Staying fit and focused is key to accomplish any task that life throws at you. And, your Android device could just give you the motivation you ever needed. In fact,several apps and gadgets canhelp you keep tabs on your workouts. Listed below are some of the best fitness tracker apps and gadgets that will provide you useful insights on your workouts.
Note: These fitness gadgets and apps are not placed on the basis of ranking. You can choose a gadget or app as per your needs.
Top 4 Fitness Gadgets For Android
1. Fitbit versa 2
If there’s one fitness gadget that fits all your exercising needs, it has to be a fitness tracker. Also, available by the name smart band, these help you keep track of fitness activities like –
- Steps you have walked in a day (pedometer)
- All-day activity
- Heart rate
Fitbit versa 2 is one of the best selling fitness watches available. Priced at a little over $200, it helps you track your heart rate, the steps you have walked in a day and calories you have burnt amongst several other features.
The watch can even be synced with an Android device using the Fitbit app.
After you have performed a workout your muscles tend to break. It is important that they be given some time to recover otherwise an injury is bound to happen. There are fitness gadgets that are specifically aimed at recovering muscles. PowerDot, for instance, helps your muscles recover by –
- Massaging out any knots
- Increasing blood circulation, muscle strength and endurance
- Relieving joints and muscles of soreness
The PowerDot comes in two variants – red and black. And, a single pod would cost you somewhere around $200, whereas two pods would cost you $350.
PowerDot can be synced with your Android device using Bluetooth and a dedicated app.
3. EufyLife Smart Scale Weighing Machine
If you have a weighing scale, it probably just shows you your weight or maybe a few other details. But, Eufylife Smart Scale is a weighing scale that would probably give other fitness gadgets a run for the money.
Why? Because the moment you step on it, it’s sensors holistically gives you insight on –
- Weight, muscle mass, BMI, bone mass and 12 other aspects
- Your body’s progress in the form of graphs
- Water intake
- Your family’s health
The EufyLife app that the scale comes with is probably one of the most decent looking and best fitness apps for Android. The scale easily pairs with your Android device and app lets you in on all the above-mentioned aspects.
4. Hidrate Spark 3 Smart Water Bottle
Water intake is a crucial fitness aspect. The more hydrated you are, the better your body would function. But, keeping a track of your water intake could be a difficult task. Definitely not! If you have Hidrate Spark 3 Smart Water Bottle. Now, you might hesitate in spending some $ 40 dollars on the bottle but the moment you realize that it’s actually a disguised fitness gadget, you wouldn’t give a second thought and purchase it immediately.
Notable features of this bottle include –
- Customizable illumination patterns to remind you to drink water
- Sensors track your water intake and flash it on the hydration tracker app
- Easily washable body
- Replaceable and long-lasting batteries
And that’s not the end the bottle can be synced with an app that helps you keep tabs on your water intake, can be integrated with other health apps and if you loose your bottle you can as well track it with the app.
Top 4 Fitness Tracker Apps
1. Calorie Counter – MyFitnessPal
Calories counter is one of the best free fitness apps for Android. Don’t just go by the name. Apart from helping you count calories, it helps you track your food habits, reach your health goals and share your achievement with your loved ones.
It’s probably the best fitness tracker app that comes with tons of features like –
- Goal setting: you can choose a personalised goal (For eg. weight loss)
- Choose food items from a large food database according to your goals
- Keep a track of exercises you have done accurately with no of steps, reps, etc
- Integration with other best fitness apps for Android like Fitbit, Runkeeper, Strava, Garmin, MapMyFitnes and many more
- Exposure to a large community for tips, motivation and advice
Rating: 4.5 Stars
2. Strava: Track Running, Cycling & Swimming
Strava is undoubtedly one of the best fitness tracker apps, especially for those who are training to run a marathon or planning to go on a long bike trail. It doubles up as a GPS tracker that records your activities that you have performed on a particular route and analyzes your fitness levels.
Here are some of the significant features of Strava –
- Availability of wide range of sports like yoga, surf, hike, crossfit, etc
- Route mapping and recording
- Mile and distance counter
- Availability of monthly challenges
- Exposure to clubs of brands and communities
- Easy social sharing
- Live feedback so that you can train correctly and perform better
3. Home Workout – No Equipment
Where to go if you wish to get ripped? Get a full body workout right at your home with “Home Workout – No Equipment” on your Android device. In fact, install any app from Leap Fitness Group, and you’ll just fall in love with working out.
The features of this app include –
- Systematic stretching and warm-up
- Time-bound exercises with appropriate rest intervals between each exercise for recovery
- Division of high-intensity exercises into beginner, intermediate and advanced levels
- Customizable day-wise progress reports
- Day wise distribution of exercises with separate video and graphic tutorials for each exercise so that you can correctly tone your abs
4. Nike Training Club
Again Nike Training Club or NTC is a holistic free fitness app that meticulously trains you to get a better body. Here, you can browse from several kinds of exercises and choose whether or not you want exercises that involve equipment.
Here are some of its notable features
- Get exact guidance for the type of exercise chosen
- Choose exercises according to specific muscle groups and levels
- Find fitness events happening around the globe
- Save workouts for future reference
Commit To Stay Fit
Whether you aim at getting a lean muscular body or just wish to get healthier, the above-mentioned fitness gadgets and fitness tracker apps would help you stay on point with your health regime. Is there a gadget that we missed or an app that should have made to the list of best fitness apps for Android? Do let us know in the comments section below and for more such content keep reading Systweak Blogs.