In this post, we will discuss the best duplicate file finder software to remove duplicate files on Windows 10, 8, 7 PC.
If you’ve landed here, the chances are that you’re stuck with a massive collection of redundant duplicate files. Cleaning out your Windows PC regularly is worth doing. However, it can be a time-consuming process & some people get overwhelmed because there are just too many files, photos, documents, videos to sift through manually.
Fortunately, there are several Duplicate File Finder & Remover tools available for Windows 10, 8, 7 PC to help you make the task easier & faster. Using a dedicated Duplicate file remover software, you can quickly locate and delete useless clone copies of photos, videos, music, documents & other media files to free up disk space & better organize your collection.
Top 3 Tools To Find & Remove Duplicate Files
Duplicate Files Fixer
Easy Duplicate File Finder
Wise Duplicate Finder
So, without further ado, let’s take a look at some of the most popular choices available for finding and removing duplicate files on Windows 10 PC.
Also Read: windows 10 optimization software
9 Best Duplicate File Finder Software To Remove Duplicate Files
Keeping a single version of your file and deleting unnecessary duplicates will help you increase productivity, speed up your Windows 10 PC & reduce the cost for extending extra disk space.
Here is the list of 9 best duplicate file finders for Windows 10 PC:
1. Duplicate Files Fixer By Systweak – Best Software To Get Accurate Results
The Fastest & Easiest Way To Locate & Delete Duplicate Files!
Watch Video Tutorial To Delete Duplicate Files on Windows 10 Using Duplicate Files Fixer
Download Duplicate Files Fixer Now and Get 20% OFF
Duplicate Files Fixer is undoubtedly an excellent tool to find and eliminate duplicate photos, videos, music, docs, and other multimedia files without much hassle. Aside from regular scanning, it offers advanced scan settings as well to include/exclude folders, scan duplicates based on date, size & hidden files.
- Intuitive Interface.
- Accurate identification.
- Supports both internal & external devices.
- Lets you clear caches as well.
- It allows you to create a backup of files before deleting them.
Compatibility: Windows 10/8/7/Vista & XP
How To Use Duplicate Files Fixer?
- Install Duplicate Files Fixer on your Windows PC.
- Add Files/Folder, which you want to scan for finding duplicates. You can also use the drag & drop feature to add specific files or folders.
- Click on Scan for Duplicates button to start a quick scanning. Results will be displayed in the group for easy reviewing.
- Choose the Auto-Mark option to let Duplicate Files Fixer, choose all the dupes on your behalf.
- Click on the Delete Marked button to get rid of all the similar-looking files in one go.
2. Easy Duplicate File Finder – Equipped with Advanced Filters
An Easy To Use Windows 10 Duplicate Cleaner Solution Packed With Advanced Filters!
As the name entails, Easy Duplicate File is an efficient solution to find, compare & remove duplicates in the easiest way possible. With this tool, you can locate all kinds of duplicate files. Be it any file type or format, Easy Duplicate File Finder needs no special instructions to find and remove specific formats.
- Use 8+ scanning modes for accurate results.
- Capable of finding duplicate photos, music, videos, emails, and whatnot.
- Lets you get rid of duplicates from cloud solutions like Dropbox & Google Drive.
- An ‘Undo’ button for emergency recovery.
- Read full review
Compatibility: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 & 10
Price: $39.95 for one PC
How To Use Easy Duplicate File Finder?
- Launch Easy Duplicate File Finder, choose the folders where you want to find duplicates, specify the types you want to check & trigger the Scanning process.
- The duplicate file remover program claims to offer 100% accuracy without affecting the speed. Once the process gets completed, check the Automatic selection to mark the dupes.
- Select the Trash button to get rid of all the duplicates and similar-looking files.
3. Wise Duplicate Finder By WiseCleaner – Clone Detector
Suitable Clone Files Detector For Both Beginners & Pro Users!
Fairly capable program to remove duplicates files on Windows 10 & other versions, Wise Duplicate Finder, uses the file name, size & content to detect dupes on your PC. You can release chunks of space in just a single scan, be it duplicate pictures, videos, docs, or other multimedia files. Additionally, Wise Duplicate Finder can also find empty files & folders for you so that you can delete them & save more space.
- Advanced settings to set the scanning according to file type: Images, Videos, Audios, Docs, Archives & Emails.
- Option to exclude specific file types.
- The duplicate cleaner is automatically set to take automatic backups of deleted files so that you can quickly restore files if you delete them accidentally.
- Offers 24*7 Email Support.
Compatibility: Windows XP or Later. (Both 32 Bit & 64 Bit)
How To Use Wise Duplicate Finder?
- Launch Wise Duplicate Finder on your Windows system, Add folder(s) & select the locations you wish to scan.
- Set the scanning rule, you can configure the software to compare files based on size, partial matches, or even exact matches.
