Once finished with drafting plans, elevations, and sections on AutoCAD, it is now time to give a new life to these drawings on PDF. Whether you are an architect, engineer, designer or an artist, you surely need to find ways to convert DWG file to PDF.
Contrary to popular belief, it is possible to convert your DWG files to PDF without using third-party software. All you need to do is press Ctrl + P and select Name > DWG to PDF. This step has a few drawbacks like it will convert the whole file into a PDF document but you can’t convert anything selectively. Moreover, if you have received an email containing an AutoCAD file and you are not its regular user, you need an extra add-on. For such situations, these tools are your one-stop solution.
Keeping the above scenario in mind, you can try out some of the amazing software that does its real job in no time. We are compiling a short but effective list below to bring your dream into reality and smiles on your client’s faces. Along with all these conversion software, do not forget the essentials an architect must possess in his PC.
How To Convert AutoCAD File To PDF In Windows
For AutoCAD to PDF conversion, this converter is one of the best tools to sort the situation. AutoDWG experts in transforming a batch of AutoCAD files in one go and you can open them all on PDF to compile and work simultaneously. Interestingly, it also converts DWF and DXF files to PDF format.
- You may choose a specific layer or a layout for conversion rather than the whole drawing.
- Set passwords to protect the output PDF and show restrictions for printing, copying, and modifications.
- Retain True Type Font or TTF that is searchable in PDF.
2. AnyDWG to PDF converter
Convert your DWG, DXf and DWF files very easily into PDF using AnyDWG which is full of useful features. The catchiest part about it is that the software can customize the output in very proper color, quality, and size and doesn’t require AutoCAD to work on your PC along.
- Helps in converting all SHX, TTF fonts, raster images, and Excel tables.
- Batch conversion of the drawings for faster work experience.
- Customize your output accordingly (eg. one PDF for each layout or whole DWG to PDF file conversion)
This online AutoCAD to PDF converter is just another great tool that does not even require you to download anything else on your PC. Without losing any relevant information during heavy files conversion, simply choose PDF from the option and your work is done!
- Apart from converting DWG to PDF, try your hands on files like Word, Excel, PPT, HTML, etc.
- Split, merge, compress, lock or unlock the files as per your required actions online.
Convert Here: Aconvert
Another strong tool that pops up in the online world for AutoCAD to PDF file conversion is Zamzar. You may call it a very handy tool that just requires you to open the webpage, upload the DWG file, choose the required format and click ‘Convert Now’. And your work is done within a very short span of time. Yes, you may say that output customization is very limited here but for a quick view of the content, Zamzar is next to perfect.
- Convert files in other formats as well like PNG, JPG, GIF, etc.
- Available in 7 languages.
Convert Here: Zamzar
We shall keep in mind that downloading different software and files do clutter the disk space and you shall remove extra junk & temporary files with time. If you are not using obsolete software & they are lying in PC or you are willing to optimize the system as a whole, Advanced System Optimizer helps you in doing it along with saving you from spyware that may attack the PC.
Apart from that, these tools will sort all the problems of the user, be it an AutoCAD user or not, by converting DWG into PDF very smoothly.