If you’re here, the chances are that you’ve already tried & used GIMP Photo Editor, the popular open-source image editing platform. It’s a feature-rich program that’s user-friendly & offers various tools and functionalities to fine-tune photos & creates artwork from scratch. GIMP has strong capabilities to satisfy most of your photo editing needs, but things can be easier & quicker if you try using the Best GIMP Mac Alternatives.
So, Why You Should Switch From GIMP Photo Editor?
Listed are some common drawbacks that most of the users discovered while using the Photo Editor:
- No way to select multiple layers.
- Changes are implemented quite slowly.
- You can’t add effects to editable text.
- Hard to arrange layers.
- Poor support for vectors.
Listed all the disadvantages can be overcome by choosing GIMP Photo Editor Alternatives other than Photoshop.
Top GIMP Mac Alternatives Worth Trying
To avoid spending time & effort in searching for the Best GIMP Alternatives, here we have listed down some of the top choices you can try to satisfy your Photo Editing Needs.
1. Tweak Photos
One of the Best GIMP Mac Alternatives worth trying is Tweak Photos. The compact photo editing tool occupies very little space on memory as compare to other similar software. Its fast processing speed & photo output quality makes it one of the best editing programs available in the market. Available in more than 50+ languages, Tweak Photos also makes batch photo editing hassle-free.
- Batch photo conversion & renaming
- Resize photos in bulk
- Rotate, flip, crop photos in a few clicks
- Auto-correct image orientations based on EXIF data
- Add a plethora of effects & filters
- Remove unnecessary grains from images
- Enhance & adjust Brightness, Sharpness, Contrast & more
- Add watermark & logos with ease
2. Affinity Photo
Affinity Photo is a power-pack software. Whether it’s quick image correction or delicate retouching or doing complex art with multiple layers, this GIMP Mac Alternative works exceptionally well. The fully-loaded photo editing platform offers advanced features and tools to do RAW editing, batch processing, 360-image editing, PSD/PSB editing and more.
- Capable of editing Photoshop files
- Huge library of brushes, effects available, including tilt-shift, shadows, glows, lighting & many more
- Dodge, clone, burn, blemish & red-eye removal tools
- Adjust exposure, clarity, vibrancy, white-balance, highlights & more
Check out this similar photo editing app like GIMP Mac!
Seashore is one of the closest GIMP Photo Editor Alternative that supports several file formats, including JPEG, PNG, TIFF, & even GIMP’s native format XCF. The photo editor is designed with an aim to keep things simple & easier for users. Just like GIMP, you can set multiple layers, merge them, add effects, gradients & other plug-in filters.
- Offers a decent selection of tools for cloning, smudging, cropping, zooming & drawing
- Super-easy to use & intuitive interface
- Best-known to produce attractive results with ease
- Great GIMP Photo Editor alternative for beginners
Must-try this GIMP Photo Editor Alternative!
Pixelmator is another powerful & full-featured image editing option you can try instead of GIMP Mac tool. It’s designed to give fast results with optimum quality. You can easily edit & apply special effects to specific parts of the images. Pixelmator comes packed with lots of painting, retouching, drawing, professional-grade color collection tools and more.
- Fresh & modern look
- Play with over 160+ breath-taking effects
- Adjust exposure, hue, saturation, shadows & highlights
- Correct wrinkles or repair scratches
- Add, create, combine or edit shapes & other elements
- Make illustrations, buttons, web page elements and more
5. Photos Pos Pro
Photos Pos Pro is a fantastic & free GIMP Mac Alternative worth trying. This photo editor is packed with advanced tools & editing features that make it one of the best replacements for popular editing software, Photoshop. Photos Pos Pro supports a comprehensive set of features including, Layers, Masking, Effects, Filters, Brushes and a lot more.
- User-friendly interface
- Best GIMP Mac alternative for novice users
- Supports several image file-formats including RAW files
- Closely resembles Photoshop
Wrapping Up: Best GIMP Photo Editor Alternatives
There was a time when changing appearances in photographs required several hours of expertise & painstaking work by hand. Techniques in darkroom let 20th-century photo editors dodge, under & over-exposed pictures to remove flaws such as fine lines or rippling pockets of fat.
However, towards the end of the century, several image editing software like GIMP, Photoshop were there to transform the way how image manipulation is conducted. Hope our list of Best GIMP Photo Editor Alternatives helps you to make the photo editing task just hassle-free!
Have you ever used GIMP? If so, how was your experience with the Photo Editing Tool? Share with us in the comment section below!