Sending emails is quite a usual task. Imagine sending an email to your boss and forgetting to mention important details? What if you send an email to the wrong recipients? Sent an email without attaching a file that you mentioned in the body? Wish you could take it back? Thinking whether it is possible or not?
Well if you are an Outlook user, we have good news for you. You can recall a sent email provided the recipient has not opened that email.
In this post, we will discuss how you can recall an email in Outlook. Read on to get a short tutorial on how to call back an email in Outlook.
How To Recall Mail In Outlook ?
Now you know it is possible, let’s focus on steps required to retract an email on Outlook. Usually, Office users prefer Microsoft Outlook as their primary email specifically for work. And as it works surprisingly well for all platforms it is popularly used to send/receive emails at work. Therefore, we must know how to recall a mail on Outlook to avoid mistakes or embarrassment.
Firstly, we need to remember that time is the essence as in this case, the quicker we respond to call back a message on Outlook, the better are the chances to recall. Therefore, it is to be noted that there are chances that it will not work for some cases, namely-
- Recipient has checked the mail,
- If you both do not use Office 365.
- If you are not working in the same network on Microsoft exchange mail account.
- Message is protected with Azure.
Now that you know your chances, let’s move on to steps:
Step 1; Open Outlook from search box in Start Menu.
Step 2: Go to Sent items from the left and then you will see the layout with the different options in the toolbar.
Step 3: Double-click on the mail you wish to recall. Note that selecting the mail is not the same and therefore you will not see the same options.
Step 4: As it appears in the above pane, click on Message.
Step 5: Go to the Actions button and select Recall this message.
Step 6: A dialogue box is prompted, and you see the options as follows:
- Delete unread copies of this message- As the name suggests, this option deletes the message from recipients’ inbox and they do not ever see it. The process is called a recall email in Outlook.
- Delete unread copies and replace with new message- This option will instead help you to correct and replace the sent mail with the new one. It will apply to all the recipients that were meant to receive the mail. This is helpful to regain the message and make short corrections quickly and replacing that mail on Outlook without trouble.
With easy steps, you can try to undo a mistake while sending mails on Outlook. This will be your last resort to try and snatch the mail back from the recipients while you have time.
Hope you try to use this technique to recall message on Outlook if you find that you have sent an incomplete mail or to a wrong recipient. Subscribe to our newsletter to get regular updates on the tech world. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube and share articles.