Having the right web browser by your side can make a substantial difference in the way you browse the Internet. Until & unless, you’re at the workstation crunching numbers or editing blockbuster movies, you probably spend the majority of time scrolling web pages. That is why it’s imperative to have the best browser for Windows 10 that can meet all your needs. But which one is exactly the best? Which is the fastest & safest browser available? Well, every company claims their latest browser solution is most secured, but how do you know that it does offer what it says?
Well, to save your research time while searching for the top Internet browser for your PC. We’ve listed the Top 10 Fastest Browsers For Windows 10 & below, and we’ve evaluated each browser based on these criteria:
- Speed – It’s the most important factor to consider. Because, hey, who doesn’t get easily annoyed with slow page load times.
- Navigation – Having an ability to navigate from one place to another quickly is the need of the hour.
- Extensions – Who doesn’t need those add-ons for making browsing more convenient & satisfying? Well, I am sure that I do!
- Privacy & Security – An excellent browser is the one that focuses on user privacy & security. So, you might be looking for a web browser that helps you minimize how you’re tracked.
- Customization – Well, the ability to customize the toolbar, change browser theme & manage bookmarks, are some of the important things that every good web browser should have.
- User Experience – Well, who doesn’t like a clean, intuitive & eye-pleasing interface? Of course, it might not be an essential factor to consider while choosing the Best Web Browser for Windows 10, but it does matter!
For Android users Best Mobile Browsers For Android
So, let’s explore the features, advantages & disadvantages of these Top 10 Most Fastest & Safest Browsers for Windows 10 & older versions. Also, do not forget to tell us your favorite web browser at the end of the article in the comments section!
|All-Time Favorite Browser||Google Chrome|
|Best Alternative To Chrome||Mozilla Firefox|
|Most Underrated Browser||Opera|
|The Standard Internet Browser||Microsoft Edge|
|Best Private Browser||Brave Browser|
|Fastest & Safest Browser||Vivaldi|
|Best Anonymous Browser||Tor|
|Best Open Source Browser||Chromium|
|The Feature-Rich Secure Browser||Maxthon|
|Best Browser For Downloading||Comodo IceDragon|
Top 10 Best Web Browsers For Windows 10 Compared (2020)
|Most Popular Browsers||Owned By||Price||Software License||Current Layout Engine||Recent Release Version|
|Google Chrome||Free||BSD (Chromium Executable Closed-Source Features)||Blink||81.0.4044.138|
|Mozilla Firefox||Mozilla Foundation||Free||MPL2.0||Gecko||76.0.1|
|Microsoft Edge||Microsoft||Free||BSD (Chromium Executable Closed-Source Features)||Blink||81.0.416.72|
|Brave Browser||Brave Software, Inc.||Free||MPL2.0||Blink||0.64.75|
|Vivaldi||Vivaldi Technologies||Free||Proprietary||Blink||3.0 (1874.38)|
|Tor||The Tor Project||Free||BSD 3-clause license||Gecko||0.4.2.7|
|Chromium||The Chromium Project||Free||BSD||Blink||81.0.4044.138|
|Maxthon||Maxthon International Limited||Free||Proprietary||Blink, Trident||188.8.131.520|
|Comodo IceDragon||Comodo IceDragon||Free||MPL2.0||Gecko||184.108.40.206|
Top 10 Fastest Web Browsers For Windows 10
Explore the best bunch of Fastest Browser for Windows 10, 8, 7 and another popular OS.
1. Google Chrome – All-Time Favorite Browser
|Platforms Supported: Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, and Linux.|
Google Chrome is the only Internet Browser that has rapidly raised the popularity charts as soon as it was introduced in 2009. It’s one of the most used browsers of all times with more than 60% of market share. Yes, you read that, right! It has become one of the most popular browser choices & all thanks to its speed performance, easy to navigate interface and security controls. It works amazingly well when it comes to syncing your preferences & managing bookmarks across all your devices.
PROS & CONS:
- Simple interface with a limited number of tools on the main page
- Save your valuable time by loading web pages at a faster rate.
- Useful Chrome extensions to improve browsing speed and security.
- Proffers advanced inbuilt tools like PDF Viewer, Language Translator & more.
- Easily integrates with other applications of Google like Gmail, Drive, AdSense, Google Ads
- Uses a lot of your system memory.
- Comparatively fewer options to customize buttons and menus.
2. Mozilla Firefox – Best Alternative To Chrome
|Platforms Supported: Android, iOS, Windows, macOS & Linux.|
Firefox is the closest alternative to Google Chrome, & it’s all because of its versatile and feature-rich capabilities for both casual browsing and intensive research. As part of our testing, Firefox takes around 4.5 seconds to load full pages, including heavy-content sites. Its incognito mode is considered as one of the secure browsing platforms. Though Firefox’s usage has been in decline for several years, after it’s a reinvention with the ‘Quantum’ engineering project, the web browser has become better for everyday use. It’s one most used browser for downloading songs & movies.
PROS & CONS:
- Built on modern underpinnings that have drastically improved performance, making it one of the fastest web browsers for Windows 10.
