Uploading photos and videos on social media platforms has become a status symbol nowadays. To get the perfect shot we use high tech gadgets and professional cameras which also stores the whole information into the image such as device identity, time, date and location. The information is attached to the images is called EXIF data.
When you are sharing your images with your friends or uploading them on social media then the Exif data is also shared with others. If you’re concerned about your privacy, then you don’t want your friends to know when and where the picture was taken. Fortunately, you can edit Exif data with tools which are called as Exif Editor or Exif Viewer. They will help you to change or remove your device identity, time, date and location of images.
10 Best Exif Data Editor & Remover For Mac And Windows
In this post, we’re going to round up the list of the best tools to view, edit and remove Exif Data on Windows and Mac.
1. Photos Exif Editor (Mac and Windows)
As the name reflects, Photos Exif Editor is a fast and simple way to modify or remove EXIF, IPTC, XMP metadata for thousands of images at once. With this tool, you can easily add images, folder or drag & drop images to edit. Certainty, this image metadata editor is worth a shot.
Features of Photos Exif Editor:
- You can manually enter GPS coordinates for all the images.
- It is useful for writing and reading EXIF, IPTC and XMP metadata.
- You can use all the image formats like JPEG, TIFF and RAW.
- Supports various common image formats including RAW format.
- Available on Windows 10, 8, 7, xp and Mac.
See how to edit or remove Exif data using Photos Exif Editor-
2. AnalogExif (Windows & Mac)
It is a reliable and free metadata editor for the scanned films and DSC-captured digital images. It comes with the capability to modify XMP and EXIF metadata tags from TIFF & JPEG files formats. Whether you want to remove image metadata or want to edit EXIF data on Windows and Mac, it gets the work done with ease.
Features of AnalogExif:
- It offers a customizable set of the supported metadata tags.
- AnalogExif allows you to perform batch operations.
- Get custom XMP schema for film camera properties such as number, exposure film name and many more.
- It gives user-defined XMP schema for additional flexibility.
- Available on Mac OS, Windows 10, 8, 7 and xp
3. EXIFPurge (Windows & Mac)
It is a mind-blowing Exif editor for Windows and Mac that lets you eliminate EXIF metadata from multiple images at once. Apart from saving your time, it is useful for editing batch photos.
Features of EXIFPurge:
- It is an easy to use tool.
- EXIFPurge is a portable program that allows its users to use USB pen drive as well.
- Suitable for batch editing.
- You can change Exif data from a photo as per your requirement like time, date and location.
4. Metadata++ (Windows)
Metadata++ is one of the best EXIF viewers for windows that allow you to copy, edit, extract, modify, and view metadata from almost all the available file formats. It is a freeware image metadata editor that is especially designed to make your life easier. It is useful to get quick & smooth painting panels and thumbnails.
Features of Metadata++:
- The tool supports Support various kind of video formats able to carry metadata such as WebM, DivX, AVI and MP4.
- Metadata++ supports formats such as RAW, PNG, WEBM, JPEG and TIFF.
- You can enjoy the tool on Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7 on 32 bits as well as 64 bits.
- Easily create sidecars containing your own metadata.
5. EXIF Date Changer Lite (Windows)
EXIF Date Changer Lite is considered as one of the best photo metadata editors that can quickly and smoothly adjust time/date on the images and scanned photos.
Features of EXIF Date Changer Lite:
- This photo metadata editor is available in multiple languages such as Polish, German, English, Russian and French.
- You can create your own watermark for JPG photos.
- You can add text on your photo, change a file name, make time adjustments and many other custom changes.
- Easily edit the incorrect EXIF data from the images.
6. ExifTool GUI (Windows)
It is an incredible EXIF editor windows that support various kind of metadata formats such as XMP, ICC, EXIF, JFIF, IPTC, GPS, GeoTIFF, ID3, AFCP, Photoshop IRB. Indeed, it is one of the best photo metadata viewer tools for Windows user to manage EXIF data.
Features of ExifTool GUI:
- The tool claims to show more metadata tags as compared to other tools.
- It is secure to use and regularly updated to bring comfort for its users.
- ExifTool GUI supports various metadata formats like IPTC, EXIF, GeoTIFF, GPS, JFIF, XMP and many more.
- Easily edit all type of metadata tags.
7. Image Exif Editor (Mac)
Image Exif Editor is perhaps one of the most useful Exif editors for Mac. The tool is designed to give you’re the easiest and simplest way to edit and view Exif image’s metadata. Image Exif Editor comes with easy to use Interface. It supports almost all the image formats.
Features of Image Exif Editor:
- It allows you to undo Redo supported for batch editing.
- Image Exif Editor support batch image editing and save time for something better.
- You can get pre-set value to get detail info about the image.
- The tool support improved GPS geolocation, which allows you to search for a place & change the destination just by dragging the pin.
8. Exif Editor
If you are looking for a tool that can allow you to edit your images directly in your photos, then you can consider Exif Editor. It is one of the best ways to view and edit your Exif data with minimal efforts and in real time.
Features of Exif Editor:
- Useful for editing and viewing camera settings.
- You can easily add information about scanned analog images.
- Suitable for removing the camera, software info and author.
- With Exif Editor, you can modify the information such as location and date.
9. Metadata Editor
As the name reflects, Metadata Editor is an amazing tool to create, view and edit custom & advanced metadata on your Mac. With this image metadata editor, you can view your metadata and customize XTools pro metadata templates. Certainly, it is an effective way to remove metadata from photo effortlessly.
Features of Metadata Editor:
- Effective for batch metaset editing.
- You can get your hands-on automatic data & metadata revision history.
- The tool supports the North American Profile metadata standard.
- Easily create customizable templates.
10. EXIF Pilot (Windows)
If you’re looking for a photo metadata editor that comes with the ability to view, create and edit XMP, IPTC and EXIF data, then EXIF Pilot is the perfect option for you.
Features of EXIF Pilot:
- With this EXIF viewer of Windows, you can view descriptions of fields that contain data.
- You can easily export and import EXIF along with the IPTC from/to Text files in CSV format.]
- Edit, Add and eliminate keywords seamlessly.
- Suitable for removing IPTC tags and EXIF data and clean up all metadata with ease.
So, this list certainly isn’t all inclusive as there are many other Exif editors are available in the market. However, we’ve round up the list according to their, features, ratings and are definitely considered as one of the best Exif data Editors on Windows and Mac.