Games are getting better and better with time. They are becoming more entertaining and engaging. Many people say that there are no benefits of playing games and it is a waste of time. However, it is not the case. Majority of population do not know that there are many benefits of playing games apart from entertainment.
Below you will find some benefits of gaming which you can show to people and prove them wrong:
- Increase multitasking skills: Gaming requires you to me multitasker. You have to press different buttons and move joystick with giving full attention to the screen. Games also have to keep note of all the information displayed on the screen such as ammunition, power level, health bar, enemy for winning the game. After playing games for some time your multitasking skills will definitely increase as you are doing all these tasks again and again.
See Also: Video Games We Bet You Never Completed
- It can be a great source of learning: Many institutions are developing for children. They are incorporation games as teaching methods. With the help of games learning time and quality of the children increases greatly. Games are designed in a way that they increase cognitive and creative skills.
- Improvement in problem solving skills: There are many games that needs gamers to perform different tasks in order to win and advance to next level. Gamers have to cope with different solutions and come up with instant solution in order to win.
- Improves memory: Every game starts with set of instructions which a gamer needs to memorize in order to play. Gamers also need to memorize different keys which have different functions in a game. This will increase your memory.
- Get career boost: Gaming can increase your leadership skills and team work skills. Some genres of games need gamers to be in team or to be the leader of a team which will increase both these skills in real life also.
- Increases attention and concentration: Gamer tends to be more attentive and have more concentration from non gamers. Games require players attention whole time. Concentrating constantly for more time will increase concentration and attention power of the gamers.
- Reduce stress: Some games might increase stress level in person, however there are many games which help players to reduce stress. So, in stress it is better to play your favorite video game.
- Increase response time: Games need players to take split second decisions, if failed to do so they will lose in that game. Response time increase because players are constantly provided new information every time and they have to take decisions very fast.
These benefits are based on different studies that are done by different institutions. Games also help people with special needs, study proves that games help people with autism and other mental disorder. Games increase productivity of the people who gives certain amount of their time in playing video games.