- The latest browser version comes with useful features like better recommendations, enhanced tab management, new task manager & more.
- Control what you share online with the powerful Private Browsing mode with added Tracking Protection.
- Helps you disable tracking & blocking in-browser crypto mining.
- Lightweight Windows 10 Internet Browser.
- Bookmarked web pages aren’t easy to find.
- The Landing page is packed with lots of suggested links and ads.
3. Opera – Most Underrated Browser
|Platforms Supported: Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS & other basic phones.|
Well, it’s one of the most underrated Web Browsers available in the market. You might recall Opera as using it on your Java-enabled mobile phones. Probably one of the oldest web browsers present today, but Opera does have received several active developments these days. Be it customizable workspaces, integrated messengers, unit converter, snapshot tool or crypto wallet. These latest updates have made the browser so much better; it surely deserves to be a part of this list of fastest browsers for Windows 10 & older versions
PROS & CONS:
- Opera lets you pin shortcuts to your favorite sites & most used settings to improve efficiency
- Lightweight Windows 10 Internet Browser allows you to surf via voice commands.
- The most secure browser that lets you sync across all your devices you use it on.
- It comes with a built-in security feature that allows users to check websites for malicious content & other infections.
- Little slower than other best web browsers for Windows 10, but it’s ideal for people who deal with slow connections.
4. Microsoft Edge – The Standard Internet Browser
|Platforms Supported: Android, iOS, Windows, and macOS.|
Do you get frustrated when your browser takes a lot of time to load web pages? If yes, then immediately switch to Microsoft Edge. It’s undoubtedly one of the best & fastest browsers for Windows 10. Going back to its flagship web browser Internet Explorer built for Windows 95, Microsoft dominated the browser market with more than 90% of share in 2003. It’s one of the most popular browsers in the market & all thanks to its crystal clear privacy tools & lots of customization options. It’s noticeably fast and gives fine-grained control over how you browse the websites.
PROS & CONS:
- Lightest browser available for Windows 10.
- Reliable and easy to use.
- Edge is one of the fastest browsers for Windows 10 as compared to other options.
- Warns users about dangerous websites while browsing, making it one of the safest browser for Windows PC.
- Best browser for downloading websites as apps.
- Not compatible with computers running earlier versions of Windows
- Fewer browsing extensions are available than other top web browsers mentioned here
5. Brave – Best Private Browser
|Platforms Supported: Windows, macOS, Linux, Android & iOS.|
If you are concerned about who is tracking you or you don’t want even your ISP to know what you are surfing on the Internet, choose Brave. It’s packed with all the standard features of an ideal web browser like the intuitive interface, faster browsing, multi-platform support, private or incognito surfing, multiple tabs management and more. Brave offers users much more than that; it brings the capability to earn for browsing. Yes, you read that right. It has become one of the most used browsers for making money. Wondering how? Read about its reward policy here. Check how you can contribute towards the Brave Community & make your browsing experience better.
PROS & CONS:
- What makes Brave Browser stand out from others is its aggressive anti-ad attitude, making it one of the safest browsers out there.
- It’s built-in ad-tracker & ad-blocker removes advertisements that significantly speed up page loading times. Hence, enjoy faster browsing experience!
- Consumes less data as compared to other Internet browsers for Windows.
- Get paid for surfing the Internet via Brave Browser.
- Truly respect the privacy of users, making it the best anonymous browser for Windows 10.
- Fewer browsing extensions are available than other top web browsers mentioned here.
- You’ll find a lot of features to be present in the beta stage only.
6. Vivaldi – Fastest & Safest Browser
|Platforms Supported: Windows, macOS & Linux|
A new entrant in the field of The Best Web Browser For Windows 10, Vivaldi is built on the top of Chromium project. Bringing the best combination of Google Chrome and Opera browsers, Vivaldi is a uniquely fast, flexible and most secure browser available in the market. This top browser offers incredible multiple tab management features; you can even tweak every part of the browser windows for a more personalized experience. Here are some other features which make it one of the best search engines in our Top 12 Best Internet Browsers For Windows 10.
PROS & CONS:
- Fastest & lightest web browser for Windows 10
- The most customizable Internet Browser, Vivaldi allows you to transform the size and appearance of its UI elements completely.
- Enjoy custom shortcuts, keyboard shortcuts, mouse gestures & bookmark manager.
- Offers built-in Notes feature to save your ideas, username, passwords, etc.
- Fast forward & rewind feature for speedy navigation.
- To provide maximum privacy and security to its users, it comes with a whole range of settings to manage your data safely, making it the best private browser for Windows 10.
- Occupies a significant amount of memory.
7. Tor – Best Anonymous Browser
|Platforms Supported: Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS & Android.|
Want to browse the Internet more securely & protect overall privacy? Well, if you just wish to surf the Internet without revealing your identity and completely anonymously? Then the best web browser you are looking for is Tor. It is undoubtedly an ultimate defense against tracking, censorship and surveillance. Using this best anonymous browser, you don’t need to worry about your digital safety anymore. It’s various protective tools ensure to cloak your browsing session entirely, so that users can surf the Internet without thinking about anyone tracking them, just under the protective blanket of Tor!
