Losing your valuable data can be your worst nightmare coming true. There can be various situations wherein you lose your data, it could be due to system failure, corrupted hardware, and files you deleted accidentally. If you have created a backup for your files, then you needn’t worry, but what if you have no backup? Tried all other measures but in vain? Then, you need to get a file recovery software for Windows.
It will help you retrieve your files. The data recovery tools search for traces of deleted files on your computer and bring back your invaluable data.
Note: If you have lost your data, it is advised not to perform the copy, move and cut operations on the drive, as the deleted data could be overwritten and therefore becomes hard to recover.
Is there any Free Software to Recover Deleted Files?
Yes, there is a tool which can you recover deleted files for free for first 24 hours, i.e. Advanced Disk Recovery. Advanced Disk Recovery can help you recover permanently deleted files on your computer in no time, provided the files are not being overwritten.
12 Best Free File Recovery Software for Windows To Recover Deleted Data
There are a lot of recovery software for PC available in the market. We will discuss the best data recovery software for Windows 10, 8, 7.
1. Advanced Disk Recovery (Free Tool)
Want to get back your permanently deleted files from your hard drive or removable drive, then your search is over. Advanced Disk Recovery is one of the free file recovery software which can swiftly get back your lost files. To know more about this recovery software, let’s check out the features:
- With a simple interface, it makes easy for the distressful user to get its data back.
- Be it small txt file or a video, photo or any other document, the tool can recover it all.
- Comes with two types of scans: Quick and Deep Scan, for you to choose as per your needs.
This free professional data recovery software for Windows 10 allows you to suspend a search (Deep Scan) for some time and save it. You can resume the session whenever you want. This premium tool is completely free for the first 24 hours.
2. Stellar Data Recovery Professional
One of the best file recovery software, Stellar Data Recovery Professional enables you to recover your data from laptops, computers, external hard drives and more effortlessly. To know more about this recovery tool, let us discuss the features in detail:
- The tool recovers any and all types of files by using the file signature.
- After the scan, it shows all the deleted files in a tree view so that you can preview the files that you want to recover.
- This recovery software can retrieve data from corrupt, scratched or partially burnt optical media along with the original name and folder structure of recovered data.
This amazing tool allows you to create an image of an entire disk, logical partitions in the hard disk or other removable drives, which helps a speedy recovery.
3. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Professional
Lost files after an update or upgrade, or accidentally deleted files, don’t worry, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Professional can help you with that. This recovery tool for Windows 10 quickly brings back your deleted data. Let’s check out the features:
- Allows you to recover all types of files, be it office documents, videos, photos, emails, text files and more.
- Retrieves deleted files even from formatted, corrupted, crashed or even infected hard drive.
- Recovers deleted files even from emptied the Recycle Bin.
The file recovery software can restore your data from raw or inaccessible/raw partition or disk. The tool will get your deleted files in just three simple steps.
Lost files or deleted them accidentally? Not to worry, Recuva will help you get your files back in no time. Be it your PC, digital camera, recycle bin or an MP3 player, you can restore your files, provided they have not been overwritten. Let’s take a look at the features of Recuva:
- Recovers pictures, documents, music, videos and other file types from your hard disk or removable disk.
- Recovers files from damaged or recently formatted drives.
- With advanced deep mode, it searches your drives for traces of the deleted files.
Recuva is a tool which keeps your files gone for good. With secure overwrite feature which uses industry and military standard technique to delete, it can be done.
5. Wise Data Recovery
Wise Data Recovery is the best professional file recovery software which undeletes photos, documents, emails, videos, and more from your hard drive, and removable drivers. It supports to retrieve data from FAT, exFAT, and NTFS disk. Let’s know more about it
- Allows you to choose the file types that you want to recover before starting the scanning process.
- Along with the scan for lost files, it also tells you the possibilities to undelete the lost files.
- The file recovery software comes in a portable version, which means, you don’t have to install it to get back your deleted files.
This tool is light on resources and is available all versions of Windows from XP to Windows 10.
6. MiniTool Power Data Recovery
A great way to get permanently deleted is by using file recovery software. What is a better tool than MiniTool Power Data Recovery! It can recover files from HDD, SSD along with external hard drives. Let’s know more about it:
- Recovers files types of all kinds including word doc, images, PDFs, notes, emails, XML and more.
