Duplicate and similar photos have been a nuisance since our precious memories (photos) started going digital. This is a new issue that has troubled almost everyone across the globe. With people spending more and more time on Social Media, other types of images that include greetings, quotes, inspirations, etc., flood our devices reducing storage space. What more is that most of these images are repeated. For example, I had at least 11 copies of a Good Morning message with sunrise in the background. I am pretty sure you might have received a couple of them too.
Why Do Our Devices Amass Duplicate Photos?
There is no one particular reason why we have duplicate and similar photos on our smartphone and computer. Some of them are:
- Identical Images Over Social Media. We share a lot of images over Facebook, WhatsApp, Snapchat, Instagram, etc. It is quite common to receive an image from more than one of our contacts, resulting in duplicates. The reverse is also true when you share a photo with your contact, and he/she gets the same image from another contact as well.
- Burst Mode in Smartphone. With Burst Mode, you can capture a complete moment in images with a quick succession of auto-clicks. However, this results in a lot of similar photos on your device.
- App Cache. Many image editing images store your entire image gallery’s copies, resulting in duplicity of every image in your device.
- In your phone, the gallery app stores a small image of all images known as thumbnails that occupy unnecessary space.
- Cloud Storage and Backup. It is good to take a backup of your files on the cloud or external driver. However, while restoring the backup, there are slight chances that the copy of an image restored on your device already has the original image on your phone.
There is no solution to the above-mentioned reasons, and neither can we avoid them. Thus, it is recommended to use a duplicate photo finder software.
What Are The Dire Consequences Of Duplicate Photos On Your Phone?
Duplicate and similar images are a severe issue on any device. Some of the ill effects are:
- Occupy Storage Space. With duplicate and similar images crowding your phone, you would lose your valuable storage space, which seems to be always limited.
- Unorganized Photo Gallery. You would not enjoy your photos with repeated images when viewed with family and friends, as you would have to skip the duplicate images manually.
How To Remove Duplicate Photos On Your Device?
Now that you have realized duplicate and similar photos, it is important to resolve this by deleting duplicate images using a duplicate photo finder software. However, if you take the manual approach, it would consume considerable time and effort with only 80% accuracy. To get rid of the duplicates completely with ease, you would need a duplicate photo finder software like Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro. This application requires a few clicks and will resolve your photo issues and organize your library. For a better understanding, look at the steps of how this application works:
Step 1: Download and Install Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro.
Step 2: Initiate the Application and continue the registration process by clicking on the Activate Button.
Note: It would ask for a registration key which you would have received in your email after purchasing the software.
Step 3: Next step would be to click on Add Photos or Add Folders button to choose images from your library.
Step 4: Now, click on Scan for Duplicates button at the bottom centre to begin the scan.
Step 5: After the scan has been completed, you will find a list of duplicates organized in different groups.
Note: Each group will have images that are identical or almost similar only.
Step 6: Choose the images in every group that you want to remove from the list.
Step 7: Finally, click on the Delete Marked button.
This will delete duplicate photos and organize your photo library.
Why Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro Over Other Duplicate Photo Finder Software?
Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro (DPF) is a fantastic software available on all major devices containing Windows, Android, macOS, and iOS. The scan process is quick and simple and requires no training, sessions, or courses to use. Any removal of files is done after the user marks and deletes them manually. However, the scanning and identifying of duplicates is done with a single mouse click. Other features include:
Identifies duplicates. Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro scans the complete system and identifies every photo in your computer even though the file sizes and labels are different.
Identifies Similar Images. This application also identifies similar images that represent almost similar shots. These photos are clicked in regular succession using the burst mode in the smartphone.
External Devices. Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro scans all the storage disks connected to your computer, including USB Pen drives and external hard disks.
Auto-Mark Duplicates. The entire process of scanning and identifying duplicates is done with a single click. The app then allows users to manually mark each duplicate photo or click on the auto-mark option to auto-select all the duplicates with one click.
Mode of Comparison. Duplicate Photo Fixer Pro facilitates choosing different modes like matching levels, time intervals, and GPS.
Pros and Cons of Duplicate Photo Fixer Pro
- Quick and Convenient to use
- Organizes your Photo Library
- Removes all duplicate images
- Storage Space
- Users must purchase a license.
The Final Word On Duplicate Photos, How, What, & Why Of It
Indeed, you can never get rid of all the duplicate images issue as they will keep coming. The manual method of deleting duplicates consumes a lot of time and effort with fewer chances of success. Using a duplicate photo finder software like Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro is the only solution, and that too if the application is run once a week.
Follow us on social media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube. For any queries or suggestions, please let us know in the comments section below. We would love to get back to you with a solution. We regularly post on tips and tricks, along with answers to common issues related to technology.