Music is the best way to express the inner side and show your creativity to the world. And many budding artists are following this path to express their eternal love for music. Some of them rely on learning various musical instruments and making new beats, whereas some follow the electronic version where every kind of beat aligns with good beat making software.
Though learning instruments from the core is a great way, it might not be possible for every artist to afford a new instrument. This is why new beat making software are rolling in the market and in every music industry, be it Hollywood or Bollywood, it is becoming popular . If you are also a budding music producer and wish to play your hands on making new beats, we are giving you some of the best free beat making software for the year.
Top 10 Best Beat Making Software In 2020
1. FL Studio
Available: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS
Price: Free trial; Starts from $99
Finest in its genre and preferred by most of the producers of the beats, FL Studio is combined with all the features of the professional standards. As said by famous DJ Martin Garrix, this program has delivered him the fastest results while making new track records.
- Enjoy mixing of beats with complex effects like audio sends, sidechain control, advanced automation, plugin delay compensation, etc.
- What makes it an awesome beat making software is the containment of Piano roll which is used to send note and automation data to plugin instruments.
- It includes more than 80 plugins and instruments to cover automation, equalization, flanging, distortion, bit-crushing, etc.
- Live DJ control, recording live control movements, rendering 4k videos and resizing of the interface are some of the unavoidable features with FL Studio.
2. MAGIX Music Maker
Price: Free trial; Starts from $85
Easy to use and loaded with multiple features, MAGIX is one of the best free beat making software. However, its free version includes 425 sounds, additional sound pools, 8 instruments, 3 effects, 8 tracks, and multicore support only; one can find uncountable features in upgraded forms.
- Whether you want to play genre like classical, house, trap, reggae or psychedelic, this software is simply perfect and best beat making software.
- Record captivating melodies of your tracks through strings, bass, guitar, synthesizers, etc.
- Render your songs with finishing effects once they are recorded.
Available: Windows, Mac
It’s time for one another but best free beat making software that makes you a professional music developer as soon as you roll your fingers over it. MuseScore is easy to use, powerful and compiles music for guitar, orchestra, jazz, piano, choir, and much more.
- Perfectly suitable for beginners due to ease and compatibility.
- Download your recorded songs in any format and share it with your friends later.
- Talk about composition, editing, mixing, or a new sheet of creativity, MuseScore is one of the most popular beat making software for Mac and Windows.
Devoted to Apple users, Garageband is a complete sound library with several instruments like guitar, drummers, voice, and percussionists. Moreover, modern design, intuitive interface, and easy learning features are the best features of this amazing beat making software.
- You can get creative with 100+ EDM and hip hop synth sounds. Now you can choose to morph or tweak the sounds the way you like.
- Heaps of recording and editing features are present here that can be edited with a few clicks.
- One can easily share their new song with their friends or family via social networking websites. These tracks can also be exported to iTunes library along with the list of other music.
Available: Windows, Mac, Linux
Music can be produced straight away with LMMS while you create melodies, beats, and enjoy mixing sounds. Playback instruments and plugins can be all done right with typing or MIDI keyboard in the user-friendly interface.
- Share your music through social media platforms or Soundcloud.
- It is an open-source and community-driven project to fine tunes, notes, chords, through piano roll editor.
- Mixing effects can be added using the in-built compressor, limiter, delay, reverb, etc. using this best free beat making software.
Also Read: Best Video Capture Software
A powerful drum sequencer, DrumFlow is indeed the best beat making software. It has an in-built Drum setup editor, which lets you create custom percussion parts.
- This beat making software can recieve MIDI sync messages from the sequencer and play step by step with it.
- One can find 10 adjustable drum setup parameters, 6 MIDI settings and export drum setup to MIDI file.
- Save the output music in a variety of formats to accomplish the whole task.
Available: Windows, Mac, Linux
Download this music beat making software for yourself and start making beats absolutely free. If you wish to count the best of it, then you need to know that n number of files can be created using it and they all can be saved in multiple formats like MP3, WMV, etc.
- It possesses pattern-based sequencer having an unlimited number of patterns and ability to chain them in one song.
- Time-stretch, time-line tempo, multi-layer support for instruments and unlimited instrument tracks are some of the best collectable features of best free beat making software.
Available: Windows, Mac
A beat making software that allows you to be free and very creative at the same time is OrDrumbox. It is ideal for experimentation as well as fast results, so music producers are totally into the software.
- Features like auto-composition, polyrhythms, automatic sound matching, low-fi rendering, etc. are available for your experiments.
- It already comes with rhythm and sound database, including other music items that are fully editable.
- Import and export of MIDI are also available.
It is a perfect setup for all the people who wish to try out beat and music-making in their style. Yes, Musinklite takes special note of basic rules of music notation, including corrects stem direction and rhythmic values.
- MusinkLite is absolutely simple to use and has an intuitively navigable interface.
- A free version can easily export drum loops as well as capable of exporting as MIDI and for web.
- Once done, a new song can be downloaded in multiple file formats using this amazing beat making software.
10. Hammerhead Rythm Station
If you wish to count the best part, say thanks to this beat making software for providing you with old versions of Windows. Moreover, it is a very light software that doesn’t take up much of the space within your PC as well.
- A solid drum machine program that is easy to set up and combine all the features to produce nice output.
While making a new song or producing new beats, the system must run smooth and glitch-free. It is so that you can easily browse new things on the browser, keep space by removing unnecessaryfiles and keeping privacy intact by the end. We understand your concern, and this is why recommending you to keep Advanced System Optimizer in your PC. You can try it once, and you will already be aware of the fact why your PC needs Advanced System Optimizer!
We believe that all the new buds of music producers would like to hit on one of the best beat making software. If you wish to know our choices, FL Studio and GarageBand are a few of my choices. You can even try your hand on:
- Best music notation software
- Best audio recording software
- Best audio editing software
- Best sound equalizers