We use Google products on most of our devices. We all have created Google accounts and saved some information using these accounts. Google accounts hold more information than you think. This information stored on the Google accounts is used for restoring when needed.
Google Archive contains our Android Device Configuration Service, +1s, Bookmarks, Classroom, Cloud Print, G Suite Marketplace, Google Play Console, Google Play Store, Handsfree, Hangouts, Hangouts on Air, Home App, Input Tools, Keep, Maps (your places), My Maps, News, Posts on Google, Profile, Saved, Search Contributions, Street View, Tasks, Textcube, Contacts, Google Help Communities, Google Play Games Services, Google+ Circles, Location History, Calendar, Chrome, Data Shared For Research, Drive, Fit, Google Pay, Google Photos, Google Play Books, Google Play Movies & TV, Google+ Communities, Google+ Stream, Groups, Mail, Maps, My Activity, and YouTube data.
Information that is collected by Google will be stored for long period of time and even if the account is inactive then your information will be stored until Google eventually deletes it.
How To Set Google Account To Auto Delete
You can use the feature “Inactive Account Manager” to decide what happens to your account after certain time of inactivity.
It will also let your family member or trusted person to download some of the data after long period of inactivity.
Follow the steps below to auto delete Google account after your die or if you do not use the account any more.
Form desktop Browser:
- Open your browser and sign-in to your Gmail account.
- After sign-in to your account click on Google Account.
- From Google Account click on Personal info & privacy.
- Scroll down until you find “Assign an account trustee” and Inactive Account Manager. And click on “CHANGE THIS SETTING”.
- Click on “START” to initiate the process.
- Now you have to choose the time of the inactivity period. And enter your contact email and phone number.
- Now you have to enter the name of the person whom Google will notify, and you can also give access to your data to the selected person.Note: You can select up to 10 people. Also, you can set auto reply which will be sent to the selected person.
- When you click on “NEXT”, Google will ask you if you wish to delete the account after it becomes inactive. If you want to delete turn the button on.
- Click on REVIEW PLAN and review the settings you just have made. And to finalize click on CONFIRM PLAN.
Now after selected period of time Google will delete your account. Google will inform you about the deletion of your account.
From your Android smartphone
You can also set your Google account for auto deletion from your Android device. Just follow the steps below:
- Open settings and tap on Google.
Note: If you do not find Google in the settings you can open settings in Gmail and select desired email address for which you want to turn on to auto delete Google account.
- Now tap on Google account or My Account from Gmail.
- Now go to “Data and personalization” and select “Make a plan for your account”.
Now you have to perform the same steps you have performed on your Computer.
What type of account is considered as inactive?
Those accounts that are not used for over a long time and users have not logged in to for a long time are considered as inactive Google accounts.
Note: Google will delete almost all the information it has collected over the years.
Setting up the Google account to be deleted is simple and easy. Once you have turned on auto delete you can be sure that after you die your account will be automatically deleted. Dying is not the only the reason for setting up your Google account to be auto deleted if you are using a temporary Gmail account then also you can turn on auto delete so that you do not have to manually delete the account.