Unbeknownst to you, your system might have already fallen prey to menacing malware threats that can cause irreparable damages to your computer and wipe your data clean off it. You surely want to avoid such incidents, but these scenarios are imminent if you leave your system security unchecked.
Malware threats may arise from numerous means without users’ knowledge. Users’ daily activities on the web pave the way for hackers to drop malware into your system via phishing emails, advertisement links, fake download links, and maybe through infected peripheral devices such as pen drives and external hard drives. Whatever the cause is, it gets worse as in a majority of scenarios, malware infections go undetected until they have done severe damage to your system software and associated applications.
Thus, it’s essential to understand the signs of malware infection on your system, understand their consequences, and look for effective solutions to deal with such concerns. Here we have listed out how to recognize the signs of malware infection on your system and how you can deal with the potential perils such infection poses.
Causes of Malware Infection and Virus in Windows Systems
1. Phishing attacks and Email Spamming are the most common methods used by hackers to steal user information or infect the system by attaching a malware loaded file with the mail. Email spamming involves sending malicious links and attachments to people. If clicked upon, these malicious links and attachments may infect your PC.
2. One of the major sources of malware infection is the web. Several webpages contain links and advertisement redirects containing malicious codes. These links, if clicked upon, download a malware loaded file on your PC, which sometimes goes undetected. Such attacks are termed as drive-by-download attacks.
3. Some applications come with bundled software which are installed without notification. These software may be malicious as they come from unknown and non-trusted sources.
4. Torrents files are uploaded on networks that are not protected and hence are breachable. Various hackers put malicious torrents with fake names to lure users into downloading them. These files carry malware in disguise and can be dangerous to your PC.
5. Hack apps, i.e., free versions of premium applications, are also dangerous. These are created by unknown developers and may be malicious in nature. It is not recommended to use them at all.
Signs of Malware Infection On Your PC
– A slowing computer is the most common sign of malware infection. However, the slow functioning of apps on a PC can be a result of outdated drivers.
– A malware-infected PC tends to annoying display ad pop-ups whenever you go online. These represent the first phase of a planned phishing attack. If you click on any, you may give up your system information and access to personal data to the hackers.
– Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) becomes common in a malware-infected PC. BSOD errors occur if an unwanted program tends to access your system memory. If you regularly face such errors, it means a malware program is trying to access your RAM for system data.
– App and system crash become a usual annoyance in case of a malware infection. Your system applications tend to crash, browsers do not respond to URLs, and applications automatically restart.
– There are instances when you may find your antivirus solution (if you use one) disabled. In case you don’t remember doing it on your own, then you have malware on your PC that can override your antivirus software.
– Shortcuts to unknown files appear on your local drives. These are signs of malware that may have entered through an infected USB drive connected to your PC.
– Malware infection sometimes installs a potentially unwanted program without notification on your PC. Search your system control panel for installed applications and see if you have some unfamiliar app icon appearing there.
– The malware infection produces malicious files that begin to clutter up your hard drive. So if you ever see an unexpected Lack of Storage message on-screen, and you in spite of not having much on the drive, you definitely have some issue with your PC.
– If there are spam emails and messages received by your friends in your name, then it’s a clear sign your system has been infected.
How To Get Rid of Malware and Shred-It Off Your System
The best way to get rid of malware and other detected threats is to use an effective security solution. Security solutions help root out these threats out of your system. They can perform in-depth scans, so that infected files and folders are also rooted out to obliterate it from the system.
Advanced System Protector is a specially dedicated tool to remove malware from Windows systems.
The tool performs a system scan to find any potential malware or spyware on your PC. It consists of a module that runs over a couple of steps and has some additional utilities to keep your system secure. Here’s how your Advanced System Protector home-screen looks like:
Now here you can see a Start Scan Now button, but it’s better to head to the next section and perform Deep Scan.
The Deep Scan would act on every folder in your system. When the scan is over, the results are listed out.
Further, you can delete these threats in the Quarantine section and move out with a fresh system, clean of all sorts of malware.
There are a few more additional tools that Advanced System Protector has got to add security to your system:
– You can schedule scans so that your system remains up to date.
– To avoid further damages, Advanced System Protector offers a free extension for your browser called Stop All Ads. The extension disables ads on webpages and even the annoying ads on YouTube. This would keep off malicious ads on webpages from infecting your PC.
– You can customize the scan to carry out the malware removal process in selected drives.
– Start-up Manager allows users to improve system start-up time by removing unwanted start-up items.
Malware infections carry some common signs which are sometimes easy to detect. But if they are not catered, they may cause severe, irreparable system damages. The right way to get rid of such malware is to use a dedicated software tool. Advanced System Protector is one of the great tools that perform a useful system scan to root out malware threats. It helps you shred all these infections off your system and offers a fresh start. Plus, by blocking malicious content on web browsers, it prevents further infections coming from the web.
Have You Faces Any Such Signs?
Let us know what signs among these have you witnessed on your system and what measures you took to resolve them. Hit the comment box and for more tech updates from us, subscribe to our newsletter.