Why Do I Need A Time Tracking Software?
In A Nutshell
A Time Management Software Is The Need Of The Hour
|While we are working at the comforts of our homes, we need something like a time tracking software for maintaining focus on our official tasks, for keeping track of deadlines. Some time recording software also helps you calculate how much money you have made, primarily if you work on an hourly basis.|
Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, we are all safely working from home. You have probably made your couch, and the centre table your workstation and are sipping on piping hot coffee. Needless to say, you are all set to tackle and manage any and every task that comes upon you or your team.
All sounds hunky-dory, isn’t it?
Let’s face it; things are not just the same as they were while you were at the office. You were more up and close with deadlines, clients, team leaders and bosses. Even if you bickered a bit, there was not much for you to go astray.
But, now, things are different. Now and then, there is some or the other distraction which would come your way. It could be the mess that your child has created, or the urge to lie down on your comfy couch and doze off. And, there are a lot more things which might take your mind off your actual office tasks. No surprise, you might be falling behind on your tasks and getting a cut in a paycheck. How about we solve this for you? To help you with that, here are some of the best time management software that will help you stay on track, that will help you focus and nail your tasks, and you will be able to make your work from home more productive and fair.
Top 4 Best Time Tracking And Time Management Software
Whether you are looking to track your own time or the time of your team, Timely can be your companion while you are working from home. You get a 30 day trial period after which you will have to subscribe for the services. Subscription starts at $ 5 per month billed annually.
- Real-time dashboards giving you insights on weekly capacity, overtime, missing hours and activities
- Visualize project resources and track budgets. You can even check how time was spent across the client portfolio with the help of reports.
- This time management software has cross-device functionality enables you to access Timely on your Android and iOS device as well.
- Timely beautifully integrates with various work from home apps such as Kanbanize, Trello, Scoro and many others.
If you, your office tasks and the money involved are all set by the clock, then let Clockify make things simple for you. It is one-time tracking software that doubles up as a timesheet and helps you and your team track working hours across a variety of different projects.
- This time recording software lets you track hours, categorize time projectwise and enables you to bill time
- You can take out customizable reports in the form of CSV, Excel and PDF and share it with others as well.
- You can set rates hourly with the team and see who is working on which project.
- Cross-device functionality and data can be synced online.
3. Hive Desk
Hive Desk is especially for all the project managers out there. You can now manage your remote staff like never before. It’s simple, clean and keeps your team members accountable.
- Easily invite members to collaborate on projects
- Immediately start employee time tracking
- This time recording software has automatic inactivity checkout
- You can even set default pay rates for each remote staff member
Looking for work from home software that can help you tick off tasks in a project? Tick, as the name suggests, enables you to tick off every task from the list on which your budget is based. You name the project, assign a task and enter your time, rest is taken care of by the time tracking software.
- The design is simple and remains the same across your desktop, Android or iOS smartphone or even Apple Watch.
- As soon as you make an entry, the time tracking software even updates the budget and other project details in real-time.
- You can try the free version for 30 days after which you can buy subscription starting at $ 19 per month and handle upto 10 projects.
- Tick is a time recording software meant both for individuals and teams.
What Is A Time Tracking Software
A time tracking or time management software, as the name suggests helps you manage time in a formal setting. You can enter your starting time, enter project details by the team and then the software will generate billing details. Different time recording software has different features. For instance, as you can see from the software above some software let you mark time as billable. However, some allow you assign time projectwise or clientwise, and almost all such software has cross-device functionality, i.e. you can access data across several devices while you are on the go.
Make Work From Home Productive And Get Paid Fairly
Now, we are sure that you won’t have to lose either time or your hard-earned money, knowing the fact that these time management software will help you calculate time to the last second. And, things will be transparent even with those working with you professionally.
If you loved this blog, do let us know which of the above tools helped you the most. For more tech-content dive into Systweak. You could also follow our YouTube Channel and find us on all social media platforms as well.