Web Browsers simply open the doors to the magical world of the Internet. The browser market is massive & there are a lot of options that users can consider using. Today, Internet Browsers are not just about visiting webpages, they function as something of an operating system on their own.
As your Web Browser is one of the most used applications, so, it’s essential to pick the one that suits your needs and works best for you!
Let’s explore the features, advantages & disadvantages of top 9 web browsers. Here’s the list of internet browsers for Windows 10 & older versions.
|Best Internet Browser Overall||Opera|
|Most Underrated Browser||Brave Browser|
|All-Time Favorite Browser||Google Chrome|
|Best Alternative To Chrome||Mozilla Firefox|
|The Standard Internet Browser||Microsoft Edge|
|Best Open Source Browser||Chromium|
|Complete Suite Of Security Tools||Tor|
|Most Customizable Browser||Vivaldi|
|The Feature-Rich Secure Browser||Maxthon|
Top 9 Fastest Web Browsers For Windows 10
Explore the best bunch of Fastest Browser for Windows 10, 8, 7 and another popular OS.
1. Opera – Best Internet Browser Overall
One of the most underrated Web Browser available is Opera. You might recall Opera using on your Java-enabled mobile phones. Probably one of the oldest web browsers present today, Opera has received active development these days. Though, it got completely vanished at the time of Chrome’s introduction. But the latest updates have made it so much better, it surely deserves to be a part of this list of Internet browsers.
PROS & CONS:
- Opera lets you pin shortcuts to your favorite sites & most used settings to improve efficiency.
- Lightweight Windows 10 Internet Browser allows you to surf via voice commands.
- Opera syncs across all your devices you use it on.
- Comes with a built-in security feature that allows users to check websites for malicious content & other infections. You can adjust the security settings to make it more effective.
- Supports nearly all desktop and mobile OS.
- Slower than other best web browsers for Windows 10, but it’s ideal for people who deal with slow connections.
- Platforms Supported: Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS & other basic phones.
2. Brave – Most Underrated Browser
First up is Brave Browser & it’s truly deserving. Packed with all the standard features of an ideal web browser like Intuitive interface, faster browsing, multi-platform support, private or incognito surfing, multiple tabs management and more. It offers users much more than that, it brings the capability to earn for browsing with Brave Browser. How? Read about its reward policy here!
PROS & CONS:
- What makes Brave Browser stand out from others is its aggressive anti-ad attitude.
- It’s built-in ad-tracker & ad-blocker removes advertisements that greatly speeds up page loading times.
- Truly respect the privacy of users, completely anonymous & secure browsing.
- Consumes less data as compared to other Internet browsers.
- Has a built-in ad tracker & blocker, hence you can avoid buying additional software or extension to get rid of inappropriate advertisements.
- Get paid for surfing the Internet via Brave Browser.
- Contribute towards Brave Community, to make your browsing experience better.
- Platforms Supported: Windows, macOS, Linux, Android & iOS
3. Google Chrome – All-Time Favorite Browser
Google Chrome is the only Internet Browser that rapidly rose up the popularity charts as soon as it was introduced in 2009. It’s one of the most used search engines with more than 60% of market share. It’s easy to navigate and secure to use, it simply syncs your preferences & bookmarks across all your devices.
PROS & CONS:
- Simple Interface with a limited number of tools on the main page.
- Save your valuable time by loading web pages in a jiffy.
- Improve browsing speed and security by adding Chrome Extensions.
- In comparison to other Best web browsers for Windows 10, Chrome releases updates very quickly.
- Proffers inbuilt advanced tools like PDF Viewer, Language Translator & more.
- Integrates with other applications of Google. If you log into Chrome, then you’ll automatically be logged into other apps such as Gmail, Drive, AdSense, Google Ads.
- Uses lots of RAM.
- Very fewer options to customize buttons and menus.
- Platforms Supported: Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, and Linux
4. Mozilla Firefox – Best Alternative To Chrome
Firefox the closest alternative to Google Chrome is a versatile and feature-rich browser for both casual browsing and intensive research. As part of our testing, Firefox takes around 4.5 seconds to load full pages including heavy-content sites. Its incognito mode is considered as one of the secure browsing platform. Though Firefox’s usage has been in decline for several years, after it’s reinvention with ‘Quantum’ engineering project, the browser has become better for everyday use.
PROS & CONS:
- Built on modern underpinnings that have drastically improved performance.
- The latest version comes with useful features like better recommendations, enhanced tab management, new task manager & more.
- Control what you share online with the powerful Private Browsing mode with added Tracking Protection.
- Disable tracking & blocking in-browser crypto mining.
- Lightweight Windows 10 Internet Browser.
- Bookmarked webpages aren’t easy to find.
- The Landing page is packed with lots of suggested links and ads.
- Platforms Supported: Android, iOS, Windows, macOS & Linux.
5. Microsoft Edge – The Standard Internet Browser
Do you get frustrated when your browser takes more time to load webpages? If yes, then immediately switch to Microsoft Edge. Going back to its flagship web browser Internet Explorer built for Windows 95, Microsoft dominated the browser market with more than 90% of share in 2003.
