In a recent turn of events, the famous Virtual Private Network or VPN website, NordVPN, has been cloned notorious hackers. Research at DoctorWeb found that this cloned website was formed in recent days to distribute malware called Win32.Bolik.2, a considerable dangerous banking trojan.
*Fake NordVPN website*
Before the news could be released, many people had already visited the website. You may now understand the seriousness of this situation.
Coming to NordVPN, it is known to protect your internet traffic and searches with military-grade security. You can browse the internet without leaving any trace behind. What else NordVPN has to offer?
- It protects you on public Wi-Fi networks, keeps you away from annoying ads, and secures your online activity.
- Even if you are traveling, you will not find any boundaries while accessing a particular content.
- You can secure 6 devices using one single NordVPN account.
- Your IP address becomes untraceable and no one can find out your surfing history as well as the downloads.
How To Avoid Malware Attacks?
Using third-party software in your PC can help you in managing any kind of malicious threats in advance. Keeping your PC strong is the best solution, we would say! How?
Let’s understand what these tools are meant for:
- Both are capable of scanning and detecting infections from the deepest corners of your system’s storage. You are safe against malware, adware, spyware, and trojan after installing these tools.
- They can be scheduled for regular scanning so that even if any malware strikes, these tools will automatically thrash them off.
Download Advanced System Protector
Download Systweak Anti-malware for Mac
What To Do After Getting Attacked By Malware?
Advanced System Protector or Systweak Anti-Malware For Mac contains features including:
- Deep scan action to search every nook and cranny on your system for malicious activity and remove them as soon as they are detected.
- With Systweak Anti-malware, you can keep your browsers secure by detecting any suspicious plug-ins.
- Both the tools remain extremely light on system resources, causing no worries on the working of machine and space occupied.
Though your PC will become secure after the malware attack using these effective tools, we recommend you download them in advance as threats are many with an increase in its number every day. Whether through website cloning or phishing attempt, your awareness is the only way out.
What To Do If Your Own Website Gets Cloned?
You might be leading your business through your own website and do not wish someone else to clone your website for any purpose. Follow some quick steps when your website is cloned:
- Find the user who has copied the content or use the website hosting service which is hosting the website. Whoishostingthis could also be used to find out this information.
- Secure the code with the help of the developer.
- Register your website’s copyright with the US Copyright office.
And this way you can stay away from fake websites while not allowing any kind of threats to enter the PC.
We would like to hear from you!
Let us know in the comment section below about what you think of this news on cloning. Moreover, share your experiences, if any, and how did you come out of such a situation. With that, stay safe and secure!