QUOTE OF THE DAY
“A brand for a company is like a reputation for a person. You earn reputation by trying to do hard things well.” – Jeff Bezos
AMAZON STOCKS JUMP SIGNALING THE END FOR GOOGLE’S DOMINATION
As Amazon Web Services Cloud Conference starts Amazon sees a positive impact on its market shares.
WHAT LEADS TO LIFT IN AMAZON SHARE PRICE?
Amazon’s (AMZN) annual Amazon Web Service user conference (a cloud computing event) and certain announcements made Amazon stock rise from 5.3% to 1,581.33. Earlier on November 20th Amazon stock was at its seven-month low of 1,420. This rise in Amazon’s stocks is historically.
WHAT IS AWS RE:INVENT AND WHAT TO EXPECT FROM IT?
Amazon’s cloud-computing conference is called re:Invent. It is the largest cloud industry event and this year it is being held in Las Vegas. AWS re:Invent starts from Monday and runs through Friday.
Amazon this year is said to make announcements that will cross nearly every aspect of its cloud services.
Few announcements expected to be made in AWS re:Invent are:
- AWS Graviton processor (first Arm processor made available in cloud.) to provide less expensive computing options.
- Services added to Amazon’s Internet of Things (IoT) portfolio.
- AWS Global Accelerator to boost global workload performance.
- AWS Transit Gateway to simplify network architecture.
- Open source SageMaker Neo.
- New automated cloud storage (S3 Intelligent-Tiering) with capabilities to handle files not accessed for 30 days.
COMPETITORS AND COMPANIES USING AMAZON WEB SERVICE.
Competitors to AWS include Google Cloud, IBM, and Microsoft with its Azure unit.
Apart from this companies that are part of Amazon Web Service are as follows:
- Mobileye acquired by Intel last year is a developer of technology for autonomous vehicles. It has chosen AWS as preferred public cloud provider.
- Ellie Mae (ELLI) mortgage processing giant is also moving its cloud infrastructure to Amazon Web Services.
WHAT AMAZON UNVEILS AT THE START OF AWS RE:INVENT?
Amazon unveils cloud-based robotics testing platform. RoboMaker will help developers to develop, deploy, and test robotics applications. This new service will use Robot Operating System (ROS).
MICROSOFT TOPS APPLE AFTER A LONG HARD FIGHT
On Monday the tech giant Microsoft temporarily ousted Apple as most valuable company.
HOW WAS MICROSOFT ABLE TO MAKE IMPOSSIBLE POSSIBLE?
Market share difference between Microsoft and Apple made this possible. Although it was for a brief time, as Apple regained its spot by stock market’s close. But this definitely made Microsoft the most valuable company. On Monday Microsoft passed Apple with a market value of $812.93 followed by Apple’s market cap of $812.60 billion.
WHAT MADE APPLE’S MARKET CAP FALL?
Slowing demand of Apple’s iPhone and other factors lead to drop in Apple’s market value to nearly 24%. Not only these several suppliers have also cut their forecasts.
WHAT ABOUT MICROSOFT?
As Microsoft continues to follow through CEO Satya Nadella vision it is holding up better than other tech giants. And is still the strongest rival for the dominant Amazon Web Services. Plus, as opposed to Apple that can see 18% slide in its sale, Microsoft is said to take more substantial lead in the days and weeks to come.