Social Media is all about sharing and connecting with your near & dear ones! From posting pictures, to stories to going live, it has got a major grip on our lives. Instagram happens be one of the most commonly used social platforms. Recently, Instagram rolled out their live stories feature, which allows us to connect with all our followers at the same time. Various celebrities and eminent personalities happen to use this feature as well to interact one on one with their followers.
But did you know you could add your friend to Instagram Live session? Well, with Instagram’s latest update, you can now add your buddies to live stories. So even if you’re friends are far away they can join you and make stories more fun!
Let’s see how we can use this amazing feature on Instagram.
How To Add A Friend To Your Instagram Live Stories
To add a buddy to your live story, follow these quick steps:
- Log in to your Instagram account.
- Swipe right on the home screen to go LIVE. Select “Live” from the list of available options.
- Once you’re live, you will see a small pink colored “LIVE” icon on the top left corner of the screen.
- Here, you will also view a new double smiley icon near the comments box. Tap on that icon.
- A list will appear on the screen allowing you to choose any friends with whom you wish to go live. Just make sure you pick your friend wisely as you can only add one friend at a time.
- Another important thing which you need to keep in mind is to make sure that your friend is actively viewing your current live story.
- Once your friend’s name is added, they’ll instantly be notified, whether they want to join the live story or not. In case, your friends aren’t in a mood, they can also decline your request.
- But luckily, if they accept your request, your followers will be able to view both of you in a split screen view.
- In a scenario, your buddy starts to embarrass you in front of your followers, simply tap the “X” icon to get rid of them instantly.
Cool, isn’t it?
P.S You can also add a bunch of cool face filters to make your live sessions much more entertaining. Simply tap on the screen to choose from the list of available options. Going live on Instagram just got more entertaining, right?