Art has always been defined as a tool to express oneself visually, by performing plays, still life artifacts, or any format that helps in expressing the author’s imaginative or technical skill. There are no rules around art. One of the most famously sold pieces of art is created by a child. Marla Olmstead, was just 4 when she sold her painting for $253. Soon, her paintings began to sell for thousands of dollars. While there is no parameter that helps define the way art should be, it this this flight of fantasy of the artist that attracts patrons. Art lovers are a class amongst themselves. They prefer to keep their reasoning, their choices of patronage to themselves but are still open in expressing their love for the piece and the artist behind it. For such loyal art lovers, there are a few apps that can help in planning trips to museums, spotting art and knowing more about the famous pieces. With the use of these apps art lover shall rejoice.
Best Apps for Art Lovers
How can a blog on Art, for art lovers begin without MoMA? The Museum of Modern Art is a landmark in NYC. Patrons can get better knowledge of the museum by using this app as it provides information on the curators and the artists featured. Apps for art lovers are plenty, but the key features of this app are:
- Language support in 10+ languages including traditional and simplified Chinese amongst others.
- This app is perfectly compatible with other iOS features.
- Has features that help the physically disabled in understanding a piece of art by providing detailed visual description of the same on the audio stream.
- In fact, provides a detailed history of every piece of art in an audio format.
- Has special audio for young listeners who are finding their feet in the world of art.
- One can even book tickets online on the site and save valuable time that would have been spent standing in queue.
What a wonderful app for visual art lovers. This app covers up to 250000 different artworks that are created by around 3000 artists worldwide. This application is available in 7 languages. The team behind the site and the application tries their level best to not violate copyright laws and offers detailed HD images of paintings featured. Additional key features of this app for art lovers are:
- A must-have app for those who are interested in the classic artists and their famous paintings.
- Breakdowns the paintings according to artist, era and impressions it left on other artists.
- Provides language support
- Features famous artists according to nationality too.
See Also: Top 5 Amazing Android Apps For Designers
This application and its site are the perfect platforms through which one can buy or sell artwork. These finished products fetch a handsome price in the market. Apart from the monetary gain that can be achieved, artists also get recognition for their work on an international level. In direct competition with auction houses and art galleries, Artsy is just perfect for all artists who want to display their creation. 270,000 art pieces are currently listed on their site and they have tie ups with majority of the museums. Its key features of this art app for iPhone are:
- With the app, one can learn, study and increase one’s knowledge on the various artists featured.
- Helps one acquire art pieces according to one’s preferences when they become available in the market.
- Provides insider information on various artworks before they even go on display.
- One can receive alerts on new works that shall be featured and all the upcoming shows.
- A download image button helps one get a high definition version of art works.
With a strong community support of almost 7,00,000 members on various social media platforms, this site and its application is perfect for those who want to know about art. Features more than 2000 different art pieces on display with details. Other key features of this art app for iPhone are:
- Answers all questions regarding art pieces and artists
- One can share information on art pieces via social media platforms
- Sets out an art piece a day with notifications.
Equally famous for its external architecture, the Guggenheim is museum unlike any other. One of its distinct features is that it offers the visitors a rich multimedia content to explore, study and enjoy. They have exhibits that are exclusively for kids. Along with it, they also provide audio support in 5 distinct languages. They also provide information about upcoming events, exhibits and art pieces being displayed near your location. The key features of this app for art lovers are:
- It is highly compatible with voice over with the many iOS devices.
- Provides a detailed audio description on art pieces depicted.
6. Portrait painting HD
- Download: iOS
- Cost: $1.99
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
This app is focused only on portraits. From the great masters to contemporary artists, this app has all the styles. A total of 1187 different portraits, one can never get enough of them as there are details shared about the style used and the trivia that surrounds them. The other key features are:
- One can easily download the images on their device in HD quality.
- Zoom in to your heart’s content to study the images and the strokes used.
- Offers a user-friendly interface with which one can study and learn more about art works of the greatest artists of our times.
7. Sky Art HD for museums
- Download: iOS
- Cost: Free
- Requires iOS 7.1 or later.
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
What a fantastic application for art loving kids. With it, they can understand the nuances of art in an easy manner. This application focuses on promoting art to the younger generation and in turn generating an interest in this field. The other key features of this app are:
- Focuses on art loving children from the age of 7 to 12 years.
- Promotes Italian art and its unique cultural heritage.
- With features like ‘My art’ and ‘games’ it is a very engaging application
There you have it folks! Upgrade your life with a touch of art. After all, it is part of our culture and heritage. Step out and visit the nearest museum and don’t forget to engage the younger generation in the beauty that they are offering with the help of these app for art lovers.