‘Wow! This picture is so wonderful that I want to use it in my blog (Of course with credits) and I am sure people would love to visit here again and again.” ~ Every blogger ever!
And when such thoughts run your mind, so you can bring a snap into your blog with the best free snipping tools for Windows 10. Though Windows 7 and above comes with a default snipping tool, it lags in various other editing features that one needs post capturing.
Apart from blogs, screenshots are required for a myriad of tasks including, PowerPoint presentations, lectures, designing web pages and other countless things.
Therefore, it’s certainly a good time to explore some free snipping tools and discover their individual attributes. Below are some of the most amazing snipping tools for Windows.
Best Free Snipping Tools For Windows 10, 8 & 7
Probably one of the best snipping tools for Windows 10, TweakShot is smart enough to provide so many options within it like capturing a single window, a region or a full screen. Not just that, it also allows you to take scrolling screenshot of the whole page hassle-free alongside video capture.
- Along with snipping regions differently, you can edit the cropped image through in-built options.
- Acts as a powerful color picker tool to select even the tiniest detail of any color on the screen.
- Various settings like auto-saving the capture, collapsing the window, etc. are present within it.
Explore TweakShot and its features in detail and let us know your views in the comment section below!
2. Ashampoo Snap 10
Another effective snipping tool, Ashampoo Snap 10, comes with flexibility and precision for all your snaps. This easy, fast and to-the-point snipping tool for Windows allows image editing where you can add arrows, graphics, numbers and more to turn the image very presentable and user-friendly.
- Live editing of videos is very much possible where various graphics can be inserted in between.
- The snapped image automatically adopts the display settings for favorable results.
- Final snaps can be saved into cloud space and mailed to your friends with the required optimization.
Looking for Windows snipping tool for download? Well, consider Pickpick features at a glance! From performing tasks like taking specific screenshots or capture a whole screen, it can also grab screen while scrolling down. Once done, you can definitely add effects including shadows, frames, watermarks, motion, blur, brightness and much more as required. After this, you also have loads of features like a magnifier, pixel ruler, protractor, crosshair, etc. with this snipping tool for Windows.
- Highlight your images with arrows, shapes and other annotating tools.
- Share these screenshots using email and cloud services like Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.
- Various customizable settings await like modifying a hotkey or renaming a file.
Simply, get welcomed by a colorful logo of this Windows screen capture tool! This open source software doesn’t alone take screenshots but also works nicely with videos, edit these files, add effects to them and much more. And all this happens for free! Ain’t that cool?
- Loaded with multiple capturing methods like text capture, custom region, auto capture, etc.
- Opens files in image editor where you can perform multiple actions for enrichment.
- Also acts as color picker, directory indexer, DNS changer, image combiner and much more.
Lightshot is another favorite within many users so as to capture windows screen. It gets installed in your PC simply and has a quite easy interface, to begin with. As you press Print Screen on the keyboard, Lightshot begins its work swiftly. Additionally, you can set up a hotkey by yourself to print screen for personal convenience.
- Edit all the captures using a dedicated editing tool that opens up within the same screen.
- Customize output file format with this free tool in PC.
- Snip a region or whole screen and track them all after signing up.
Grab this snipping tool for Windows for free and it will take care of all your snipping and editing requirements. It impresses all its users by letting them choose may be a certain area, active window or just entire screen.
- Parts of the screenshot can be easily highlighted or annotated using Greenshot.
- Export the file in various formats like send to printer, copy to clipboard, attach to email, etc.
Download this snipping tool for Windows today and enjoy a fully-fledged solution for grabbing screenshots on your PC. From window-based screenshot, region-based shots to scrolling screenshots, you can even edit them all swiftly through an in-built editor.
- Refine the capture with annotation tools using DuckCapture.
- Simple and effective interface welcomes all the users for their required capturing.
- Options for saving the file, copying it to the clipboard or simply printing it out are available.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Is there a snipping tool in Windows 10?
A. Yes, there comes a default snipping tool for Windows 10. It can be accessed with Start > search ‘Snipping tool’.
Q2. What is the shortcut for snipping tool?
A. Once you open snipping tool on Windows 10 by Start > search ‘Snipping tool’, you have various shortcuts.
Alt+M: Choose snipping mode.
Alt+N: New snip mode in the same mode.
Shift+Arrow keys: Move cursor to select the rectangular area.
Alt+D: Delay the capture by 1-5 seconds.
Ctrl+C: Copy to clipboard.
Q3. Is Windows snipping tool free?
Yes, it comes handy with Windows installation.
While you have such a curated list of snipping tool alternatives for your PC, we recommend you keep either Tweakshot or ShareX as they both have multiple features within one small tool. Apart from them, Pickpick is another highest rated choice among the users.
To remove all the confusion from minds, just read additional features of each snipping tool and your decision can be made quicker.
Before you click some other tab or close the Window, do not forget to like, share and subscribe to our Facebook and YouTube page to stay updated with the tech-world. We would also like to hear from you regarding your snipping tool alternative experiences and which one did you find best. Write to us in the comment section below or just buzz us by clicking here!