- Restores permanently deleted files from formatted or corrupted hard drives.
- Get back files lost even after OS crash or virus invasion.
This file recovery software can also retrieve data corrupted or lost in logical errors and physical damage of a hard drive. Recovers files in just three simple steps.
Yet another deleted files recovery software, Freeundelete successfully can restore files from your Windows system including the recycle bin. Also, the files recovered are saved in a different location to make sure the deleted files are not overwritten. Let’s know more about FreeUndelete
- Restores files from NTFS,including file systems FAT32, FAT16 or FAT12.
- Supports Windows XP, Windows 7, 2000, NT4, Windows 2003 server, Windows 2008 Server.
- The tool is easy to use and has a simple interface.
Freeundelete is available for free if you want this tool for personal use. You can download and install it in a removable drive and run to get back your files.
8. Disk Drill
Disk Drill is one of the professional data recovery software which allows you to undelete your files even from emptied Recycle Bin. All you need is to remember not to perform any operations on the drive from where you have deleted files. Let’s take a look at the features of Disk Drill:
- Be it recovering deleted documents such as word, pptx, or excel, photos, gifs, audios or videos and more, the tool can handle it.
- Supports file systems including FAT, NTFS, HFS+ and ExFAT file systems.
- Comes with powerful Quick scan and Deep scan, lost partition search, catalog rebuild along with other file recovery algorithm.
With Recovery Vault data protection and restoration mechanism, the tool ensures that you never lose data again. It keeps records of deleted files and marks & saves invisible copies of the files in case you want to recover data.
9. ADRC Recovery Tool
ADRC Recovery tool is a file recovery software which supports a huge variety of file systems and drives. The tool comes with a simple intuitive interface, making it easy to use. Let’s know more about ADRC Recovery Tool:
- Comes with recovery functions with minimum complexities so that people can recover data with ease.
- Allows you to undelete files, restore a backup image, disk image backup, copy files from hard disk with bad sectors, backup, disk cloning and restore your boot parameters.
- Create and write disk image files to and from hard drives and removable drives
This data recovery software for Windows 10 restores files from disk even with physical damage.
10. PC Inspector File Recovery
PC Inspector File Recovery is a data recovery software for PC which supports file systems including FAT12, FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS. It can recover photos, videos, audios, and documents. Let’s take a look at the features of this software:
- Retrieves files with original time and stamp.
- Locates partitions automatically, even when the boot sector of FAT is damaged or deleted.
- Recovers files, even if a header entry is not available.
This file recovery software is free to download and install, that means you get your files back without any cost.
11. SoftPerfect File Recovery
Another best recovery software for PC, SoftPerfect File Recovery is a free and simple tool which can help you get back your lost files in no time. It is a portable software, therefore, no installation needed. Let’s know about this tool:
- Simple, free to use tool
- Supports compressed and encrypted volumes, file systems such as FAT32, FAT16,FAT12, NTFS, and NTFS5.
- Works on all versions of Windows, be it Windows XP or Windows 10.
The data recovery tool is capable of retrieving your data from hard drives, flash drives, SD cards, floppy disk, and other storage device.
12. Glary Undelete
Glary Undelete is a recovery software for Windows 10 which is capable of undelete files from hard disks, memory card, SD card, flash drive and more. To know more about Glary Undelete, let’s check out its features:
- Supports various file systems including EFS, FAT, NTFS, FAT, irrespective of it being fragmented or encrypted.
- Allows you to filter results according to name, size, creation date and more.
- The tool is free, powerful and simple to use solution
Gary Undelete shows possibilities of recovering data while scanning the disk.
Well, each of the mentioned file recovery tools is one of its kind. But when it comes to choosing the best for you, you must go for Advanced Disk Recovery tool to recover your deleted files back. It quickly undeletes files from laptops, computers, external hard drives, and removable devices, irrespective of the file type.
So, this is the list of best file recovery software for Windows, choose any of the tools to recover files from computers, hard disk, or removable storage device.
Which software would you like to choose to undelete files? Please share your thoughts in the comments section below.