Looking for the best PC games to download for free? Well, you’ve come to the right spot. Before Coronavirus or after Corona, the life of hard-core PC gamers hasn’t changed much, to be honest. They can spend endless hours, sleepless days, and nights in front of the PC screen without feeling even a smidge tired.
If you’re continually asking yourself questions like how to kill time to kick off your Quarantine boredom? What can all one do in this lockdown phase? Get into a dedicated PC gamer’s shoes for once, and you’ll lose track of time. (Guaranteed)
There’s a wide variety of PC games available online that you can download for free. From sci-fi to racing to role-playing arcade, you’ll surely find something that suits your taste. In this post, we’ve compiled the list of best free PC games to download on Windows 10.
10 Best Free PC Games to Download on Windows 10
Let’s explore our extensive list of best PC games to download for free on Windows 10.
Well, yes, who hasn’t heard about Fortnite. Curated by Epic Games, Fortnite is a popular PC game that takes your gaming journey to a whole new level. Fortnite is available in three distinct gaming modes, including Fortnite: Save the World, Fortnite Battle Royale, and Fortnite Creative. The primary storyline of Fortnite revolves around killing zombie-like creatures, raid buildings, and shooting your enemies—survival of the fittest. Here are a few key highlights of Fortnite that every gamer should be aware of.
- Fortnite is a multiplayer game where all your friends move towards a common objective or say mission.
- Fortnite is a fast-paced, revolutionary, action-packed game that can be enjoyed playing with 100 different players.
- Apart from Windows, macOS, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One, Fortnite: Battle Royale is also compatible with iOS, Android, and Nintendo Switch devices.
- Fortnite features sharp graphics and a few scenes of mild violence
- Also, Fortnite’s in-game currency is known as “V-bucks.”
Minecraft is one of the best PC games to download for free. Developed by Mojang Studios, Minecraft offers an excellent storytelling script that promises to keep gamers of every age gripped. Minecraft is available in various game modes, including Survival, Hardcore, Adventure, and Spectator. Here’s everything you need to know about Minecraft in a nutshell.
- Minecraft offers a lot of freedom to users as there’s no specific mission or goal that needs to be accomplished. Players are free to roam anywhere in the environment, build objects, craft tools, and more.
- Minecraft is compatible with various OS, including Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- You can enjoy Minecraft with your friends, where you can interact and communicate with other players in a ritual space.
3. League of Legends
League of Legends is another action-packed PC game on our list that offers you more like a multiplayer battle arena. This popular game is published by Riot Games and is available in two gaming modes named as Summoner’s Rift and Howling Abyss. In the former game mode, you might have to face some intense competition, whereas the latter is intended for ARAM (All Random All Mid) matches. Let’s know a little more about this popular gaming title:
- League of Legends is a MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) PC game.
- The game doesn’t demand high system specifications, so almost anyone can start playing the game without any hassle.
- One of the most popular gaming modes, to begin with, is Summoner’s Rift that can be found on the 5v5 map.
- League of Legends also features a store where you can purchase skins, champions, and other game stuff.
4. Call of Duty: Warzone
Call of Duty is a popular free-to-play battle royale game compatible with PlayStation Xbox and PC. Developed by Infinity Ward and Raven Software, Call of Duty offers you two game modes: Battle Royal and Plunder. Here are a few things to know about Call of Duty: Warzone game.
- Call of Duty offers you a massive arena where up to 150 players can join, armor up, and play together.
- The game revolves around a city named Verdansk, which includes hundreds of unique buildings and monuments.
- To level up your gaming experience, you can also buy the Battle Royale Game Pass that unlocks many advanced gaming features and new content.
- The latest version of the game was released a couple of weeks ago, known as Season 3 Reloaded: Call of Duty.
- Call of Duty: Warzone offers cross-platform play, which means players playing from different platforms like PS, Xbox, or PC can compete in one space.
5. Asphalt 9: Legends
Are you an arcade racing game fanatic? If yes, then Asphalt 9: Legends is the best free pc games to download on Windows 10. It can satisfy all your gaming desires.
- Asphalt 9 features an extensive roster of cars from brands like Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, and more.
- The game offers you an ultimate racing experience where you can enjoy driving in more than 70 unique racing tracks.
- It also includes a “Career Mode” where you can hone your racing skills while competing with 7 different players.
Roblox is one of the most popular free computer games to download on Windows 10. It takes you to a whole new universe offering you the freedom to create and be anything you imagine to be.
- Roblox primarily revolves around epic role-playing adventure where you can connect with other players and discover immersive worlds.
- It is compatible with Windows, iOS, Android, Xbox, and PlayStation.
- Roblox allows you to create building tools, musical instruments, vehicles, and anything that forms a part of your creativity.
7. Planetside 2
Do first-person shooter games drive you crazy? Let’s know all about PlanetSide 2 briefly.
- PlanetSide 2 is a free-to-play first-person shooter game originally curated by Sony Online Entertainment.
- It offers you a massive battlefield in stunning, breathtaking details and graphics.
- You can enjoy playing PlanetSide on PC, PlayStation, and Steam.
- PlanetSide 2 offers you three gaming factions: Terran Republic, New Conglomerate, and Vanu Sovereignty.
8. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
Hearthstone is one of the best PC games and freely available to download on Windows 1o. It roughly belongs to the CCG (Collectible Card Game) category and is curated by Blizzard Entertainment.
- The games take placed between two opponents, where they compete against each other to earn in-game rewards.
- Hearthstone is compatible with Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android.
- Hearthstone features four different cards, including minions, spells, weapons, and hero cards. The ultimate objective of each player is to reduce the opponent’s health.
- One Hearthstone, a player, can choose from 3 game modes: Arena, Tavern Brawls, and Battlegrounds.
9. Forza Motorsport 6: Apex
Next on our list of best free PC games to download on Windows 10 comes Forza Motorsport 6: Apex.
- Forza Motorsport offers you a full-fledged racing experience with breathtaking beautiful visuals and graphics.
- The game features more than 7 massive maps based on real-world locations that make racing even more impressive in the virtual space.
- You can even enjoy laying Forza Motorsport 6: Apex in stunning 4K resolution, but for that, you would require DirectX support on your system.
Developed by Digital Extremes, Warframe is the best action role-playing multiplayer PC game.
- Warframe will take you into an ancient zone where you can compete against your enemies like Grineer, Corpus, and more.
- Warframe is compatible with PC, PlayStation, Xbox and is also expected to extend its support for upcoming gaming consoles like PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X.
- Warframe missions can be played in various modes, be it single-player, or including up to 4 players, or in a player vs. environment mode.
This wraps our list of best PC games to download for free on Windows 10. Are you ready to take your PC gaming experience to a whole new level?
Also, do you have any other gaming titles in mind that we can add to this list? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments box below.