Data loss is indeed a terrible state where your important documents, software, videos or other files may get deleted. There can be various reasons due to which you can lose data, including virus intrusion, improper operation or formatting, files deleted by accident. That’s why it is important to create a backup of your data. If you don’t have backup of your content, you might want to use one of the best data recovery software for Windows 10. Before going on the quest to find the best data recovery tool, which can fulfil your needs, let’s look at some of the essentials a best data recovery software for windows 10 must contain:.
- A good data recovery software for Windows shall be able to recover all types of data like deleted videos, audio, document, photos, etc.
- It should support multiple formats as well as external drives like SSD, USB, memory cards, etc.
- Various scanning modes should be supported for ease of the user.
- It must save your time and effort while recovering back all the deleted data on Windows 10.
Without further ado, let’s checkout which is the best paid or free data recovery software so that you feel your smart device like a really smart one.
Best Data Recovery Software For Windows 2020
1. Advanced Disk Recovery
USP: User-Friendly and Free Trial Available
Advanced Disk Recovery by Systweak is a smart tool to get back all your unlimited lost data. It is capable of recovering files and folders with a few clicks and offers you to choose the areas for data recovery. For example, one can select Hard Drive, CD/DVD, Removable or Partitions as per own choice.
- Scanning modes like ‘Quick Scan’ and ‘Deep Scan’ let your PC scan superficially as well as in-depth.
- Multiple recoverable devices are supported like SSD, USB, External disk, etc. making it the best data recovery software.
- Advanced filters based on date, time, size, etc. are present for accurate results.
USP: Free trial version available
Absolutely secure to use on Windows 10, Stellar is capable of recovering data from SSD, HDD, external drive, etc. moreover, deleted partitions can also be scanned to find lost data.
- Bitlocker Encrypted drive can be scanned to find lost data.
- Before recovering any file, a preview section is shown for appropriate selection.
- Get photos, videos. Music, messages, call history back on your Windows PC.
Also Read: 15 Best Data Recovery Software for Mac
3. EaseUS Data Recovery
USP: Recover 2GB of data for free
Let’s say, you are able to recover all your lost data completely and quickly with EaseUS. Claiming to have a high success rate, it can take care of data loss by deletion, formatting, RAW, etc. interestingly, it has a navigated interface that suits every new user as well. Its ease of use makes it a great data recovery software for PC.
- Smart filtering option to locate your lost file. In fact, you can stop the scanning as the file is located and recover it.
- Before recovery, you can preview it and then select the recovery option.
- Advanced plans are capable of repairing and improving photos and videos.
USP: Supports 37 languages on Windows
There is a reason why we would like to place Recuva as an amazing free data recovery software. Well, it is because its free version can get you all the files back on your Windows 10 PC, be it videos, audios, documents, emails, pictures, or anything lost.
- Secure Overwrite feature uses military standard technique to make sure that those files remain erased which you do not want back.
- Deeply scans the files that are buried in the deep and finds out its traces effectively.
- Its portable version is also available for easy carrying, making it an efficient data recovery software for Windows 10.
Also Read: 10 Best Free SD Card Recovery Software
5. Disk Drill
USP: Free data recovery up to 500MB
Disk Drill is another top recovery software for Windows which contains a user-friendly interface and gives you a safe recovery by the end. It supports various file formats like document, video, audio, photo, message, email, etc.
- Supported storage spaces include Recycle bin, hard drives, memory card, flash drive, camera, etc.
- It can save previous scanning results so that you can resume from the same place next time.
- Multiple scan options like Quick Scan or Deep Scan support Disk Drill, making it the best free data recovery software.
6. Wise Data Recovery
USP: Unlimited validity period for a free version
This free data recovery software can search for multiple file-formats like graphics, documents, videos, audios, email, and other archives. It can also recover data from a variety of devices like HDD, SSD, External device, USB flash drive, memory card, digital cameras, and much more.
- It claims to have the fastest scanning speed and saves a lot of time.
- This data recovery software doesn’t let data to be overwritten with the portable version.
- Compatible with all Windows versions.
7. MiniTool Power Data Recovery
USP: Free data recovery up to 1 GB
Do not worry about the system crash or file that got deleted accidentally any more as your files can be recovered easily. Choose any device like HDD, SSD, USB, Flash drive or even hard drive and Minitool can efficiently work towards the recovery solutions.
- Simple to use; just select the drive, preview files and recover them.
- Supports a number of file formats like JPG, TIFF, PNG, BMP, GIF, TXT, etc.
- The original data remains undamaged and you are able to recover your files in 100% safe mode. No wonder why it is called as the best data recovery software.
8. Puran File Recovery
USP: Simple and navigable interface
Puran is an absolutely amazing data recovery software considering its extremely powerful engine. Moreover, it is known for speed, accuracy, and simplicity at the same time.
- Quick scan and Deep scan are available for intelligent file recovery.
- More than 50 formats are present to get recovered along with further expansion capacity.
- Search box supporting wildcards can let you detect your own file and get it recovered.
9. SoftPerfect File Recovery
USP: Basic interface and easy to use.
Another ideal and free data recovery software, this one is lightweight for your Windows 10 computer. Interestingly, it is portable and doesn’t need to be installed on your PC. it even recovers files from NTFS and FAT drives.
- It is capable of restoring multiple files at a time.
- Supports compressed and encrypted volumes.
- Hard disk, floppy disk, USB flash drive, storage media can be recovered.
10. FreeUndelete v2.1
USP: Restore multiple folders at once
As the name says. Undelete or recover your files back to your Windows 10 computer with this powerful data recovery software.
- Results can be sorted by file name, extension, folder, size, date, recover status, etc.
- Lightweight for your PC and saves enough space for other software.
Also Read: 4 Amazing Tips For Easy Data Recovery
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is the best data recovery tool?
Best data recovery tool is the one that can find your deleted data and recover back into PC very smoothly. It must also be user-compatible and easy to understand.
Q2. Which is the best data recovery software free?
Although all the data recovery software provides a freemium version and allows some data to be recovered for free, best free software to recover data include Advanced Disk Recovery(24 hours free), Puran data recovery and FreeUndeletev2.1
Q3. What data recovery software do professionals use?
Professionals use software like Advanced Disk Recovery, EaseUS or Recuva to get their lost data back into the PC.