Criss Jami correctly said, “An over-indulgence of anything, even something as pure as water, can intoxicate”. In this age of technology, it is next to impossible to resist living without a smartphone. And it is justified, with our smartphones now being more of a requirement than a need. Most of us use our phones to perform multiple tasks apart from the usual messaging, calling and browsing internet.
However, like a coin, this too has two sides. The consistent interruptions because of feed and notifications leaves us distracted from work and disconnected from real world. Sometimes it is good to take a break from the virtual world and limit social media use. Every wasted minute on the smartphone can be saved to make our day more productive and satisfactory.
10 Best Apps To Limit Social Media Use
To help curb the time wastage, we’ve hand-picked 10 best apps that track social media usage and phone usage to help you gain control over your phone addiction.
1. Social Fever
Rating: 5 Stars
Social Fever is an incredibly well-designed Android app for all the social media enthusiasts, who wish to monitor and control their social media addiction. It is a powerful application, developed by Systweak Software to help strike a balance between digital and real world by keeping watch at the time spent.
Features of Social Fever:
- Social Fever has an intuitive and user-friendly interface.
- You can limit any app usage by setting timers to utilize your device smartly.
- It allows you to track down your smartphone usage for better understating of what is ‘wise usage’.
- It helps you to understand your minimum and maximum usage along with effortless and straightforward weekly reports.
2. SPACE – Break phone addiction
Rating: 4.2 Stars
With over 800,000 users across the world, Space is certainly one of the best Android apps to deal with your phone addiction. SPACE is simple yet beautifully designed app that offers numerous features and personalized tools to manage and limit social media utilization.
Features of SPACE:
- The app disconnects you from your device during your off time.
- You can have a customized program based on your phone usage, needs and habits.
- It helps yoe between your virtual life and real life.
- You can observe and monitor your phone usage pattern and maximum utilization according to hours.
3. AppDetox – App Blocker for Digital Detox
Rating: 4.2 Stars
AppDetox is an effective app that not only limits your social media usage but also helps you take a digital detox. It provides you all the control you need to get off your heavy usage and put an end to phubbing. The motive of AppDetox is to connect you more with real social time instead of virtual.
Features of AppDetox:
- It i an eye, in case you decide to break your own rules.
- An exceptional app, it is most suitable for parental control on kids screen time.
- You can block certain apps to spend less time on your device.
- You can lock your apps with an AppDetox app locker.
4. OFFTIME – Distraction Free
Rating: 4.0 Stars
OFFTIME is a classic apps which keeps a track over your social media usage. It allows you to set hourly and daily limits. It unplugs your digital detox and allows you to get some quality time along with peace of your mind. OFFTIME allows you to personalize the app by choosing custom-made modes such as family, friends and work to make sure you’ve access to
Features of OFFTIME:
- You can set custom auto-replies.
- It lets you block your calls, texts ande notification.
- Set notifies and send alerts in case you exceed your limited usage.
- You can easily track your phone usage and get a detailed report to understand time and app consumptions. You can also compare it with your friends to stay motivated.
5. MyAddictometer – Mobile addiction tracker
Rating: 4.2 Stars
MyAddictometer has an attractive and delightful layout. The app empowers you to track and manage your social media engagements throughout the day. It is a productivity tool that keeps a tab on time spent on your smartphone. Indeed, it is one of the best apps to limit social media usage.
Features of MyAddictometer:
- Like other social media usage trackers, it also helps you track your daily, weekly and monthly usage.
- You can compare your mobile usage of all days to understand how much the social media usage varies from day to day.
- It supports timeline that helps you to see progress and time spent from beginning to current day.
- MyAddictometer is an effective way to help students stay away from their smartphone and utilise their time for something better.
6. Quality Time
Ratings: 4.2 Stars
Quality Time is an amazing and easy-to-use Android app that let you keep a tab on your how much time you spend on your device along with real-time reports. It is one of the reliable apps to limit social media use and trusted by millions of users.
Features of Quality Time:
You can zoom in to hourly usage view for the selected date.
The app allows you to automatically view the previous day’s usage summary every morning before you start your day.
To limit your social media usage, you can create different QualityTime Profiles and customize these profiles according to your needs and requirements.
You can block notifications, decline incoming calls with auto-reply text messages to make sure no one disturbs you when you’re studying.
7. Moment – Screen Time Tracker
Ratings: 4.0 Stars
Moment is an incredible app for iOS users and can be used a parental control apps to limit time on social media platform for their teenage at the time of exams. The app lets you set your daily targets to reduce your social media addiction and if you exceed your daily limit the app will notify you with an alert message.
Features of Moment:
Apart from monitoring your screen time, the app lets you monitor your family members screen time as well.
You can track the total usage of your social media account throughout the day, so you can set the limit for next day.
Moment comes with social media time tracker that provide you detailed information that how many times a day you pick your smartphone including the time you’ve spend on each app.
The app allows set a screen-free family dinner time, so none of the family members can touch their smartphone for coming 30-60 minutes, if someone touches their phone during the time, an annoying alert will go off.
8. Forest- Stay Focused
Ratings: 4.4 Stars
The app has been designed to help you to stay focused towards the things which are more important in your life by reducing the daily consumption of your smartphone. The motive of Forest is to help you to use your valuable time for your future and something better than just stalking your friends online.
Features of Forest:
It offers the best way to monitor and track your social media usage in a most simple and pleasant way than ever.
The app is designed to beat your smartphone and social media addiction and overcome distraction.
It keeps you motivated by sharing your forest and allow you to compete with friends.
With every accomplishment, you can unlock achievements and earn extra rewards.
9. AntiSocial: phone addiction
Ratings: 4.2 Stars
AntiSocial is another one of the best apps to limit time on social media that offers options like manage and control your smartphone usage you can easily unplug and minimize distractions when you are engaged in your work.
Features of AntiSocial:
AntiSocial is an ad-free app and offers customer support for users.
It is a simple to use app which comes with an extremely user-friendly interface.
The data and report on your daily consumption are accurate and easy to understand.
AntiSocial leaves least impact on battery life and data.
10. RealizD – Screen Time Tracker
Ratings: 4.1 Stars
Last but not the least, RealizD is an intuitive app that limits social media usage and alerts you every time when you exceed your daily set targets. It is a professionally designed app that comes in the play with the motive of monitoring your smartphone usage always to beat your smartphone addiction.
Features of RealizD:
You can easily share your accomplishments, status and charts directly from the app on social media platforms like Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Just like with other apps, RealizD also allows you to set limit your screen time on daily bases.
For your better understanding, you can view your daily, weekly and monthly usage summary with the app.
You can set daily smartphone and social media limit for your family members and friends at no extra cost.
So, these were the 10 best apps that track social media usage on Android that can help you to cut down your social media use and limit your phone use.