There are times when you want to convert an image into a PDF file format for some reason or the other. Say, you have clicked a photo of a document and you want to send it across in a PDF format. You have to convert that image first into a PDF.
To do so, you have to rely on a third party software. Using Adobe Reader or any other PDF reader can do the trick, but it can also slow down your system.
Well, not anymore! If you are running Windows 10 and you want to convert an image to PDF or view a PDF format file, Microsoft’s got the best solution for you.
To convert an image to PDF, follow these steps:
- Open the photo that you want to convert in default Windows 10 Photo App.
Note: if you have changed the default photo viewing app, not to worry, right-click on the photos and select Open With – Photos.
- Now that the image is opened and displayed on the Photos App. Navigate to the three-dot menu and click it and select the option to Print.
- It will navigate you to a page with another dialog box, select the printer from the drop-down menu. Select Microsoft Print to PDF ad click Print.
- Once you have selected the option to print, you will get another dialog box, asking you to enter the filename and to select the location of the file.Once, you are done, click Save.
In this way, you can open and save any image file like JPG, PNG, TIFF, etc. to PDF.
To view a PDF file without third-party software:
With Windows 10, you get many useful native applications. One of them is Microsoft Edge with an inbuilt PDF reader. With this feature, having Adobe Reader on your system is history.
If you don’t prefer to use Edge, you can also open the PDF files in Google Chrome, Firefox.
Both the browsers provide you with the feature to open PDF files without much of a hassle. If you want to set them as your default PDF reader, here is what you need to do:
- Right-click on a PDF file and select Properties.
- Select Change.
- Select Google Chrome/ Firefox/ Edge and click Apply.
This process would be same for all the browsers to make them default PDF viewer for your files.
So, you can now convert an image to a PDF or view a PDF without using a third party software.