- Once the scanning gets completed, it’s time to remove duplicates files on Windows 10 & other versions. Just click the ‘Delete Selected’ button.
4. Auslogics Duplicate File Finder – Algorithm based results
The Best Windows 10 Duplicate Cleaning Software With Lots Of Features!
Auslogics’ Free Duplicate File Finder is an excellent utility to sort through images, documents, music, videos, and other multimedia files and remove duplicate files within a few moments. The Windows software works with intelligent algorithms to compare files not only based on the name but its content.
- Find duplicates based on Content & not just name.
- It offers an easy-to-use interface, suitable for novices.
- Ability to scan duplicates on both local drives & removable drives.
- In addition to listing duplicates, Auslogics also lets you view the file properties & sort them by name, etc.
- Relatively lightweight duplicate cleaner for Windows 10 & below versions.
- Read more
Compatibility: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7 & 10
How To Use Auslogics Duplicate File Finder?
- As soon as you launch the software, you’ll be displayed all the drives (directory) on your system.
- Select the drive you wish to scan & set the matching criteria to search for duplicates: Name and/or Date, Size, Content, or Image Type.
- After configuring the criteria, click on Scan Now button & let the Duplicates Removal tool find files based on the set levels.
- When your results are displayed, go through the list and delete duplicates you want.
5. CCleaner Pro – Complete PC Cleaner & Optimizer
The ‘You May Already Have Installed’ Windows 10 PC Cleaner Software!
There’s a high probability that you must already have this cleaning software on your Windows PC. Known for providing the best optimization features to make your system run super-smooth. Still, not many people know that CCleaner comes packed with lots of useful modules, one of which is Duplicate Finder & Remover.
- Easy-to-navigate interface, clearly labeled modules.
- Aside from cleaning & optimization, CCleaner allows you to find & remove duplicates such as Photos, Videos, Music & other Files.
- Scans & list clone copies based on File Name, Size, Date & also Content.
- Great duplicate file cleaning utility for both basic and advanced users.
Compatibility: Windows XP & Above
How To Use CCleaner?
- Start CCleaner & go to Tools module, located in the left panel. A list of sub-options will be displayed to you, choose Duplicate Finder from the list.
- Select the matching criteria based on Name, Size, Date, or Content. You can further modify the matching levels with more options.
- Include/Exclude files/folders you wish to scan & click on the Search button.
- After the scanning process, tick the checkboxes of the duplicate files & hit Delete Selected button to remove unnecessary clone files from your PC.
6. Fast Duplicate File Finder By MindGems – Free Software
A Must-Have Duplicate Remover With Fast Scanning Engine & Accurate Results!
Fast Duplicate File Finder is another good duplicate file remover program you can rely on to identify unnecessary dupes scattered all over your system. The software is designed on fast binary comparison algorithms to detect exact files regardless of their formats or types. All the founds duplicates are previewed before you delete them.
- Identify & remove duplicate files from user-specified folders, hard drives & the entire network.
- Found duplicates can be moved to recycle bin, custom folder, or deleted permanently.
- Advanced selections can be made to Names, Dates & Extensions.
- Handy preview to show the content of all files.
- Pro version offers to detect similar files, various search filters, exclude options, export results & more.
Compatibility: Windows 2000 /NT/XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10 (Both 32 Bit & 64 Bit OS)
Price: Freeware & Pro version costs $39.95
How To Use Fast Duplicate File Finder?
- Once the installation is completed, launch the duplicate cleaner, select drive, folder, or network location to scan.
- Choose the detection modes: 100% equal files, similar files & many more.
- After the scanning gets completed, review the list & modify selection manually, if required.
- Delete duplicate files or move the folder or backup drive.
7. Duplicate File Detective 6 – Great Content Analyzing Tool
An Affordable Choice To Identify & Delete Duplicate Files On Windows 10 System!
Based on state-of-the-art file content analysis technology, Duplicate File Detective is another useful software to find duplicate files on Windows 10 & other versions. The program allows users to search multiple folders, removable storage devices, drives, and even network shares, everything in one-go. Once all the duplicates are detected, you can either choose to archive them or remove all the exact and similar-looking files safely and quickly.
- UI is quite similar to MS Office products.
- Move, delete, or zip duplicate files.
- Comprehensive search filters.
- Export detected identical files in XML, CSV, HTML, PDF and other formats.
- Find duplicate audio files via tag extraction and analysis.
- Best Duplicate File Finder and Remover for Advanced users.
- Multiple themes are available to customize the dashboard.
Compatibility: Windows 10,8,7, Vista, and Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008.
How To Use Duplicate File Detective?
- After installing Duplicate File Detective, click on New Project Wizard, choose what types of duplicates you want to like to detect & its matching criteria.
- You can choose the fair degree of accuracy, detection based on extension, size, file type, tags, and so on.
