Apple Watch has a brilliant way to help you track your fitness activity with the Apple Watch Workout app. However, it might not be suitable for all, given the fact if people were already using some other kind of app or wearable to do the same. Let’s say you have bought Apple Watch, therefore have Apple Watch Workout app but have been tracking your running routine and stats on Runtastic. Moreover, if you have your friends using the same app. You would not definitely want to switch to a new app.
Well, there is a good news! With RunGap, you can import and export workout data to apps like Garmin, Runkeeper, MakeMyRun, Fitbit, Apple Health and more. If you just want to import your data to Apple Health or Apple Activity, however, exporting needs a “Grab Bag” in-app purchase for $1.99 every three months.
In this post, we will guide you with the steps to use RunGap to export all your workout routines to Apple Watch workout app.
To get started, follow these steps:
- Go to RunGap and launch it.
- Locate the Settings menu and allow Apple Health access.
- Next step would be navigating to Activities.
- You will get a list of activities in the Activity app.
- To select and share activities, go to the upper right corner and click on which you want to share and then click on Share.
- Now a list of apps or services will appear. Enable those which you want to share.
Note: You might be prompted to log in, before sharing.
The app also provides an option of Auto Sharing, which can be accessed under Accounts & Settings. Upon setting this, you don’t need to repeat the process & your Apple Watch workout app and other similar apps will be synced automatically.
- Now go to Accounts & Settings, then go to the Advanced Settings option.
- Enable “Use as Source” and checkmark beside all the services with which you want to share new workouts.
- Checkmark beside all the services with which you wish to share workouts by enabling: Accounts & Settings-> Advanced Settings-> Use As Destination
To share all the new workouts automatically, go to Accounts & Settings -> Auto Sharing, now mentions the number of days to search new workouts which you wish to share somewhere else.
Let’s say you wish to share Apple Watch Activity workouts with Runtastic, then go to Advanced Settings, select Apple Health as a source. Then go to Runtastic Advanced Settings and mark them as a destination.
If you want to export data, mark Apple Health as a destination and Runtastic as a source.
As concluded, Rungap is one of the best apps which works to sort out the sharing of the workout stats. Download it and start sharing workout from Apple Watch workout app.