When we talk about disk analyzer tools, WinDirStat cannot be skipped. It has gained the popularity of the best in the industry over the years. However, in the long run, if you get irritated by slow tools, then this is not the best option. Also. it has no option to port unless you have installed it. Another huge disadvantage of using this is that you cannot save the scan results. This is the reason why people have started looking WinDirStat alternatives. If you too are one amongst them, then read the blog further and find the best alternatives to WinDirStat!
Best WinDirStat Alternatives
1. Disk Analyzer Pro
This holds the topmost position in the list of WinDirStat alternatives. The reason behind this is the efficiency of this tool with which makes managing disk space quite easy. Disk Analyzer Pro scans and finds zero-byte files (computer files containing no data that still occupy disk space), temporary Internet files, junk files, compressed files, etc., swiftly. Once you are aware of size and location of these, you can organize or get rid of them. Also, you need not worry about its compatibility with your operating system because this goes along with Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP.
- You can easily find and delete unwanted, temporary and junk files.
- It helps you find and locate oldest and largest files/folders.
- In case you need to know about type, size, ownership or when the files were last modified, there is no better tool than Disk Analyzer Pro.
This is a Freeware and portable tool which helps in organizing the disk space. It uses concept of Treemap to view available space on disk. The best part about this is that it leaves your current registry unaffected. There is no setup file just Zip file which you can extract anywhere you wish to!
- It has drag and drop support.
- SpaceSniffer is equipped with powerful filtering and customization options as well.
- Also, it fast scans your hard disk which saves a lot of time.
Treesize has a secure position in the list of the WinDirStat alternatives. Using Treemap, it assesses the disk space and tells you where the disk space has been consumed. It’s a freeware that works on Master File Table to reach high scanning speed. It has two versions, that is free and paid. You can opt for paid version if you wish to unlock pro features.
- It is small in space, fast and secure to use.
- Produces quick results so that you can analyze things yourself.
- You can filter preview and data protection is guaranteed..
4. Disk Recon
It is a disk space utility which unveils all the information you need to know about space utilization in your disk. With this, finding large files and folders, unused files which are consuming space, and duplicate files is as easy as snapping fingers. It is user-friendly and equally useful for IT professionals and common people!
- It supports Unicode file and folder names.
- It has shell integration.
- Even the local drivers and network drivers can be scanned.
It claims to be the best alternative to WinDirStat. This disk space analyzer can easily scan your hard disk and where your disk space. If you have knowledge about which directories and subdirectories are consuming your file, then you can efficiently manage them! Also, it is available in several languages.
- It’s super-fast as it uses MFT (Master File Table) and NTFS, same as search engines.
- It automatically sorts the directories, so you need not put in more efforts.
- You can export comma separated values to clipboard and import them after you are done viewing.
This is one of the freeware utility that traces how much disk space is being utilized and where. You get the complete report in one go! Also, you need carry out long and elaborated process to install this one! This program to manage your disk space is freely available for personal use and for corporates as well! In case you have subscribed to the newsletter, you’ll get quick notification when a new version has been released.
- It is extremely easy to use.
- You need not be worried about compatibility as it goes with all versions of windows.
- You can get an insight into the space consumed by directories and subdirectories as well.
There are several more alternatives of WinDirStat that can be used, but the best ones available are listed here! Do you know any better options? Let us know about them in comments section below!