Agree or not but along with food, clothes and shelter, WiFi has also become one of our prime necessity. Without WiFi our gadgets would be dull and lifeless. After all nothing compares to the pleasure of spending a casual Sunday afternoon on a couch, laptop and WiFi of course. Isn’t it?
While using WiFi on Windows 10, you must’ve often noticed a bunch of WiFi network notifications keep popping on the screen. They’re usually the nearby networks or any other WiFi which you have used on your system. But what if we don’t want our neighbor’s WiFi network to appear on our list? What if we just want our Windows PC to stick to home network always?
For this, here are the 3 simple ways to delete a saved WiFi network name from Windows 10. Let’s discuss each one of the method in detail.
1. Via Settings
To forget a saved WiFi network from appearing on your list here’s what you need to do:
- Go to Settings> Network and Internet.
- Now, tap on “WiFi” from the left menu options and then select “Manage Own Network”.
- Here you’ll see a complete list of every WiFi network name your system was ever connected to.
- To delete a network from the list, select the network name and then tap on “Forget”.
- That’s it!
Now whenever you want to connect to this network, the process will start afresh as if you’re connecting for the first time. You’ll need to enter the WiFi password again to connect.
2. Via Command Prompt
The second method to forget a saved WiFi network involves tapping a few commands on the command prompt console. Let’s see how!
- Open the Start menu, type “Command Prompt” and then right click on the command prompt option and tap on “Run as Administrator”.
- Type the following command and hit enter.
netsh wlan show profiles
3. Once you hit enter a list including all your saved WiFi network names will appear on the screen.
4. Locate the profile name which you wish to delete and then type the following command:
netsh wlan delete profile name=”PROFILE NAME”
5. Close the command prompt window once you’re done.
3. Via Home Screen
Last but not the least—the quickest method indeed! With Windows 10’s Fall creators update you now get a chance to quickly forget a saved network from the home screen itself.
All you need to do is simply open the WiFi popup from taskbar (system tray). Now right click on any WiFi network name which you wish to remove from this list and tap on “Forget”.
Super simple, isn’t it?
But this method will only work if you’re near a particular WiFi network and the name appears on the list. If the network name doesn’t appear on the list, you can use the any of the above-mentioned methods to forget a network.
So, folks, here were the 3 quick ways to delete a saved WiFi network name from Windows 10. If you have any other queries feel free to drop us a comment!