PROS & CONS:
- Reliable and easy to use.
- Edge is one of the fastest browsers for Windows 10 as compared to other options.
- Warns users about dangerous websites while accessing.
- This Internet browser is pretty big in size as compared to others.
- There are a couple of Edge extensions available on Microsoft Store. To name a few Grammarly, Avast, AdBlock, Honey, etc.
- Not compatible with computers running earlier versions of Windows.
- Platforms Supported: Android, iOS, Windows, and macOS.
|Author’s Tip: To block unwanted tracking, hidden malware, banners, video ads & pop-ups, try using StopAll Ads free extension. Browse safely & optimize your surfing experience!|
6. Chromium – Best Open Source Browser
We all realize how Chrome is one of the most popular web browsers among people, but there would be no Chrome if there would be no Chromium. It’s the open-source project that underpins the Chrome Browser. By look & features, Chromium is similar to Chrome. You can simply sign-in with your Google account, sync data, download extensions & more. But there are still some differences which might help users to make a better choice.
PROS & CONS:
- Since it’s an open-source project, anyone can freely use it & modify it.
- Chromium can access to Chrome’s extension.
- Updates more frequently than Chrome.
- It is a default browser for a lot of Linux distributions.
- It’s an open source & without proprietary codecs, it is free.
- Chromium doesn’t support Adobe Flash natively similar to Chrome.
- Both Web Browsers for Windows 10 possess security sandbox mode, however, Chromium has it disabled by default (in some cases).
- Platforms Supported: Windows, macOS, Linux & Android
7. Tor – Complete Suite Of Security Tools
Want to browse more securely to protect your privacy & system? Do you just wish to surf the Internet without revealing your identity and completely anonymously? If the answer to both the questions is yes, then you don’t need to worry about your Internet safety again. Because Tor Browser comes with various protective tools to help users in browsing the Internet privately & securely.
PROS & CONS:
- Open source Internet Browser which means the code can be inspected by anyone.
- Privacy-conscious search engine.
- Surf Deep, Dark & even blocked websites without any restrictions.
- Provides anonymity, allows you hiding your original IP Address.
- Browser non-indexed pages on Yandex, Bing & Google.
- Doesn’t recommend for use with BitTorrent or any other Torrent clients.
- Reduced bandwidth speeds.
- Doesn’t encrypt your traffic.
- Dated interface.
- Supports all major operating system.
- Platforms Supported: Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS & Android
8. Vivaldi – Most Customizable Browser
A new entrant in the field of Best Web Browser For Windows 10, Vivaldi is built on the top of Chromium project. Bringing the best combination of Google Chrome and Opera browsers, Vivaldi is uniquely fast, flexible and functional browser available in the market. This fastest browser on Windows 10 offers flexible multiple tab management features, you can even tweak every part of the browser windows to create a personalized experience. Here are some other features which make it one of the best search engines in the top nine list of Internet Browsers.
PROS & CONS:
- Fastest browser for Windows 10.
- The most customizable Internet Browser, Vivaldi allows you to completely transform the size and appearance of its UI elements.
- Custom shortcuts, Bookmark manager.
- Custom keyboard shortcuts, mouse gestures.
- With the aim to provide maximum privacy and security to its users, this lightweight Windows 10 Internet browser comes with a whole range of settings to manage your data safely.
- Fast forward & rewind for speedy navigation.
- Built-in Notes feature to save your ideas, username, passwords, etc.
- Platforms Supported: Windows, macOS & Linux
|Author’s Tip: Tackle hacking & data breaches in the first place. Avoid saving your confidential information anywhere. Use TweakPass Password Manager to lock your sensitive info & other data securely. An easy way to shield your personal data from all kinds of threats!|
9. Maxthon – The Feature-Rich Secure Browser
Last but not the least in consideration, Maxthon is the fastest & lightweight Windows 10 Internet browser. Packed with standard features found in other Best Web browsers for Windows 10, Maxthon offers an advanced bunch of features and tools too that sets it apart. Its split screen browsing, Ad Hunter, Customizable skins, RSS reader, support for Internet Explorer plugins and more are most loved by users.
PROS & CONS:
- The fastest browser for Windows 10 with customizable features.
- Drag & drop content feature available.
- Keeps your PC optimized while using it.
- Doesn’t confuse users by showing irrelevant ads.
- Best for accessing websites which are not responding to Chrome or Firefox.
- At some extent, Maxthon boosts up Internet connection & open web pages faster.
- Doesn’t automatically install updates.
- Doesn’t use a lot of RAM and memory.
- Maxthon default security settings are not enough to protect you from phishing schemes and malware.
- Platforms Supported: Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android.
Wrapping Up: Best Web Browsers For Windows 10
We realize the fact that even after reading this, you’ll continue using your current web browser, but you can at least think about giving some of these Best Internet Browsers a try!
Do you have something else to add to this list of Internet Browsers? You can share your best Web Browser for Windows 10 in the comment section below!