Our dependency on emails has extended so much that it has now become the primary mode of communication. Also, since it is a written mode of communication, therefore many a times it is preferred over calls. If you too have opted for email as your preferred mode of communication then you will surely receive lots of emails daily, i.e. from official to personal, important to mere promotional emails.
However, it is not possible for anyone to check the inbox of Gmail, Yahoo or Outlook from time to time, especially when you are in your office. This may lead to missing out on the important emails, some of which may also require an immediate action.
So, guys, if you do not wish to miss any of your important email then enable desktop notification, that allows Gmail, Yahoo and Outlook to display popup notifications on your PC or Mac as soon as a new mail arrives in your mailbox.
How to Get Started?
Desktop Notification for Incoming Mail in Gmail:
Before moving onto the steps please note that once you have enabled desktop notification you will always receive a pop-up in the bottom right corner of the screen whenever you get a new email.
- To get started, sign into your Gmail account and click on the gear icon located at the top right corner of the screen.
- Now from the drop-down menu select the Settings option.
- This will open the Setting menu. Now, in the General Tab, locate Desktop Nonfiction option.
- Here you will find three options available. The first option is, “New mail notifications on”. This option if enabled notifies you whenever a new message arrives either in your inbox or primary tab.
The other option is “Important mail notifications on”. This option notifies only when an important message comes to your inbox. Gmail considers an email important on various parameters, like the one coming from which you contact often, or the ones that you often read and reply.
The third option is “Mail notifications off”. This option turns off all the desktop notifications.
- Now since you wish to enable desktop notification, then you need to make a choice between two options. Once you choose the one which suits you the best click on, “Click here to enable desktop notifications for Gmail.” This will prompt a message at the top of the screen. Click on Allow button to allow the desktop notifications.
- Click on Save button located at the bottom of the screen to save the changes.
That’s it. You have successfully enabled the desktop notifications for Gmail. Now, whenever an email arrives, a prompt will appear letting you know that you have received an email.
Desktop Notification for Incoming Mail in Yahoo Mail:
For Yahoo New Mail:
- Sign into your Yahoo Mail account and click on Settings. (the gear icon located at the top right corner of the screen).
- Now click on ‘More Settings’ at the bottom of Settings pane.
- In the new window that opens, click on ‘Notifications’ option and toggle ‘Desktop notifications’ on.
Also Read: How to Configure Yahoo Mail on Outlook?
Enable Desktop notifications on in classic Yahoo Mail:
If you are on classic Yahoo Mail then the steps will be bit different.
- Sign into your Yahoo Mail account and click on the gear icon located at the top right corner of the screen. From the drop-down menu click on Settings.
- In the Settings window click on Viewing email and check mark the option Enable desktop notification for. You can also make selection between the type of desktop notification you wish to receive. Click on Save to save the changes that you have made.
That’s it. Now you will always get desktop notification for every incoming mail in Yahoo.
Desktop Notification for Incoming Mail in Outlook (2016, 2013, & 2010):
- Open your Outlook account and select the File menu > Options.
- In the left pane select ‘Mail’.
- In the Message arrival section check mark the option ‘Display a Desktop Alert’ and click on OK.
That’s all guys. Following the steps listed above, you will always get a desktop notification for every incoming mail for Gmail, Yahoo and Outlook account.