As of now Windows 10 is the latest OS update by Microsoft and it is well equipped with everything including new look, features and amazing updates. Once your PC undergoes software updates or reinstallations, it gets many additional features and updates that can hamper your PC’s performance.
During the process of updates and reinstallations, your system may find things not working fine or might not be supported anymore. If you find your PC working slow or you find something messy in your Windows PC, it is time to update system drivers.
Video drivers not working right? This is one of the casualties of system upgrades wherein you need to update video drivers for your PC’s better performance. Simply change your system settings and software parameters in Windows 10. Turn on the sync and here you go!
You need to find an extensible solution for the driver problems in your Windows 10. Solve all the problems with video displays by updating and reinstalling the video card drivers. Make sure that you update graphics card drivers frequently as it calls for updates to small programs that communicate between the OS and your device.
When To Update Video Card Drivers In Windows 10?
Is Windows 10’s latest update not supporting your older graphics card or video device? This is the time when you need to update video drivers, or you can simply change your display settings from the desktop using Advanced Settings option.
Signs To Update Video Card Drivers
- Gaming programs not working properly after updates or reinstallation.
- Slow screen displays, or a portion of the display do not appear or clarity hamper.
- Lines appearing on the monitor.
- All kinds of videos not displaying properly.
If you find any kind of such sign on your system, it is likely to update video drivers in Windows 10.
How To Update Video Drivers?
The question ‘How to update video drivers’ comes in every person’s mind after updating their systems. To update drivers, choose from these multiple options:
- Use Windows update to update the driver version for your system.
- Take help from your video card manufacturer’s website and look for the latest Windows 10 driver to download and install it.
- Use an automated method or download a driver updater to remove outdated drivers and install new ones.
Just a manual update necessarily will not resolve your issue, so make sure you undergo a set procedure to update drivers with one or other approach. Let us go through know-how of adapting the above-listed ways in a practical way.
Using Windows Update
Use Windows 10 inbuilt functionality to update drivers. The benefit of using Windows update is that it assures you of verified updates and retrieval of drivers. To update drivers using Windows, follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings
- Click Update & Security
- Click Windows update
- Under Windows Update tab, click ‘Check for Updates’
After clicking on check for updates, the Windows update will scan your system for drivers and other updates. If anything will be outdated or expired, it will suggest you download the latest version.
The only drawback of using this method is that not all manufacturers offer timely updates through Microsoft Channel. In such a case, you need an automated video card driver updater like Advanced Driver Updater.
Another method to update the driver is to go directly to the ‘Device Manager’ using the Run tab. For this, press Windows+R and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and click Enter.
Device manager will open and now expand the category you want to update. See the image below to have a brief idea of what to do to update graphics drivers Windows 10.
Download Update From Website
Other than updating video drivers using Windows, you have a choice to update drivers directly from the website of the video card manufacturer. This way of driver update requires necessary research depending on the manufacturer, a number of devices, versions supported and much more. Contact the technical support in case you do not find the exact model or version to update your graphic card.
Use Advanced Driver Updater
When you use a tool to update video card drivers, you automatically get an update for the outdated drivers to either uninstall or renew them. For this, you can download Advanced Driver Updater to get updates for all the drivers in your system. If your Windows is not able to update drivers for you, this tool will do wonders using its quick scan process.
What Can Advanced Driver Updater Do?
- Scan for all the drivers present on your computer.
- Update the outdated device drivers.
- Search for missing drivers.
- Get updates from the manufacturer websites for the current version of the device drivers.
- Download the latest update for the Drivers.
- Install the device drivers.
To get Advanced Driver Updater click here.
Advanced Driver Updater is supported by Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista and XP (both 32 bit and 64 bit) versions.
To update video drivers on Windows 10, follow the steps below:
- Download Advanced Driver Updater, install and run it.
- Soon after the installation, you will get to see a Status Bar as shown in the image below, stating either your system is updated or outdated. If it shows ‘Outdated’, then you need to update the drivers within no time.
- Click on the Start Scan Now button to run a Quick Scan, click Start Scan Now button.
- Click on Update All button to update all outdated drivers.
- Once done, restart your system to apply the necessary changes. Now try again to look for a video driver. It is expected that your issue will be resolved after undergoing these vital steps.
This is how you can fix issues and update video drivers on Windows 10. When you do not find video drivers or graphics card working properly on your system, it is most likely the case of outdated drivers. With the help of Advanced Driver Updater, you can easily fix the issue.
Subscribe to our newsletter to get regular updates on the tech world. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube and share the articles.