With the exponential increase in digital and media addiction and the adverse effects related to it, tech giants have started to emphasize on digital wellness of users. Giants like Apple and Google in the technological world are now aiming at digital wellbeing of the human race and are introducing new and innovative features to lower the adversities. Features like screen time monitoring and Do Not Disturb While Driving etc. are being rolled out to curb this digital addiction.
There are various apps where people spend a lot of time, and YouTube by Google is one amongst them. YouTube is a video-sharing website that attracts people to the maximum and users spend hours on it without a break. This not only poses adverse effects of the overall health of any user but also wastes a lot of time if the content is not useful.
Google has recently come up with a new feature that easily reminds you to take breaks while you are watching videos on YouTube. No one can deny the fact that YouTube is everyone’s favorite and to control this addiction something of the sort was quintessential. Walk through the article to know about YouTube ‘Take a Break’ reminder.
How to Enable YouTube ‘Take a Break’ Reminder:
Digital Wellness is being promoted and emphasized to curb digital and media addiction by taking regular breaks from continuous device usage. Google’s new YouTube ’Take a Break’ reminder feature is meant for the same. Continue reading the article to know how to enable YouTube ‘Take a Break’ reminder on Android.
Follow the steps to activate YouTube ‘Take a Break’ reminder:
- Launch YouTube application of your Android device.
- On the main Account page, look for your profile image icon on the top right corner.
- From the drop-down menu click on Settings.
- From the Settings window click on General settings.
- The very first option in General settings is “Remind me to take a break”. Toggle on the setting and set the Reminder frequency.
- Once the intended frequency is set, you will receive a pop-up when you hit the time to remind you for a break. The Reminder frequency can be changed as per needs as many times.
So, guys, this was all about how you can cut down your digital and media addiction by taking regular breaks. Just enable YouTube ‘Take a Break’ reminder and live a peaceful like and increase your digital wellbeing.