recycle Bin, Remove files immediately when deleted’.
- Then, tick the checkbox for ‘Display delete confirmation dialog’.
- Click ‘Apply’ to save the settings. Next, click on ‘Ok’ to save and exit the Recycle Bin properties.
Note: Here too, when your discarded or stolen hard drives fall in hacker’s hands, they can manage to retrieve all the ‘permanently deleted files’ with a powerful file recovery tool that is easily available in the market. This method is cannot be trusted for permanent deletion of files.
How To Permanently Delete Files in Windows 10 Hard Drive With Tool
When we use a software for deleting files on our hard drive, it ensures that a large number of files or at times entire disks can be cleaned out in one go. One can find plenty of software in the market that claim to do the same, but none of them can ensure overall optimization of your PC. the need of the hour is a software that not only deletes files but also keeps the PC running smoothly in the most Safe and Secure Way.
One thing to always keep in mind is that it isn’t easy to permanently delete files from Windows 10. The reason is simple. The files, folders or images which you want deleted don’t actually get erased after deletion. It is only by file shredding can they be completely irrecoverable. Advanced System Optimizer offers the most safe and secure file shredding feature the chances of them being recovered are absolutely zero.
- Download and register the software to get optimum use of the features:
- Click on ‘Security and Privacy’ on the left panel.
- Click on ‘Secure Delete’.
- Click on ‘Select File’ button.
- Once you click select files, you can either add a single or multiple files or entire folder.
- You can browse to the file or folder you want to add and click ‘Open’
- Once selected files/folders are added, you can uncheck any file/folder you do not wish to delete and This shall immediately delete all the files and folders that were selected, permanently.
Note: One needs to be absolutely sure that they want to permanently delete a file, folder, or drive as this is a powerful tool and there is no manner in which they can ever be retrieved.
There you have it. You now have the most powerful software with which one can permanently delete files or folders and even entire drives at a time. With the knowledge of how to permanently delete files from the hard drive on Windows 10, one can secure their data from hackers. No matter how they get access to your drive, there is now no chance for them to retrieve permanently deleted files.