PROS & CONS:
- Open source Internet Browser which means anyone can inspect the code
- Privacy-conscious top search engine.
- Surf Deep, Dark & even blocked websites without any restrictions with this desktop browser.
- Provides complete anonymity, allows you to hide your original IP Address.
- Browse non-indexed pages on Yandex, Bing & Google.
- Have iPhone & Android browsers as well.
- Doesn’t recommend for use with BitTorrent or any other torrent clients.
- Reduced bandwidth speeds.
- Outdated interface
8. Chromium – Best Open Source Browser
|Platforms Supported: Windows, macOS, Linux & Android|
We all realize how Google Chrome is one of the most popular web browsers among people, but there would be no Chrome if there would be no Chromium. It’s the open-source project that underpins the Chrome Browser. By look & features, Chromium is similar to the desktop browser Chrome. You can simply sign-in with your Google account, sync data, download extensions & more. But there are still some differences which might help users to make a better choice. Fewer to mention, Chromium doesn’t support automatic updates & doesn’t even offer a player component, so might be taken as a major flaw for several Windows users.
PROS & CONS:
- Since it’s an open-source project, anyone can freely use it & modify it
- Chromium can access Chrome’s extension.
- It is a default desktop browser for a lot of Linux distributions
- The top web browser is open source & without proprietary codecs, it is free.
- Chromium doesn’t support Adobe Flash natively similar to Chrome.
- Both Web Browsers for Windows 10 possess security sandbox mode. However, Chromium has it disabled by default (in some cases).
9. Maxthon – The Feature-Rich Secure Browser
|Platforms Supported: Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android.|
Our Top 10 Fastest Web Browsers 2020, cannot be completed without mentioning, Maxthon. It is both a lightweight & private Windows 10 Internet browser. Packed with standard features found in other Best Web browsers, Maxthon offers an advanced bunch of features and tools too that sets it apart. Users most love its split-screen browsing, Ad Hunter, Customizable skins, RSS reader, support for Internet Explorer plugins and more.
PROS & CONS:
- The fastest browser for Windows 10 with lots of customizable features
- Drag & drop content feature available with this most popular web browser.
- Keeps your PC optimized while using it
- Doesn’t confuse users by showing irrelevant ads
- Best web browsers for accessing websites which are not responding to Chrome or Firefox
- At some extent, Maxthon boosts up Internet connection & loads web pages faster than other top browsers mentioned here
- Doesn’t use a lot of RAM and memory.
- Doesn’t automatically install updates
- Maxthon default security settings are not enough to protect you from phishing schemes and malware
10. Comodo IceDragon – Best Browser For Downloading
|Platforms Supported: Windows, Mac & Android|
Considered as one of the fastest and more secure versions of Firefox, Comodo IceDragon is our last Top Web Browser in the list. It’s very light on system resources and helps users with smooth surfing performance by loading webpages at a faster rate than other options mentioned here. It claims to be the best browser for downloading large files & we cannot agree more that it works at a blazing speed. Using Comodo IceDragon, you can be assured of excellent privacy and security as well.
PROS & CONS:
- Best private browser for Windows 10
- Offers multiple browser extensions
- Unlike other desktop browser apps, Comodo comes integrated with social media platforms; hence you can instantly share stuff.
- Offers a portable option during installation. Therefore you can enjoy it on any platform without installing it again
- Sometimes have frequent crashing problems
Frequently Asked Questions: Top Web Browsers 2020
Q1. What is the global market share of top desktop Internet browsers?
Well, according to Statista, Google Chrome is leading the browser market share by 68.11% as per March 2020, followed by Firefox with mere 9.25% of market share.
Q2. Is It Possible To Download Safari On Windows 10 PC?
Yes, you can install Safari on Windows 10 or below versions. Though most of the users prefer using Google Chrome browser; Safari remains a useful choice among a dedicated number of people. So, if you’ve ever wanted to use Safari browser on Windows 10 machine, here’s how you can do it:
STEP 1- Click here to download the 5.1.7 Safari setup file. It supports popular Windows version 10, 8, 7 (both 32 bit & 64 bit)
STEP 2- After installing the setup file, just run the installer and simply follow the on-screen instructions to download Safari on Windows PC successfully.
Q3. How Do I Test My Web Browser’s Speed?
Well, using a dedicated utility like BrowserBench can help you measure the speed of your browser. It offers a complete suite of tests all focused on different aspects of checking browser performance.
Q4. Is There A Better Web Browser Than Google Chrome?
Well, as we have already seen the list of Most Popular Browsers for Windows PC. What is better or best eventually comes to your needs and requirements. If you are looking for a complete package, that brings you the speed/better page load time, navigation, excellent user experience & so on, then choose Google chrome. But if you want the fastest web browsing experience with ultimate security, then you should undoubtedly choose Vivaldi.
Wrapping Up: Best Web Browsers For Windows 10
We realize the fact that even after reading this, you’ll continue using your current web browser, but you can at least think about giving some of these Best Internet Browsers a try!
Do you have something else to add to this list of Internet Browsers? You can share your best Web Browser for Windows 10 in the comment section below!