You certainly do not need to have bulky scanners and printers to scan important work documents. Since most of the smartphones come with a good camera nowadays, you can take the help of Best Paid & Free Scanner Apps designed for both Android & iPhone. These applications are certainly best to scan documents in high-quality with a faster rate as compared to desktop scanners.
Most of the Best Mobile Scanning apps these days come with a powerful set of features for further editing, OCR (Optical Character Recognition) support, and so on.
So, without further ado, let’s take a look at these apps to scan documents with phones (Android & iOS)!
Must-Have Apps For Scanning Documents Using Android & iPhone (2021)
Here’s a concrete list of the best document scanners available for both operating systems. Check out their features and download links below:
|Adobe Scan||CamScanner||Microsoft Office Lens||SwiftScan|
|Genius Scan||Scanner Pro||Clear Scan||Document Scanner|
1. Adobe Scan
On number one we have Adobe Scan, which allows users to scan any type of notes, forms, documents, receipts, images & more. It is available for both Android and iPhone users. It allows them to quickly convert the scanned files into PDF. You can easily reorder the page as required and color-correct them for better quality and output.
Features: Adobe Scan
- Built-in OCR
- Manage PDF files.
- Share scanned files via email.
- Upload scanned files on Cloud.
- Allows colour-correction & cleanup of creases or stains.
Compatible with Android, iPhone, and Windows phones, CamScanner is a well-known and loved document and photo scanner. It is easy to use and helps users scan any documents and convert them to PDF directly. It offers essential editing tools as well like Crop, Enhance brightness & color-correction.
- Password protection.
- Options to scan docs in color, grayscale, or black & white.
- Supports cloud storage (premium version).
- Editable OCR.
- Auto-syncing with Google Drive, Box & Dropbox accounts.
You Might Want To Read This: Best Alternatives To CamScanner For Android & iPhone
3. Microsoft Office Lens
Office Lens by Microsoft is another great application for scanning documents on both Android and iPhone devices. The application is multilingual and works well in English, German, Spanish, and Chinese. The Document scanner is used mostly by school students. But it is well-equipped for office purposes as well.
Features: Microsoft Office Lens
- Easy to install & use.
- Supports documents & whiteboard image scanning.
- Convert scanned files to PDF, Word, PowerPoint.
- Save files directly to OneDrive, OneNote, or Local Storage.
- Ad-free document scanner app.
Next on our list of Best Mobile Scanning apps for Android is SwiftScan. It is a relatively competent tool and works similar to CamScanner. You can easily scan any type of documents and send them wherever you want through email, fax, or store on Cloud. It supports the QR Code Scanning tool.
- Create free & high-quality PDF or JPEG scans.
- Supports Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, Evernote & more.
- Intuitive dashboard.
- Apply filters to enhance quality.
- Lightning-fast detection scanning.
- One-tap email & print workflows.
5. Genius Scan
Genius Scan designed and developed by Grizzly Labs had to be included in our list of Top Free Scanner Apps for Android & iPhone. It makes snapping images and generating PDFs of receipts, notes, sketches, and any other document an effortless process. Just a single tap and it’s done! It automatically enhances the brightness and quality of the final scan.
Features: Genius Scan
- Automatically fixes image perspective.
- Ability to import PDFs.
- Supports cropping & archiving.
- Basic editing tools.
- Support for cloud storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive & more.
You Might Want To Read This: Check Out These Ways To Scan Documents On iPhone
6. Scanner Pro
Designed and developed for iPhone uses, Scanner Pro is an excellent document scanner app, which uses the built-in iOS camera to capture the image and scan all the documents in a professional and high-quality manner. The doc scanner supports OCR & advanced image processing features to recognize text from the photo and produce clearer results.
Features: Scanner Pro
- Supports text vision (OCR) capability.
- Multilingual Document Scanning app. (Supports English, Swedish, Italian & more).
- Supports full-text search.
- Password-protect your PDFs.
- Keep your documents handy with iCloud sync.
- Auto uploads your scans to Dropbox, Google Drive, Box & other cloud storage services.
7. Clear Scan
Here comes a great lightweight option for mobile scanning, Clear Scan. It offers tons of options for speedy processing, cloud storage support, conversion for both PDF & JPEG. Using this best scanner app for Android, you can enjoy features for better organization, editing, and more. To know more about its benefits, you can check out the doc scanner at Google Play Store.
Features: Clear Scan
- Automatically detects the corner of the doc for better quality.
- Share scanned docs, images, bills, notes easily.
- Adjust brightness, remove shadows.
- Tools to straighten the image for good quality.
- Manage PDF files easily.
- Capability to extract texts from images using OCR.
8. Document Scanner
Last but not the least, Document scanner is the best application available for Android users. The portable doc scanning option is straightforward to use and scans clear, crisp, and sharp images without much hassle. It includes tons of quality enhancement features to produce the finest output without any hassles.
Features: Document Scanner
- Tools for PDF optimization.
- Smart image cropper.
- Ability to create QR codes.
- Supports multiple cloud storage solutions.
- Share PDFs & JPEGs easily.
- Lets you arrange docs in folders & subfolders
Which Will Be Your Go-To App To Scan Documents?
After researching the plethora of applications on Google Play Store & App Store, we’ve concluded the list of document scanners. If you ask us, our personal favorites are Adobe Scan & CamScanner. Both the utilities are available for Android and iOS and have an amazing set of features to ease your task and produce high-quality output. If you do recommend the same, do not forget to Upvote this article! You can also share your suggestions and feedback in the comments section below!