If you’re a music lover, your computer’s hard disk is sure to be clogged with hundreds of songs and playlists. Maintaining the music collection can be very tedious if you tend to add songs and videos every now and then.
Nobody likes a clone! Finding and removing duplicate music from your Windows 10, 8, 7 or Mac playlist manually is unfeasible as it is boring and you might give up even before halfway.
Wouldn’t it be more practical if we can use a software for this tiresome task? Here, we have listed four of the best Duplicate Music Files Finder and remover software to easily delete duplicate songs and other duplicate audio files such as mp3, mp4, M4P, WMA etc.
Top 4 Duplicate Songs Finder to Remove Duplicate Music Files
1. Duplicate Music Fixer (Windows and Mac):
Duplicate Music Fixer is one of the best Duplicate Music Files Finder for Windows 10 and Mac. Here are a few features which make it alluring.
- It scans all the audio files on your system, deletes duplicates and builds an organized library.
- The Auto-mark feature helps you filter out the best file out of the duplicates automatically without any manual effort.
- Duplicate Music Fixer enables you to filter files by bit rate, preferred folder option, file format type & by file size.
- To keep the music collection organized, the software automatically creates playlists.
- It has a user-friendly interface.
- It is available for both MAC and Windows 10, 8, 7 and other versions.
2. Duplicate Cleaner Free:
Duplicate Cleaner Free is also one of the best tools to find and remove duplicate music files on Windows. Here are some of the features this duplicate music remover listed –
- It is available for Windows computers.
- The software scans MP3, M4A, M4P, WMA, FLAC, OGG, APE and more formats and finds the duplicate songs and other audio files.
- It is very efficient and provides you with options to narrow the search.
- The selection assistant is useful enough for quickly marking files for deletion based on your criteria.
- You can also view images for the duplicate files before deleting.
- It is available on Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7 and other version Get the app here
Yet another good duplicate music file finder software, Similarity. Let’s have a look on its features:
- It scans MP3, AAC, M4A, WMA, OGG, WAV, FLAC, APE, WV, MPC, OPUS, TTA formats and quickly identifies the duplicates
- It keeps the best music files, and removes duplicate low bitrate audio files.
- It has a clear and spontaneous interface, which makes it easy to use.
- It uses advanced techniques to compare music audio files on sound content instead of binary patterns. Get the app here
Also Read: Best Duplicate Photo Finder Tools
4. Duplicate Music Files Finder:
Last but definitely not the least, Duplicate Music Files Finder is one of the best duplicate MP3 songs finders.
- Easy to use, this duplicate songs finder uses an advance algorithm to detect duplicates and delete them.
- It detects the duplicate music file even if the two are not named same.
- Before deleting the files, it gives you an option to play the files and confirm whether it is a duplicate or not.
- Duplicate Music Files Finder also has a built-in set of tools for managing your music files. Get the app here
Steps To Remove Duplicate Music Files From Windows 10
To find duplicate audio files on your system using this duplicate song remover, follow these steps below:
- Download Duplicate Music Fixer for Windows
- Launch Duplicate Music Fixer.
- Click Scan Location, choose folders that you want to scan for duplicates.
Note: Under Scan Areas, all the selected folders will show up. Please ensure that you put a checkmark beside the selected folders
- Click Scan for Duplicates.
- Click Results & check the duplicate audio files.
Put a checkmark beside duplicates and click Delete Selected Items to get rid of duplicates.
Video tutorial to Find and Remove Duplicate Music Files
Steps To Delete Duplicate Songs From Mac
To scan and remove duplicate audio files on your Mac using duplicate music remover, follow these steps:
- Download Duplicate Music Fixer for Mac
- Go to Duplicate Music Fixer.
- Go to Scan Location Tab, select the folders that you want to scan.
Note: Selected folders will be showed under Scan Areas. Please ensure that you put a checkmark beside the selected folders
- Click Scan for Duplicates.
- Click Results & check the duplicate music files.
- Put a checkmark beside duplicates and click Delete Selected Items to get rid of duplicates.
Organizing your music files in a few minutes, is like a dream come true. With these software, it seems so easy to manage your music collection to your references. Try them and tell us which one of these according to is the best to remove duplicate music files on Windows 10, 8, 7 or Mac.