Why do you need apps to limit social media?
Social media addiction is something really difficult to overcome. The minute you wake up, you check your phone for notifications from Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram and another social media application. This distraction not only wastes time but also excludes you from the real world.
This disappoints our loved ones more.
If you are also one of them, juggling between the work, your addiction to social media could be overwhelming. If you want to break this distraction, looking for a way to do so, you have come to the right place. You have a lot of apps available on the App Store and Play Store to help you break free. Let’s look on to some of the best apps to block social media on iPhone and Android.
What These Apps Do?
Luckily, there are developers who are concerned about users so that they don’t drip into the black hole of social media.
Now, you might be wondering what it is these apps do. These apps help you focus on your work by removing Internet and offline distractions. Whenever you want to concentrate on something important, you can schedule focus time. During this time, all these apps will be blocked. You can also keep a check on apps usage time by setting a reminder for it. Whenever you exceed the set time limit, the app reminds you of it.
Hence controlling your online behavior.
List of Contents
Top 7 Apps That Limit Social Media Time on iPhone and Android
Now you know what these apps do. To simplify your work and break this addiction, here is the list of top social media blocker apps to help your limit social media use:
Offtime is an app that limits social media time on your smartphone which enables you to control smartphone usage by tracking it in real time and scheduling timeouts to help you break through. Let’s scour the features of Offtime:
- It tracks and compares your device usage to help you improve.
- It enables you to set personal device usage goals
- Use the app alone or ask people to join you to OFFTIMEs
- It provides you daily feedback and overview on your smartphone usage.
So now set your personal goals and control your device usage to minimize your reel life interaction. To monitor the smartphone usage, the app uses GPS or location data so that it could track the activity in real time. It shows the reports of usage in daily, weekly, monthly and consolidated form to show your progress.
One of the best apps that block social media is Moment. It helps you to track the usage of your and your family’s iOS devices. Let’s look at the features of Moment:
- It can monitor your phone and your family members screen time to control the addiction.
- You can schedule your screen-free dinner time, this means for the next set time duration, no one can use their phone or else an annoying alarm will go off
- It can track which app is used the most on your smartphone.
- It also keeps a track of how many times you pick a phone to use it.
You can change the daily limit to control the usage. The moment your time is up, it forces you to go off your device. The app runs in the background so once you set it up, you don’t have to open it again.
Also Read: 10 Best Apps That Track And Limit Social Use
Flipd is one of the apps that limit social media time on your iPhone and Android by hiding social media apps to help you focus on your work. Let’s take a look at the features of Flipd to know what it can do:
- It tracks the usage time and the time you didn’t use the app. Check the time which you save to motivate yourself.
- You can schedule reminders whenever you want no distraction.
- Attending classes or working at home, get reminders to Flip off to save yourself from distraction.
- It lets you use a full lock to hide diverting apps
Flipd makes you more productive and helps you to stay focus. Once you have locked selected apps on your iPhone or Android for a duration of time, you can’t go back.
Yet another app that blocks social media on Android and iPhone, Space helps you break the social addiction. This app is quite popular and is downloaded by over 1.5 million people. Let’s take a look at the features of Space:
- You can customize a program according to your phone usage habits and preferences.
- It provides you the opportunity to set and define your goals regarding your phone and unlock that is needed on it.
- It tracks your phone usage behavior and shows you the progress that you have made within 2 months
- It also sends non-intrusive notifications to intrude when you are following unhealthy behavior on your phone and helps you to stay focused.
Space is an app which is available for free as well as paid version. If you want to compare your progress with your family and friends, you can get Space Pro for $2.99. The app uses Location Services to track your phone usage in real time.
Brain.fm can be a great option to consider as an app to block social Media. As it helps your brain to focus, relax or take a nap with the music especially designed for the brain. Let’s take a look at the features of Brain.fm:
- The app has combined auditory neuroscience with music to get the best results to address the need of your brain to focus, nap or meditate.
- The music is produced by an AI developed by Brain.fm
- It is free for the first five-session to test whether the app works for you or not.
- It allows you to download a session so that you can use it offline.
Brain.fm lets you select the mental state which you need to achieve such as focus, meditate, sleep, nap and relax.
6. Focus@Will: Be Productive
One of the best apps to limit social media use, Focus@Will: Be Productive helps you in increasing productivity with optimized music. Let’s take a look at the features of Focus@Will:
- It comes with more than 20 channels, that means several thousands of hours of music.
- The tracks available are being re-edited and re-produced to eliminate all distracting elements.
- Every month new music is added so that you don’t get preoccupied from the ones who have already listened.
- It comes with a new user interface, new graphics & images.
Focus@Will comes with an easy one hand one thumb control of the focused music.
Freedom, just the name of the app suggests it helps you to fight off the social media addiction. Let’s take a look at the features of Freedom:
- It helps you focus and improve productivity by blocking an unlimited number of distracting websites such as YouTube, ESPN and Facebook.
- It also allows you to block the internet with a single click button.
- It allows you to create an exclusion list to keep certain websites from the blocked list.
- It allows you to create an extensive number of modified block lists for all your requirements.
Freedom is a social media blocker app, which also allows you to check session history and annotation so that you can track and note the sessions to check your accomplishments.
Use Apps to Block Social Media, Websites, Apps, and the Internet
With the increasing addiction towards apps, social media and the internet, it is important to keep our activities in check. As smartphone addiction is unhealthy in many ways. One of the most important concerns is it wastes your time and procrastinate your work. You tend to lose your focus while working, hence poor productivity. Moreover, you spent more time in the reel world than real. This brings communication gaps and is not healthy for any relationship that you have.
The 101 to fight off an addiction is to accept that you are an addict and need help. You can start by considering the above options to combat it. So don’t wait, start by using any of these listed apps that limit social media time on your iPhone & Android and get through with it!