Ever experienced that the video you are playing is on a completely different track than your audio? Now, the reasons for audio going out of sync in Windows 10 could be many. In this blog, we will cumulatively look at some effortless ways using which you can resolve Windows 10 audio delay issues and get audio in sync with the video that is playing.
Ways To Fix Audio Lag In Windows 10
1. Disable Exclusive Applications Priority And Exclusive Control
If you notice an audio lag in Windows 10, you can try disabling Exclusive control and Exclusive Applications Priority. After having disabled this setting, many users have reported fixing issues such as audio lag and sound delay in Windows 10. The steps for the same are mentioned below –
- Type adjust the volume in the search bar next to the Windows icon. The moment you will do that, on the right-hand side sound settings under related settings will appear. Click on it.
- When the Sound settings open, click on Device properties
- Under Related Settings, click on Additional device properties
- Click on the Advanced tab, under Speaker Properties and disable both the options under Exclusive mode
- Click on OK and Apply
2. Check For Corrupt Or Outdated Drivers
Just like in many other cases, a corrupt or outdated audio driver can lead to a sound delay in Windows 10. We can tackle this in two ways manually and with the help of a driver updater software.
Manually Updating Audio Driver in Windows 10
- Open Device Manager by pressing Windows + X keys and click on Device Manager
- Locate Sound, video and game controllers
- Locate your device, right-click on it and then click on Properties
- Under the Driver tab, you can try to Disable Device or Update Driver. Either of the two should work
Note: Should something go wrong, you can rollback to the previously installed driver by clicking on the Roll Back Driver option.
Now, the chances of making errors can be high when you choose to update audio drivers in Windows 10 manually. So, you can move on to a safer option which is –
Use Driver Updater Software To Update Audio Driver
There are several excellent driver updater software out there. So, let’s take an example of Advanced Driver Updater from Systweak. At the outset, it scans your PC for outdated drivers and helps you install and update drivers, all in a matter of a few clicks.
Here Is How Advanced Driver Updater Works –
- As you click on Start Scan Now button, Advanced Driver Updater scans your PC for outdated driver
- It then lists out all the outdated drivers with an option to Update driver
- After you click on Update Driver, it downloads updated drivers
- And voila! You are done!
You can even choose to backup and restore drivers. This option can be a life savior should something go wrong and where we need to revert the changes.
3. Run Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10
The first course of action that you can take to fix Windows 10 audio lag is to use the inbuilt sound troubleshooter. Amongst various other sound issues such as the absence of system sound and sound distortion, the audio troubleshooter may also resolve the Windows 10 audio delay. Here are the steps for the same –
- Open Windows Settings by pressing Windows key + X and then clicking on Settings
- Select Update & Security
- From the left pane choose Troubleshoot
- Under Get up and running click on Playing Audio and then click on Run the troubleshooter under it
This might or might not be the ultimate resolve. But, at least it will tell you the exact reason why there is an audio delay in Windows 10. Here’s what you can do to improve your PC’s sound performance.
Also Read: How To Solve No Sound Problem In Windows 10
4. Disable All Enhancements
This solution can especially work out if you are facing video and audio out of sync in Windows 10. To disable all enhancements –
- Type Control Panel in the search bar next to the Windows icon
- Click on hardware and sound or simply sound
- Select your audio device; here, mine is Conexant SmartAudioHD. Right-click on it and go to the properties
- Go to the Enhancements tab
- Select Disable all sound effects and enhancements
- Click on Apply and then Okay
Here We Wrap Up
Apart from the aforementioned ways, there could be several other ways to resolve audio lag in Windows 10 audio lag. But, what we can assure you is that these are some of the simple ways that even a beginner user can apply. Do let us know in the comments section below which of the above ways helped you fix sound delay issues in Windows 10. For more such troubleshooting content, keep reading Systweak blogs and don’t forget to catch us up on Facebook and YouTube.