Looking for an SD card recovery software? In this post, we will help you shortlist the best SD card recovery software to restore your lost data in no time. There could be several reasons due to which you could lose your data on SD card, including corrupted SD card, files deleted accidentally, a virus invasion and more. Recovering them manually can be a hefty task. But don’t worry! These enlisted best SD card recovery software can help you recover deleted files and folders from your HDDs, SSDs, SD cards, USB drives, and memory cards.
Which Is The Best Free SD Card Recovery Software?
Now, that you know that your SD is corrupted and also check the probable causes for it. Let’s talk about some of the best free SD card recovery software!
1. Advanced Disk Recovery
Advanced Disk Recovery is one of the best tools to recover deleted photos from SD card. The tool comes with two types of scan: Deep Scan and Quick Scan. The former is for deep scanning and the latter scans using MFT.
Let’s take a look at the features of Advanced Disk Recovery:
- Comes with an intuitive interface and is simple to use.
- Recover your data from hard drive, external drive, USB, and CD/DVDs.
- Allows you to pause and resume the session provided you have run Deep Scan.
The tool is light on system resources and can recover all types of files, be it the smallest txt or the largest video file.
2. Stellar Disk Recovery
Another great tool to recover deleted videos from SD card, Stellar Disk Recovery is robust and sturdy. The tool can recover data from deleted partitions, formatted drives, and SD cards.
Let’s take a look at the features of Stellar Disk Recovery:
- Recover data from Windows computer along with different storage media using Deep scan.
- Restores data from corrupted drives, optical media.
- Recovers any type of files such as videos, photos, office documents, music and more using file signature.
It comes with add-on drive monitor utility and disk cloning for risk-free data recovery. The software supports recovering data from FAT, NTFS, ex-FAT formatted drives.
3. EaseUs Data Recovery
Want to recover formatted SD card to get your files back, use EaseUS Data Recovery tool. It can recover lost, formatted or deleted data from removable drives or PC. The tool is capable of recovering lost files, pictures, videos, and other types of files.
Let’s take a look at the features of EaseUS Data Recovery:
- Comes with a three-click recovery process.
- Two scan types: Quick and Deep Scan. Quick Scan uses a basic algorithm for immediate results, Deep Scan searches for lost files sector by sector to get assured results.
- Provides a preview of recovered files.
This SD card recovery tool can recover deleted files even from the emptied recycle bin. The tool can recover data from raw and inaccessible disk.
Recuva is a free SD card recovery software that can recover your lost and accidentally deleted files quickly. The tool can recover files from your Windows PC, digital camera, SD card, Recycle Bin and other storage media devices.
Let’s take a look at the features of Recuva:
- Recover files from damaged or formatted drives.
- Comes with advanced Deep Scan mode that searches your drives to find traces of files deleted.
- Restores photos, videos, files, documents and other file types from a removable drive, local hard disk.
The tool comes with feature secure overwrite, which delete files permanently. This feature uses military standard deletion techniques.
5. Undelete 360
Undelete 360 is a tool which can recover deleted photos from SD card, flash drive, computer, digital camera, and other devices. This best free SD card recovery tool is fast and easy to use.
Let’s take a look at the features of Undelete 360:
- Recover files deleted due to viruses or computer errors.
- It supports file recovery along with folder recovery.
- Can undelete photos, videos, docs and other types of files.
Undelete 360 comes with a simple interface, is light on system resources and available for free.
6. Wise Data Recovery
One of the best tools to restore lost data from SD cards, Wise Data Recovery is easy to use and comes with a lot of features. This SD card recovery software is light on system resources and is available on all versions of Windows for free.
Let’s take a look at the features of Wise Data Recovery:
- Choose a file type before a scan and fasten the recovery process.
- Shows you the probability to undelete lost files.
- Comes in portable version. Therefore you need to install the app to recover your lost files.
Wise Data Recovery can restore files from NTFS, FAT, and exFAT. It is capable of recovering documents, files, photos, videos, emails.
7. Puran File Recovery
Puran file recovery tool is a corrupted SD card recovery software which comes to a simple interface and powerful engine to recover files. It can recover lost or deleted files and partitions. Irrespective of the storage medium, the tool scans and recovers deleted files.
Let’s have a look at the features of Puran File Recovery:
? Comes with Quick and Deep Scan. Quick scan lists deleted files in a few seconds, and deep scan scans the drive byte by byte to ensure all the recoverable files can be undeleted.
? Lists full path of deleted files with exact structure.
