QUOTE OF THE DAY– Information technology has been one of the leading drivers of globalization, and it may also become one of its major victims. ~ Evgeny Morozov
APPLE PARTNERS WITH SALESFORCE
Apple collaborated with Salesforce to create impactful mobile apps for businesses with more enhanced features.
WHY IS APPLE COLLABORATING WITH SALESFORCE?
To deliver better business apps for iOS and to be the first choice for corporate customers Apple has teamed up with Salesforce. This partnership will bring exclusive features to iOS next year.
WHAT IS THE DEAL?
As part of the deal Salesforce will redesigning its app and will add exclusive new features while Apple will provide tools and resources to help millions of Salesforce developers to create their own native apps for iOS with a new Salesforce Mobile SDK, a new iOS app development course on Trailhead, Salesforce free web-based learning platform.
WHAT WILL USERS GET FROM THIS PARTNERSHIP?
Apple and Salesforce will deliver a new Salesforce Mobile SDK exclusively for iOS, as well as a new iOS app development course that will be distributed through Trailhead, Salesforce’s free web-based learning platform.
- Redesigned Salesforce mobile app with new features exclusive for iOS users.
- Will take advantage of native iOS features like Siri shortcuts, Face ID, 3D Touch and more.
- First Trailhead Mobile app for iOS along with first Salesforce Mobile SDK will be introduced by Salesforce.
- Will enable businesses and developers to build and deploy new apps for iPhone and iPad based on the Salesforce Lightning platform.
WHAT BOTH COMPANIES HAVE TO SAY?
“We’re excited to work with Salesforce, and that their industry-leading CRM will embrace native iOS and deliver exclusive new features on iPhone and iPad,” said Apple CEO Tim Cook.
“With the powerful combination of iPhone, iPad, and iOS — the best hardware and software for business — together with native Salesforce apps and the new Salesforce SDK, we can deliver great customer experiences for businesses around the world.”
“With this partnership, we’re bringing together the world’s number one CRM platform with iPhone and iPad, the world’s best devices for business,” said Salesforce co-CEO Marc Benioff.
“Together, Salesforce and Apple are defining a new era of mobile innovation with native apps on iOS and empowering millions of people with access to Trailhead and the skills they need for the jobs of the future.”
The new partnership brings together “the number one customer relationship management platform and iOS, the world’s most advanced mobile operating system,” Apple says.
WHAT ABOUT AVAILABILITY OF SALESFORCE MOBILE SDK?
- Starting from today Trial is available at trailhead.com/apple
- New Salesforce Mobile SDK for iOS will be available by end of 2018.
- The rebuilt Salesforce Mobile App will be available in early 2019 followed by Trailhead Mobile App that will be launched later next year.
MICROSOFT LAUNCHES OFFICE 2019
Office 2019 on premises version for PC and Mac is designed for consumers and businesses that haven’t opted for Microsoft Office 365.
WHAT IS OFFICE 2019?
Office 2019 is a subset of features added to Office 365 over past three years, and it includes updates to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, Project, Access and Publisher.
Unlike Microsoft’s Office 365 ProPlus subscription service, office 2019 is a once-off release and will not receive any future updates. It will provide valuable enhancements for customers who cannot connect to cloud or receive regular updates.
OFFICE 2019 UPDATE INCLUDES:
- New enhanced and improved security features.
- New data analysis features, formula and charts and enhancements to PowerPivot added to Excel.
- PowerPoint 2019 includes ability to create cinematic presentations with new feature like Morph, 3-D model support, play in-click sequence, 4K video export and Zoom.
- Focus mode added to Word 2019 and Outlook 2019 to block distractions and to highlight important emails.
- Roaming pencil case and ribbon customization across all office apps.
- New translator and accessibility improvements.
- Click to Run (C2R) modern deployment technology.
Apart from these individual updates in coming weeks, Exchange Server 2019, Skype Business Server 2019, SharePoint Server 2019, and Project Server 2019 will also be released.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO OFFICE 365 PROPLUS?
Microsoft said more features will be added to Office 365 ProPlus monthly, including innovations in collaboration, artificial intelligence (AI), security, and more.
WHAT MICROSOFT HAS TO SAY?
“Office 2019 is a valuable update for customers who aren’t yet ready for the cloud,” Spataro wrote in a blog post. “While the cloud offers real benefits in productivity, security, and total cost of ownership, we recognize that each customer is at a different point in their adoption of cloud services … Each time we release a new on-premises version of Office, customers ask us if this will be our last. We’re pleased to confirm that we’re committed to another on-premises release in the future.”
- Starting from today customers can access commercial volume license (trusted).
- In the next few weeks, office 2019 will be available for all customers, consumer and commercial.
- Windows 10.
- MacOs version 10.12 and higher.