Amazon Alexa is the digital assistant that comes with Amazon Echo and has been quite popular as it seems to be one of the best voice assistants so far. Whether you want to ask for recipes or order a takeout from your favorite restaurant, Alexa helps you with it. Along with this, it is very efficient in assisting you with other things. However, users always wanted Alexa on Windows 10. Well it’s possible!
In this post, we will guide you with step by step instructions to install Amazon Alexa on Windows 10.
Note: The app for Amazon Alexa is only available exclusively for PC brands such as HP, Lenovo, and Acer, however, it can be installed on any PC.
As Alexa was introduced some time ago, there are some issues in it, but if you are curious enough to check what Alexa is capable of, let’s get started!
How To Download and Install Amazon Alexa on Windows 10?
Amazon Alexa app is available in an executable file named as Alexa_App_for_PC_Installer_1_2_9 which is of 134 MB. Follow these steps to download and install Amazon Alexa:
- Go to the website: https://www.amazon.com/alexaforpc
- You will get to download and install Amazon Alexa for PC.
- Amazon Alexa interface will open to install the app.
- Now follow on-screen prompts to finish the installation process.
- Now navigate to the app from the Start menu.
- You will be prompted to log in.
- Use your Amazon account to sign in.
- Log in using your Amazon account.
Note: Users outside the US using Alexa might need to change system language.
You can also choose to enable ‘Launch app on sign into this computer’ so next time when you will start your computer, the app will come up automatically. You can check for the settings under Amazon Alexa settings.
Note: Once the app is installed, it will get Microsoft Visual C++ 2015, in case your system doesn’t have it!
Customize Settings To Use Alexa:
- To get Alexa app on Windows 10 taskbar, follow these steps:
- Go to start menu and click on Settings.
- Now click Personalization.
- Click taskbar and then click on “Select what icons appear on the taskbar”. Look for Alexa and enable it.
Which feature works and which doesn’t?
If your PC doesn’t come under officially supported models or you have custom firmware for Alexa, you won’t be able to wake Alexa through voice will not work.
The workaround to wake Alexa is, Alexa on PC will wake up by pressing blue button in the app. Other than this Amazon Alexa works just as it should work. Making to-do list, setting reminders
However, if you use Microsoft Cortana, you don’t need Alexa. Apart from this, if you want to shop on Amazon or want to use Amazon skills and want to play Amazon Music.
In this way, you can download and install Amazon Alexa on Windows 10 and use it. Try it and let the digital assistant of Amazon Echo with you on your computer.