Many of you might have received the following error message while installing an Intel graphics driver update for Windows 10, that is ‘The Driver Being Installed Is Not Validated for This Computer’. This is driver validation error, which occurs because of the manufacturers, who change the Intel graphics card settings at the time of pre-installation. This is done because manufacturer wants users to update and install driver from their respective websites, instead of using Intel website.
But, don’t worry! This error can be fixed manually.
So, today, in this article, we will be talking about the solution to this error, with the step by step guide to fix ‘The Driver Being Installed Is Not Validated for This Computer’ error on Windows 10 manually.
For this, first, you need to install the Intel drivers manually using device manager. This is only necessary for the first time, once the drivers are installed, there is no need to download them again.
Download the graphics drivers from Intel you want to use. Instead of .exe version, download the .zip version of the package from Intel’s website.
Now, on your system extract the downloaded zip file to a folder. This can be done by right-clicking the zip file and selecting “Extract All”.
- Go to search box, and find ‘Device Manager’.
- In Device Manager, select and open ‘Display adapters’, where right-click the ‘Intel(R) HD Graphics’ device, and choose ‘Properties’.
- Now, properties window will appear on your screen, here press the ‘Driver’ tab and select ‘Update Driver’ button.
- From the options, select ‘Browse my computer for driver software’.
- Now, tap on ‘Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer’.
- Here, from the bottom right corner of the window, press the ‘Have Disk’ button.
- Now, in the ‘Install from Disk’ window, press ‘Browse’ button.
- Once you do this, direct to the folder where the driver was extracted and double-click the ‘Graphics’ subfolder inside it.
In Graphics, if you’re using a 64-bit version of Windows double-click ‘igdlh64.inf’ file, or if you’re using a 32-bit version of Windows, double-click the ‘igdlh32.inf’ file.
- After selecting the file, press ‘OK’. Just after pressing OK, In the list of available drivers, Intel Driver that is selected will appear as the only option. Press ‘Next’ to install driver.
Now, driver will be installed by Windows, and will let you know when it’s done with the installation process.
Note: To ensure the driver is completely installed, it is recommended to restart the PC.
If you are facing the driver validation error, instead of doing it manually, you can use Systweak Advanced Driver Updater to automatically update drivers.
These steps will fix ‘The Driver Being Installed Is Not Validated for This Computer’ error on Windows 10.
If you found this helpful, please let us know. Give us your feedback in the comments box below.