- Once you do this, click Next, select the desired location to scan. Specify what parameters of dupes should be included in the results section, for example, Last modified, Artist, Title, etc.
- Click Finish to start the scanning process. Once duplicate files are listed, click on Mark All Files & hit Delete Marked button from the top-panel.
8. Duplicate Cleaner Pro – Save Search Criteria Profiles
Duplicate Cleaner Pro is a fine duplicate finder tool for Windows. It will search for all types of files on the system and uses a powerful scan to detect all duplicates. The duplicate file finder tool is also capable of scanning similar files according to the file attributes. You can create profiles to save your search criteria to save time an excellent tool to be used at an organization to scan the system thoroughly.
- Zip file scanning option available to look further into all folders.
- Create Duplicate Cleaner Profiles to save the frequently used search criteria.
- The scan detects the flipped, rotated or resized images too.
- Detecting audio files is made easy with the different file formats supported by the tool.
- Option to delete duplicates or move them to different locations.
How To Use Duplicate File Detective?
- After installing the download file, run the setup and select your suitable language on the tool. Insert your license key for using the Duplicate Cleaner Pro or click on Free Trial for 15 days button.
- Duplicate Cleaner opens and shows you several options on the home page, select the New Search option.
- It directs you to the Search Criteria page, here you can specify all the needed parameters.
- Start with selecting a mode from – Regular mode, Image Mode, Audio mode. Further select the file to be searched by the size, date, location etc.
- Use the Search Filters to include or exclude specific files and folders. Advanced filters are also available to scan for Zip files and RAW image formats.
Compatibility: Windows 10,8,7, Vista.
9. XYplorer –
XYplorer is a file manager, but it comes with a convenient and customizable duplicate finder tool. This is an exact search tool to look into all the parts of storage space on your computer. The customizable filters will make your search quick and easy. Deleting the duplicate files is thus made simpler with this Windows application.
- Does not make any changes to the Registry on your system.
- Additionally, a portable file manager.
- Easy navigation within the tool with dedicated tools.
- Duplicate image finder for just the image search.
How To Use Duplicate File Detective?
- Download it and run the file to install the application.
- As the application launches, select a Drive to look for the duplicate files.
- Further, select a folder or the entire drive and then go to the Bottom bar and click on the Toggle Info button.
- Here you will see multiple options, click on Find Files.
- Now select Dupes which is specific to look for duplicate files.
- It will give you filters such as name, extension, content, date, size etc. Apply the filters by checking the boxes in front of them and click on the Find Now
- You will get the accurate results with the Boolean logic it uses.
Compatibility: Windows 10,8.1,8,7, Vista, XP.
Did You Find “Your” Best Duplicate File Finder & Remover Solution?
If you ask us, based on several reviews & recommendation, users have chosen Duplicate Files Fixer as one of the Best Duplicate File Finder for Windows 10 PC. Since it’s user-friendly, has lots of matching criteria, results 100% accurate identification & ultimately has affordable pricing, once can undoubtedly rely on this great Windows utility. Moreover, it’s a single scan result in a noticeable performance boost, which makes it a go-tool to proper system functioning.
Comparison Table: Top 5 Tools to Find Duplicate Files
|Feature||Duplicate File Fixer||Duplicate File Eraser||Clone Cleaner||Wise Duplicate Finder||Easy Duplicate File Finder|
|Scan Speed Rating|
|Auto Mark Duplicates||YES||No||No||YES||YES|
|OS Computer||Windows & Mac OS||Windows & Mac OS||Windows||Windows||Windows & Mac OS|
|Mobile Support||YES, Android & iOS||No||No||No||No|
Some Relevant FAQs:
Is Duplicate File Finder Safe?
Yes, it is safe to use a Duplicate File Finder to free up storage on your computer. Make sure you use one of the best Duplicate File Finders to get the correct results and do not lose important files. This is to ensure that that third party duplicates file finder we download on our system should be a useful tool.
Does Windows 10 Have A Duplicate File Finder?
No, Windows 10 does not come with an inbuilt tool to find the duplicates. Therefore we have to rely on getting a powerful Duplicate file finder which will solve our issues with duplicate files. The duplicate files tend to take up so much space on storage that we often find a generous amount of disk filled with unnecessary copies.
How Can I Find Duplicate Files?
We have listed the best Duplicate file finders for you to select, and this is the only way to detect all duplicates on your system accurately. Manual methods can be very time consuming, and it also does not guarantee as we tend to save copies of files in different locations.
What Is The Best Free Duplicate File Finder?
Going forward with any free tool is always limited by its usage and features. Therefore we suggest you use the effective duplicate file finder for the best results. Duplicate files fixer has to be the best duplicate file finder, and you get it at an affordable rate.
Watch This Quick Tutorial: Top 5 Duplicate File Finder & Remover Tools