QUOTE OF THE DAY:
One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don’t throw it away. – Stephen Hawking
FACEBOOK REMOVES MULTIPLE PAGES, GROUPS, AND ACCOUNTS FOR COORDINATED INAUTHENTIC BEHAVIOR
Facebook in an investigation, removed 652 illegal and inauthentic pages & accounts of the network named “Liberty Front Press”.
REST NOT, TILL WE REACH!
Facebook is continuously taking actions against any illegal or inauthentic activity that is taking place. Following the series of events for privacy and security, Facebook took another step.
It removed 652 pages, groups and accounts that were responsible for synchronized inauthentic behavior on Facebook and Instagram. These illegal groups targeted people across multiple internet services in the Middle East, Latin America, UK and US.
On this, Nathaniel Gleicher, Head of Cybersecurity Policy said,
“Some of this activity originated in Iran, and some originated in Russia. These were distinct campaigns and we have not identified any link or coordination between them. However, they used similar tactics by creating networks of accounts to mislead others about who they were and what they were doing.”
HOW DID FACEBOOK CAME TO KNOW?
Facebook got a tip from FireEye, a cybersecurity firm, which in July warned Facebook about “Liberty Front Press”. It is a network of Facebook pages and accounts. They also have accounts on other social networks as well.
Once, Facebook got to know about this, with an immediate effect they started investigation into “Liberty Front Press”. When investigating, Facebook found out additional accounts and pages from their network, which can be linked to Iranian state media.
WHAT FACEBOOK FOUND SO FAR?
For this Facebook had to complete the investigation in three parts which are as follows:
- Accounts created in 2013: 74 Pages, 70 accounts, and 3 groups on Facebook, as well as 76 accounts on Instagram.
- Accounts created in 2016: 12 Pages and 66 accounts on Facebook, as well as 9 accounts on Instagram.
- Accounts created in 2011: 168 Pages and 140 accounts on Facebook, as well as 31 accounts on Instagram.
Well, most of the illegal accounts & pages have been removed and for rest, the investigation is still ON!
On this Facebook posted,
“Finally, we’ve removed Pages, groups and accounts that can be linked to sources the US government has previously identified as Russian military intelligence services. This is unrelated to the activities we found in Iran.”
GOOGLE CHROME’S VERSION 69 ALL SET TO RELEASE
Google is all set to release Google Chrome’s latest version Chrome 69 (M69) on September 4th this year, which will be available for all operating systems.
WHAT ARE THE NEW BROWSER UPDATES?
There are several updates that will be released with Chrome 69, let’s take a brief look of what all new Google Chrome will have:
- Password Alert policy: New Chrome 69 will have password alert as a policy for Chrome browser to allow users to specify both Google and non-Google accounts.
- Reduce Chrome crashes caused by third-party software: There will be no more third-party inject codes as it will be now blocked by default.
- On-premise reporting: With Chrome 69, users will be able to use new reporting tool that will provide insights into the browser. Where you can use policies to specify what to monitor.
- Browser interface changes: Google Chrome will now have a new Chrome design for all operating systems, which includes notification-center integration, touchpad gesture navigation on Windows, and autofill updates.
- Flash deprecation: Every time user restarts Chrome browser, they must grant permission for sites to use flash. This is done because Adobe will stop updating and distributing Adobe Flash at the end of 2020.
- Update to Legacy Browser Support extension: The version of this extension will be updated to version 5.4. With which, you will be able to specify more accurate rules in URL lists to manage multiple web sites hosted on same domain.
WHAT ARE THE UPCOMING UPDATES TARGETED FOR M70?
As we all know Google thinks a way ahead compared to us. Google in an information about Chrome 69, also mentioned some of the updates that will be coming out with Google Chrome 70 (M70). There updates are as follows:
- Redirect Protection: This is a security feature that will be used to block redirects from cross-domain iframes. You can even view if your site is affected or not.
- Enable key remapping for external keyboards: With this Key remapping feature, on external keyboard through keyboard settings users will be able to remap the Search, Command, and Windows.
If you found this helpful, please let us know what changes you notice once you have applied the changes in the comment box given.