Apple announced iOS 12 and macOS Mojave recently. A lot of features are getting updated and FaceTime is one of them. With adding Animojis, stickers and more, you can also add more people to a FaceTime video chat. Yes, that’s right, now add more than one people or join a FaceTime video call on iPhone, iPad, and Mac. It allows you to add 32 participants in a FaceTime call. Moreover, you can also start a group call via group conversation in iMessages on your iPhone, iPad or join one.
In this post, we will discuss how to make group FaceTime calls on iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
1. Make Group FaceTime call via Messages:
You can easily initiate FaceTime Calls while using default messaging app on iOS and Mac. Follow this to make group FaceTime calls on iPhone, iPad.
- Go to Messages on your iPhone or iPad.
- Locate any group conversation or you can also start a new one.
- Now tap the avatars of the group members of the conversation located at the upper middle screen.
- Tap FaceTime to make a group call.
2. Make Group FaceTime call via FaceTime on iOS devices:
Launching the FaceTime app and initiating a group FaceTime call is an obvious option, let’s know how to do it:
- Locate and launch FaceTime on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap + button, located at the top-right corner.
- Input the name or phone number of a person whom you want to call.
- You can add up to 30 contacts. Tap Video or Audio icon to make FaceTime call.
3. Make group FaceTime call via FaceTime on Mac
- Launch FaceTime on Mac.
- Enter the name or number of a person you want to call. You can have 32 participants in a group FaceTime call.
- Click Video or Audio button to make your FaceTime call.
4. Join a group FaceTime call in Messages
- You also get an option to join an ongoing group FaceTime call from a group iMessage thread provided the group call is between people in the thread. Follow these to join:
- Launch Messages on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on group conversation with an open FaceTime call.
- Look for green Join button and tap on to join.
In this way, you can make Group FaceTime calls on iPhone, iPad, and Mac. So, make group FaceTime calls and enjoy the conversation with friends and share the exciting news with family and see their reactions and expression in real-time.