? Can scan raw and physical drives for deleted data and lost partitions.
The tool provides a preview of all the deleted files before recovery. This software also comes in a portable version
8. MiniTool Power Data Recovery
One of the best SD card recovery software, Mini Tool Power Data Recovery is capable of recovering files and folders from SSD, HDD and external drives as well. It can recover data lost due to computer crashes, or unintentionally removal.
Let’s take a look at the features of MIniTool Power Data Recovery Software:
- Recovers all file types including photos, videos, documents, PDFs, emails, notes, XML and more.
- Recovers files even after an OS crash or viruses attack.
- Can even restore deleted files while formatting drives.
MiniTool Power Data Recovery Software can recover lost data in 3 easy steps even when your hard drive has been damaged.
9. PC Inspector File recovery
Want to recover deleted photos from your SD card? Get PC Inspector File recovery tool, which simple and easy to use. The SD card recovery tool is free to download and install.
Let’s look at the features of PC Inspector File Recovery:
- Supports file system including NTFS, FAT12, FAT32, and FAT16.
- Restores files with its original time.
- Even recover files with no header entries.
It can recover various types of files, including videos, photos, documents, and audios. It can locate partitions on its own, even if the boot sector of FAT is deleted or corrupted.
10. Disk Drill
Last but not least, Disk Drill is one of the best SD card recovery software which undeletes files from your SD card, hard drive, Recycle Bin with ease.
Let’s take a look at the features of Disk Drill:
- Has lost partition search, Deep Scan, Quick Scan and catalogue rebuild feature to recover lost files.
- Recovers all types of data such as word, GIFs, videos, photos, audios and more.
- Supports various file systems including NTFS, FAT, HFS+, EXFAT etc.
The tool comes with future data preservation techniques, i.e. Recovery vault data protection, and restoration mechanism.
All the recovery software listed are quite efficient and can recover data for you. However, our recommendation is to go with the Advanced Disk Recovery tool when it comes to safely recover all types of lost files from any hard drive, removable drives and other storage media devices. But you can choose any of other best corrupted SD card recovery software mentioned in the list as per your preferences. These tools can help you recover photos, videos, and files from various devices. What to do, you think? Which software will you use? Please mention the tool that you rely on when it comes to SD card recovery in the comment section below.
What Could Be The Reason Behind SD Card Getting Corrupted?
Using storage devices such as SD is quite popular. It makes transferring files between devices easy. However, an SD card getting corrupted can cause you to lose your valuable files. There could be a lot of reasons behind the SD card getting corrupted:
- Physical damage
- Input/Output error
- File System of SD card is damaged
- MBR corruption
What Are Symptoms To Look For?
With seamless transfer technology, portable data storage such as SD cards and USB drives are popularly used. These cards are used in camcorders, digital cameras, smartphones, tablets and more. But SD cards can get corrupted very quickly, it could be due to formatting or physical damage.
The signs of a corrupted SD card starts from an error message. If not taken care of, it could result in data loss permanently. Also, SD cards come with a lifespan. Therefore, it is supposed to get damaged.
Let’s look at the symptoms of SD card corruption:
- Black screen with an error message, “SD card is not accessible. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.”
- No folder shows or the folders don’t open and come up with error messages, “ Read/Write error on SD card” which indicates it can’t read from your computer.
- Photos from your SD cards are missing.
- Can’t copy contents to computer & get an error message that disk ‘write-protected.’
- Error messages saying, ‘corrupt memory error’ or ‘memory card error’ while accessing files on it.
- Can’t delete, copy, add or save any file on SD card.
- ‘SD card is not formatted’ Do you want to format it now.
Are There Chances To Recover Photos From Corrupted SD Card?
Yes, there are possibilities to recover photos from corrupted SD card, for that you need to check the status of your SD card. To do that, follow these steps:
- Connect your SD card to your computer
- Click This PC.
- From the context menu, select Manage.
- Click Disk Management.
Now check the status:
- SD card appears on Disk Management window, but you can’t access the drive
- The SD card doesn’t appear in Disk Management and File Explorer as well
- SD card appears on Disk Management window, but a partition is missing
- The SD card appears on File Explorer but missing from Disk Management
- SD card appears on Disk Management window, but it shows No media
There are high chances to restore pictures from your corrupted SD card if you get first and third status. However, if you’re getting fourth and fifth status, then you need to fix your device to recover data from SD card.
If your SD card is not recognized by your computer, try using another card reader & connect the SD card to a different PC. If the issue persists, you must seek help of a professional