The fate of cryptocurrencies although ambiguous, it’s currencies like Ethereum that keeps the hopes that decentralization would matter one day, alive. As ether leads the cryptocurrency market, of course after Bitcoin in terms of market capitalization and high trading. It has substantially reached ATH of $1300 recently, which attracted a lot of eyeballs towards it.
Considered as an amazing platform that promises authenticity, scalability and expansion potential. And if you are someone who still haven’t started experimenting with it, it’s probably the high time you should try your hands on.
What is an Ether Wallet?
Wallets in digital world are treated like bank accounts that has full control over your assets. And Ether wallet is a piece of software that allows users to store funds, transact them quickly and interact with Blockchain to record your transactions.
Following are the parameters you should look forward when you are searching for an ideal ether wallet:
- Safe & Secure
- Supports Multiple Cryptocurrencies
- Supports Both Eth & ERC20
- High Compatibility
A perfect Ethereum wallet is the one that not only keeps your coins safe but also allows easy access for trading and spending.
So, what are the best choices when it comes to an ideal ether wallet? Read on to find out.
Current Eth Price
196.11 US Dollars
List Of Best Ethereum Wallets To Store Ether Safely
This guide breaks down the top ether wallets that keeps your coins safe and sound.
MyEtherWallet (MEW) is an open source platform that uses a web interface to interact with your wallet. If you are an experience crypto person you can easily create a wallet here. But might be a daunting process for beginners to set up, however the platform does give a lot of control as it creates a pair of public and private key files which are easily downloadable.
- Quick to download and easy to install
- Supports Ethereum classic and other ERC20 tokens
- Have an inbuilt ETH to BTC swap feature
- Does not have any servers, so stores the private keys on computer itself, ensuring safety at peak
- Loaded with tutorials to guide users about backing up a wallet
- Claims not to collect any personal information
- Easy to send Ethereum coins through website itself
- Considered as the Best Ethereum wallet for Android
This wallet utilizes public APIs, therefore allowing you to directly purchase ether from cryptocurrency exchanges sites. MyEtherWallet is quite a better option in web wallets as it allows you to write and access smart contracts as well.
MetaMask has been a popular choice in desktop Ethereum wallets. It’s a self-hosted platform that comes along with innate security features to keep your digital currency safe and sound. It has a browser extension that can be used to access Ethereum wallet.
- Easy to set up
- Intuitive design
- Supports both Eth and ERC20 storage
- Coins are stored in browser extension
- Requires no registration or sharing of personal information
- Allows you to browse and access DApps of Ether
- Users can install the MetaMask add-on in Chrome, Firefox, Brave and Opera
- Best Ethereum wallet for iOS, Windows, Linux.
The platform syncs with Ethereum nodes, after which a user can set a password. But just never forget your credentials because there’s no way out to retrieve the wallet.
Though functions as a DApp browser but it also incurs an ether wallet which can be downloaded and synchronized with all the ether nodes. Works in an integration with ShapeShift (a cryptocurrency exchange) making coin trading easy and quick than ever before.
- Supports smart contracts
- Listed on Ethereum.org website as the most basic wallet
- A hybrid wallet that provides web interface
- Once the ether wallet is installed, it asks you to create a password, which can never be changed
- Saves your keys within the device
- Utilize the app for free
- Supports multi-currencies as well
- Have security of knowing that your coins are safe on the official software of the Ethereum blockchain
- Available for Windows, Mac and Linux
If you are someone who likes to play DApp games for crypto, then this place is meant for you!
Exodus is another blockchain wallet asset that has become popular in a very short period of time. When it comes to storing private keys offline, you can rely on Exodus. Unlike other Ethereum wallet apps mentioned here, Exodus has some unique features as well:
- One-click cryptocurrency exchange
- Abilities to hold ERC20 tokens as well
- Users can restore the wallet by use of backup keys
- Aesthetically- pleasing UI
- Provides portfolio charts
- Supports more than 30 cryptocurrencies
- Has exchange support of ShapeShift, Changelly and ChangeNow
- Supports series of Ethereum assets including ReVain, KuCoin, DAI, Kin, ChainLink, AdToken and more
- Multi asset wallet app for Windows, Mac and Linux
With multiple features, Exodus support tons of coins therefore you don’t have to create a new wallet for each new coin you buy.
Listing the best Ethereum wallet apps and forgetting Trust Wallet is not possible. Acquired by the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange Binance, TrustWallet allows you to swap assets and other coins from directly within the wallet.
- Supports almost every cryptocurrency & tokens you can think of
- ERC20 compatible
- Users can stay anonymous
- Integrated with Kyber Network (Decentralized Exchange) for instant trades
- It has an amazing development community, that continuously look forwards to innovating and maintaining the wallet.
- A well-suited app for both novices and experienced crypto users
- Best Ethereum wallet for Android & iOS
A meticulously crafted tool that provides simple, quick and safe transactions between users and ether network or DApp.
Wrap Up: Best Ethereum Wallet Apps
Cyber criminals are loving Blockchain as they often found defeated by it. So, if you do not keep your Ether safely, you might end up losing them. These safest Ethereum wallet picks for 2019 could be your ultimate solution. So, do use them and tell us your feedbacks in the comment section.
We hope that as you store Ethereum in these wallets, your investment portfolio increases dramatically.