Do you have several folders full of pictures from years gone by? Are you tired of sifting through thousands of images, just to find that one exceptional picture? Do you regularly get a “Storage Full” alert, because you might haven’t realized, but your entire space is packed with photographs & lots of duplicates? Well, if your answer to any of these questions is Yes, then you are not alone in this.
In 2019, we took more than 1.4 Trillion pictures, so no wonder we are all so overwhelmed!
Undeniably the whole sorting process is tiresome, but an essential task & we are sure you don’t want to spend several hours just doing this. Hence, it is worthwhile to take the help of a photo organizing software for Windows to manage your digital photos.
Try These Paid & Free Photo Organizing Tools To Manage Thousands Of Images
There are hundreds of software available in the market that claim to organize your photo library, quickly & effectively. But only a few of them have managed to achieve the task. To save your time for searching an ideal tool, we have listed the top 10 best free photo management software for Windows to organize your huge pics collection!
MAGIX PHOTO MANAGER DELUXE
PHOTO ORGANIZER BY SYSTWEAK
What Is A Photo Organizer Tool?
Well, a photo organization software works dedicatedly to manage your digital images properly. Such tools are designed to enhance a user’s workflow by aligning hundreds & thousands of photographs in a centralized location, based on various parameters. So, next time you don’t have to spend hours looking for a particular pic.
What Factors Should Be Considered While Looking For A Photo Management Tool?
These are certain features that we feel make an excellent image organizer & manager for Windows.
Well, these are certain vital aspects; everyone should look for while choosing a photo storage & organization software. But in the end, it all depends on the needs & requirements of a user.
Best Ways To Organize Photos Like Professionals
Here are the step by step methods to organize your printed & digital photo collection!
List of 10 Best Free Photo Management and Organizer Software For Windows 10, 8, 7 PC
1. Magix Photo Manager
Supports: Windows 10/8/7 | Size: 4.87 MB | Price: 30-Day Free Trial/$39.69 | Try Now
Magix Photo Manager is a simple, quick & straightforward image management software for Windows 10, 8, 7 & Vista. It helps you categorize, manage & share your photo collection using advanced import options & efficient photo management tools. Additionally, it features an Intelligent filter for quick & automatic sorting. To start with the free trial version, you need to register yourself first.
- Straightforward interface
- Manage pics with name, location & memories.
- Image optimization of exposure, color & focus
- Have automatic backups
- Basic photo editing tools
- Offers introductory video to guide you through
- Limited tools with free photo organizer version
- Installation process takes a lot of time
- Downloads lots of extra add-ons with setup
2. Photo Organizer By Systweak
Compatibility: Windows 10/8/7/Vista & XP | Size: 4.9 MB | Price: Free | Try Now
Photo Organizer is one of the most effective free image management software equipped with no extra useless features to manage your digital library. You can use this quick picture storage tool to streamline your vast photo collection in a single place. It brings lots of tools for batch editing, recovering space & freeing you up from manual hectic to sort images.
- Store photos in a separate library
- Tools for batch copy/move/rename/delete
- Sort photos based on Date, Camera Mode etc
- Create space for new images, delete duplicates
- Export photos to another folder quickly
- None as such for a Free Photo Organizer
3. Adobe Bridge
Compatibility: Windows & macOS | Size: 2.58 MB | Price: $9.99 (Monthly)| Try Now
One of the best professional desktop photo & assets organizers for Windows 10 & other versions, Adobe Bridge, allows you to access & manage all your digital files in a few clicks. The photo management utility lets you add tags, ratings & other metadata information to your images. It brings a comprehensive interface that lets you sort thousands of images in one go on various attributes!
- Lets you organize HDR & panoramic shots
- Tools to add metadata for professional sorting
- Import both photos/videos from other devices
- Flexible batch image editing options
- Easy drag & drop feature for quick access
- Offers a paid cloud storager
4. Google Photos
Compatibility: Windows/Mac/Linux | Size: 1.26 MB | Price: Free/$1.99 | Try Now
Google Photos is undoubtedly a hassle-free way to get your precious memories in order. The automatic photo organizer automatically backups your picture directories automatically. Moreover, you can even select specific folders to be uploaded on the cloud. It’s AI assistant automatically organizes pics based on time & recommends which pictures can be archived.
- Lets you organize HDR & panoramic shots
- Create albums, collages & videos using uploads
- ‘Shared Libraries’ to share the entire collection
- Pictures are stored in the same resolution
- Well-integrated with smartphones
- Lacks tools for editing
- Setting it up on PC takes a lot of time
5. ACDSee Photo Studio Professional 2020
Compatibility: Windows & Mac | Size: 1.2 MB | Price: Free/ $8.90 (Monthly)| Try Now
There are lots of reasons why ACDSee Photo Studio is one of the tools to organize & manage photos on your Windows PC. For a start, it presents an epic organization system that involves ratings, tags, categories, keywords & color labelling. Additionally, the image organizer has advanced import features & brings amazing batch editing tools like Resizing, Rotation, Exposure Adjustment, Renaming & more.
