Since the time they first surfaced, keyboards have been an integral part of your average desktop. But sometimes, you really wish to disable the keyboard especially when you do not want kids to interfere with ongoing tasks.
Well, not to worry, in this article, we have discusses ways to disable a Windows keyboard.
- To avoid the distraction created by the kids while watching your favorite series, you can simply unplug the keyboard and let them play with it so that you both can get what you want.
- You can also disable the keyboard by following these steps:
- Click on Start tab, and type device manager in the search box to open device manager.
Note: You can also open device manager by pressing Windows and R key to open run box and type devmgmt.msc
- Once Device Manager is launched, click Keyboards to expand and see connected keyboards.
- Right-click on the keyboard entry, click Uninstall.
- You might be asked to reboot your PC, please click the Yes button to restart your PC and disable the keyboard.
You can use a third party software, KeyFreeze to disable your keyboard. It is a free Windows application that blocks the input without “locking” the screen which in turn is useful if you have notorious kids watching a video or video chatting with their grandparents.
Yet another good application, KeyboardLock, can also block all the inputs but this one is easy to use and lightweight. It enables you to set a password to lock your keyboard or mouse.
Anti Shaya is a handy software which is indeed useful in locking down all the inputs with a password. The application doesn’t need to installed to work. You can also run the application from a USB drive. It doesn’t hog the system resources and works smoothly on the system.
One of the best software to prevent others from fiddling the keys of your keyboard. ToddlerTrap can block all the keyboard and mouse actions. ToddlerTrap is a simple and handy program executable by an AutoHotkey. Now, either you have to clean your keyboard or prevent it from unsupervised usage, all you need to do is use the Hotkeys to enable the software.
7. Toddler Keys
Toddler Keys’ clutter-free interface lets you easily customize its settings to bar your PC’s functions. It not only blocks keyboard and mouse but also locks down CD-ROM trays from opening. It has an interesting feature to keep young ones occupied, add pictures and audio files via a media manager and every time a key is pressed during lock down, a new picture will be displayed and sound will be played.
These are some of the ways to disable a Windows keyboard. Have you ever disabled your Windows keyboard? If you think that we have not mentioned any app that you think should be here, please let us know in the comments.