QUOTE OF THE DAY
“We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology.”
– Carl Sagan
AMAZON UNVEILS A WATERPROOF KINDLE PAPERWHITE
Amazon in a bid to keep renovating the reading experience by introducing all-new Kindle Paperwhite, that can survive an hour-long dip in water.
It will be launched internationally on 7th November 2018.
WHAT ARE ITS FEATURES?
Its ability to survive in a rainstorm isn’t the only thing that the company has brought. Several other additions that have arrived with it are:
- 6 inches flush-front screen.
- 300 ppi glare-free display, so that you can read in even bright sunlight.
- Thinner & lighter than ever before, with 182 grams and 8.18 mm thickness.
- Comes with different storage models: 8 GB & 32 GB.
- IPX8 Waterproofing.
- Redesigned Kindle homepage.
- Updated Kindle Software.
- Extra LED Light to illuminate the screen.
- Single battery charge lasts for weeks.
- Comes with various tools to customize display settings.
- Comes with a leather cover that opens like a book and acts as a charging case.
- Cheaper than last year’s Kindle Oasis.
WHAT ELSE WE CAN EXPECT?
And just in case if these features weren’t enough to entice the reader in you. It gets Audible support as well, which means switch seamlessly between reading and listening via Bluetooth-enabled headphone or speakers. And, worth to mention that if you ever forgot to take out Kindle from your bathtub, don’t worry it can withstand immersion in shallow water for over 60 minutes.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Well, based on Amazon listings the new Water resistant Paperwhite costs $129.99 for 8GB Model, $159.99 for 32 GB variant. And $249.99 for 32 GB with free mobile connectivity version.
You can place pre-orders for the all new Kindle Paperwhite, while it will begin shipping from November 7,18!
APPLE LAUNCHES A PRIVACY WEBSITE
Apple has unveiled a new privacy website that helps users to take control over how their data is kept & used.
WHAT CHANGES HAVE BEEN INCORPORATED?
The privacy portal is wholly dedicated towards privacy and protection of its users. With a direct challenge to the data-gathering models like Facebook & Google. Apple stated how they genuinely care about their user’s data and how they’re practicing minimizing the data collection process.
The company has further declared how they are intending to launch Group FaceTime with end-to-end encryption. And privacy tools that stop social media widgets on web pages following browsers around the web.
The new privacy portal also includes an option to let users explore what information their iPhone, iPad, and Macs are collecting and sending to Apple. The website also highlights various technologies that have been used by the company in recent years to protect user’s privacy.
The website is basically categorized in three main sections: One covers, company’s approach towards privacy, second section is dedicated to users for managing their data and third part, displays transparency report which discloses how Apple deals with government requests.
Users can alter their information or temporarily deactivate their account or restrict access to their data or delete the account entirely at this portal.
IS APPLE REALLY CONCERNED ABOUT CUSTOMER PRIVACY?
Apple says, that “Privacy is a fundamental human right and we think very differently when it comes to our customer’s data. In fact, we are now focusing on designing products and services that minimize collection of personal data. We want to be very transparent about what we collect.”
- Minimizing the collection of personal data
- Transparency and high user’s control
- And, security
In response to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Apple’s new privacy website has been formed. Now they are letting their users from Australia, United States, New Zealand, and Canada to explore and download their personal information.
HOW YOU CAN REQUEST YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
To download your copy of data that Apple collects about you, follow the steps below:
- Go to Apple’s privacy Website and head towards Manage Your Privacy section.
- Hit the “Manage your Apple ID” option in front of your screen.
- You will be scrolled down to Manage your Apple ID section, here find “Take Charge of your data” section and click on “Visit your Data and Privacy page”.
- Enter your Apple ID and Password.
- On the next page called “Data and Privacy” locate “Get a copy of your data” option.
- Click on “Get Started” link, now choose what all you want to download.
- You can also click on “Select All” button if you wish to download everything.
- Click on “Continue” at the foot of the page.
- Next page will ask you to choose the maximum file size limit. Make your selection and proceed by clicking on “Complete request” button.
- A pop-up will appear on your screen saying, “Apple is preparing your data, and it may take up to 7 days for you to get your data”.