- Organize pics: keywords, location, date & more
- Supports more than 80 file formats
- Lots of picture editing features
- Allows you to create an online photo gallery
- Offers a whole spectrum of filters
- Yearly plans are quite expensive
- Sometimes has launch issues
- Requires registration to use the free trial
6. digiKam Photo Manager
Compatibility: Windows, Mac & Linux | Size: 1.8 MB | Price: Free| Try Now
An open-source photo organizer has to be included in our list of 2020 Image Management Software. digiKam is an advanced solution for Windows, Mac & Linux users who quickly wants to sort pictures by name, size, date, title and other attributes. It offers tagging tools to add ratings, labels, comments on your photographs which acts as reminders. You can easily make sub-folders according to needs.
- Complete set of editing tools
- Lets you curve adjustment & create panoramas
- Free Picture organization software
- Edit & view photos from your digital camera
- Open-Source photo organizer so receives constant updates
- UI of this image organization tool is bit complex
7. CyberLink PhotoDirector 10 Ultra
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8, 7 | Size: 1.12 MB| Price: $69.99 | Try Now
If you are a professional photographer, chances are you’ve already heard about CyberLink PhotoDirector. It’s not only the best snaps organizing software but equally a great editing tool. It helps you store, manage, share, backup & retrieve your images without any hassles. You can enjoy the storage space of 25 GB & Photo presets to help you edit bulk pics without wasting much time.
- Organize pictures with different categories
- Great tools to correct blurred images
- Play with more than 40+ filters
- Allows you to work in layers
- Offers a decent built-in video editor
- Limited file format support
- Packed with lots of advertisements
- Installation takes a lot of time
8. Zoner Photo Studio
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8 | Size: 93.77 MB| Price: Free Trial/ $95.88| Try Now
Zoner Photo Studio comprises four main sections: Manager, Develop, Editor & Create. As the name entails, in the Manager section, you can organize your images based on dates, color labels, keywords & other attributes. You can even add GPS coordinates in your snaps; this further helps to search your photos by location. You can easily import files from your phone or camera.
- A complete suite of effects & filters
- Clean & easy to use interface
- Fast import options
- Offers online storage & gallery management
- Low price than another photo organizer for PC
- Slower than other desktop image managers
- Can face sudden shutdowns
- Most expensive photo organizer & manager
9. StudioLine Photo Basic 4
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8, 7, XP | Size: 64.94 MB | Price: Free | Try Now
StudioLine Photo Basic 4 is a fantastic tool to organize photos in Windows without a lot of clicks. You can enjoy lots of advanced editing features & slideshow creator with this freemium photo organizer for PC. You can manage your entire photograph collection by adding tags, descriptions, GPS coordinates & much more. It even allows you to upload photos & burn to CD/DVD.
- Import images from cameras, scanners etc.
- Manage snapshots in a centralized location
- Lots of photo editing tools
- Has slideshow & web gallery features
- Presents an intro video to learn the software
- Occupies significant storage space
- Best photo organization tool for newbies
10. FastStone Image Viewer
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8, 7 | Size: 6.84 MB | Price: Free | Try Now
FastStone Image Viewer is a free photo organizer & manager & equally a multi-purpose tool to edit & convert snapshots at blazing speed in a user-friendly interface. The image organizer for Windows is best known for its high compatibility with almost all file formats that most of the popular management software miss out. Additionally, it gets frequent updates to offer the best experiences.
- Innovative interface
- Installs at a high speed
- Best tool to view, edit, manage & convert pics
- Tools to read, write & edit metadata
- Basic yet well-stocked image manager & editor
- Options to resize, rotate, add texts, adjust colors, special effects/filters & more.
- This free photo organizer has no drag & drop feature
- Image processing takes time
Honorable Mentions: Must-Try Photo Management Software 2020
Apart from these top 10 choices, there are a few proper picture storage and organization tools that you can give a try:
Best Photo Organizer App For PCKey FeaturesTry Now
|Best Photo Organizer App For PC||Key Features||Try Now|
|Pictomio Image Management||
|PicaJet Digital Photo Management||
Comparing Popular Paid/Free Photo Organizing Software (2020)
Here’s a brief comparison of Top 5 Windows Utilities to help you organize & manage your entire digital photo collection.
|Photo Organizer For Windows PC||Free/Paid||Support RAW Format||Photo Editing||Backup & Recover|
|Magix Photo Manager||Trial/$39.69||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Adobe Bridge||Trial/$9.99 (Monthly)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|ACDSee Photo Studio Professional 2020||Trial/ $8.90 (Monthly)|||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Video Tutorial: How To Keep Your Digital Photos Organized?
Have no time to read the entire article? Check out this quick tutorial to neatly manage your entire photo collection!
So, that’s all folks! This was our comprehensive guide to help you explore the Best Paid & Free Photo Organizer & Manager for Windows 10 & other versions. Every utility has its own set of pros & cons. Still, if you ask us, we suggest using Magix Photo Manager (if you are looking for lots of tools in one package at affordable pricing) or Systweak Photo Organizer (if you want a free picture management software with sufficient feature set). Hope you are now able to choose the ideal one according to your needs & requirements!
If you know or use any other automatic photo organizer than the ones mentioned above, feel free to share them with us in the comments section below!