Like most BSOD errors on Windows 10, 0x0000003b is another annoying BSOD error. It makes your PC suddenly restart without any warning.
Imagine you are working on an important presentation, and before you could save it, your system restarts due to the 0x0000003b error code. What will you do?
Everything you were working on is now gone because the AutoSave feature was OFF, and you did not get a chance to save it?
BSODs are frustrating, right?
In this article, we are going to share information about 0x0000003b system_service_exception Windows 10 error, and ways to troubleshoot it.
This BSOD error occurs in all versions of Windows, be it Windows 10, Windows 7 or Windows 8. The most common reasons for BSOD system service exception on Windows 10 are:
- Corrupted Windows system files
- Outdated or corrupt Windows drivers
- Virus, malware or other malicious programs
- Buggy Windows update
- Corrupt registry entries
Ways to Fix Windows stop code system service exception_0x0000003b
There are various reasons for 0x0000003b system_service_exception; therefore there are several solutions to it. Below, we will discuss the most effective fixes to resolve system_service_exception on Windows 10.
Method 1: Update device drivers (Recommended)
Most of the times, system_service_exception Windows 10 error is caused due to outdated or incompatible drivers.
Don’t worry, it’s not something you did. Windows drivers can become a problem anytime. This means if they are working fine one day, they can cause a blue screen the other day. Since the version of Windows updates regularly, devices get new driver updates and these changes sometimes fall out of sync. Thereby, ending up showing stop code system service exception error.
Fortunately, solving this problem is easy. By simply installing or updating to a compatible driver you can get rid of system service exception on Windows 10. Here’s how you can do it.
1. Download and install Smart Driver Care.
2. Run Smart Driver Care, and click Start Scan Now. It will run a scan on your system to detect the incompatible or buggy drivers.
3. Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of flagged drivers.
4. Restart your system to bring changes into effect.
This should fix Windows stop code system service exception error on Windows 10.
Note: To update outdated drivers, you will need to use the Pro version of Smart Driver Care. Don’t worry, Smart Driver care takes a complete backup of the old drivers allowing you to restore if anything goes wrong. Furthermore, it comes with 60-day no questions asked money-back guarantee. This means you can use the product without any worry.
However, if you would like to do it manually follow the steps below:
- Press Windows + R key altogether.
- In the Run window, type devmgmt.msc, and press Enter.
- Now under Device Manager window look for display adapter.
- Unhide the driver. Right-click on it, and select Update Driver Software from the context menu.
- Next, click on “Search automatically for updated driver software.”
Windows will not look for an available driver update. If there’s an update, you will be asked to install it. Follow on-screen instructions to install the driver.
Method 2: Run System File Checker
Corrupt or faulty system files can also cause system service exception on Windows 10. To check if this has created the issue, use System File Checker to replace any corrupt system files.
To run it follow the steps below:
- Type command prompt in the Windows search bar.
- Right-click on Command Prompt.
- Now from the context menu select and click Run as Administrator.
- Next, in the Command Prompt window type chkdsk /f/r, press Enter.
- To schedule a disk check next time system restarts, press Y from the keyboard.
- Now, restart your PC, wait for the scan to finish.
- Check if the stop code system service exception problem is fixed or not.
Method 4: Perform Malware Or Virus Check
Viruses or malware can corrupt system files leading to stop code system service exception. Therefore, to fix this problem, run an updated anti-malware like Advanced System Protector. This standalone tool has an advanced scan engine that helps remove infected files and malware. there are two types of scan, you can choose any of the two as per your convenience. To perform a more thorough scan, we recommend using a Deep Scan.
Method 5: Uninstall defected applications
If 0x0000003b BSOD system service exception has occurred after installing a specific software, it is recommended that you uninstall that program. When a corrupt software is installed, chances are this error might occur. Therefore, we suggest uninstalling such software, and then restart the system to check if the system service exception stop code problem is fixed or not.
Method 6: Use SFC command to repair the corrupted system file
System files play an important role in the proper functioning of the system. If they get corrupted serious problems like 0x0000003b stop code system service exception occurs. To resolve this problem, we will need to repair corrupted system files. To use SFC command for the same follow the steps below:
- Type command prompt in Windows search.
- Right-click on Command Prompt > Run as Administrator.
- Next in Command Prompt window type sfc scannow and hit enter.
This will start the system file checking process to repair corrupted system files with a cached copy of the same files saved in the Windows folder.
BSOD is the most frustrating error anyone could face as it does let you do anything. We hope using these methods discussed above will help you resolve 0x0000003b Windows stop code system service exception.
Liked the article? Please express your thoughts in the comments section below. You can also mention which method worked for you. For more tech updates, do subscribe to our newsletter. You can also follow us on social media.